It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangle burn... what does it mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Anyone that knows me around here knows i am a skeptic at heart. I love to debunk far out claims... now i have one of my own.

Last night, myself and another did a 'ghost hunt', which you can read all about in the paranormal section in Paranormal Australia.

We got home about midnight and i went to bed, completely fine.

When i woke up this morning i was in instant agony, the horrible pain you get when you burn yourself really badly. The pain reached up my leg from my ankle, and on my ankle was a perfect little triangular burn mark.

Now, i'm happy to accept any logical explanations for it. It didn't happen before i went to bed. I know that because i had to take my shoes off before i went to bed and my ankles were fine.

I'd also like any meanings behind what it could mean if we don't find a more logical explanation. I'm open minded to either.

files.abovetopsecret.com...
files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20-1-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Did you fall asleep near a heater, or some other heat source like a lamp? It may be possible you rested your ankle on something hot while you slept. Also maybe it is like a scrape that happened that night but didnt start to hurt until the morning. I have had that happen before. Those are the two things that come to mind for me. Good luck on your quest to solve this puzzle.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by evo80
Did you fall asleep near a heater, or some other heat source like a lamp? It may be possible you rested your ankle on something hot while you slept. Also maybe it is like a scrape that happened that night but didnt start to hurt until the morning. I have had that happen before. Those are the two things that come to mind for me. Good luck on your quest to solve this puzzle.

Thanks. No heater, i'm in Australia. It's hot enough as it is this time of year

As far as the scrape, i guess it is possible, but i did get a good look at my ankle before bed. I may not have taken much notice, admittedly, but i think i would've noticed it regardless.

When i woke up i first thought thanks to how much it hurt that a spider had bitten me, because we get a lot of those here as well. But there is no bite mark, and i've had no reactions to any poisons.

Thanks for the well wishes.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   
The close up pic looked like there was some bruising in the area and like there was a dot in the center. It looks painful. OUCH!!!

Peeps are always asking for photos and now comes the question "Are you just a quack or did this actually appear while you slept?"

Oh, the games we play..............

WTF???

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Socks too tight maybe?

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
The close up pic looked like there was some bruising in the area and like there was a dot in the center. It looks painful. OUCH!!!

Peeps are always asking for photos and now comes the question "Are you just a quack or did this actually appear while you slept?"

Oh, the games we play..............

WTF???

I know how it goes. I'm one of the first ones to demand 'proof' when someone comes out with something like this, so i made sure i took photos of this thing to back up my story. I really have no idea how it got there.

^ As far as the socks thing goes, it goes back to the fact that i took my shoes and socks off before bed, and if it was there i'm pretty sure i would've noticed it. (I know that sounds like i'm trying to fight off all the 'logical' answers, but to me that idea isn't logical. I am fairly perceptive so i'm sure i would've seen it if it was there before i got into bed').

EDIT: Here is as closer a photo as i can take: i3.photobucket.com...

[edit on 20-1-2007 by fooffstarr]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
defcon5 cracked this case for me last night.

He thought it might be a spider bite. I wasn't so sure because i'd never seen a spider bite like this before, but when i woke up today my entire ankle was swollen and the red mark was nearly another centimeter wide.

I went to hospital soon after that and i've been fixed up. Huntsman is the likely culprit, although the doctor did think it resembled a White-tail bite... It couldn't have been a White-tail though because their poison kills within 24 hours.

So all in all, at least i know what it is now. I think i would've preferred it be something paranormal. I hate needles and i had to get a couple!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: fooffstarr

You not the only one I found a misty triangle burn on my arm have no Idea how it go burnt

top topics

join