It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock Exchange of Idea's.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Thanks to worldchanging.com I now have yet another extremely valuable resource to add to my collection. Basically here is what it is in a nutshell.

www.stockexchangeofvisions.org...

Stock Exchange of Visions is now a website which invites visitors to become aware of the future of the planet.
Through Stock Exchange of Visions the public can see and hear a series of interviews with artists, scientists, sociologists and futurologists - people who have a vision of the future and discuss culture, environment, resources, economy and society.

To give you an glimpse at just how far reaching and ambitious this project truly is, here is a small sample of the topics and professions represented on this site:

Careers of a small sample of the speakers
Anthropologist, Artist, Dancer and Choreographer, Design Journalist, Film Director, Interaction Designer, Oceanographer, Philosopher, Physicist, and Science Journalist

Actually that's most of them as the site has only been live since January 1st.

The whole idea of the site sprung from a show done in Paris entitled Les Yeux Ouverts (Open Eyes).

Here is a smaller sample than the above of the topics these speaker cover:
Animals, Cities, Death, Globalisation, Mass media, Morality, Technology, and Water

They are also subtitled because a lot of them are not in english(at least the two I watched wasn't in english, perfect subtitles though).

Hope you guys find this site as interesting as I do, and I hope in the coming months they flesh out the topics and variety of speakers a bit more.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
A very cool website, and idea in general.

I find it very interesting, and will watch it, do some reading.

Thanks for sharing this find.

join