It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam On Trial

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Will Saddam ever be brought to trial and will it be a fair trial if it happens? And what does everyone think about the outcome of a trial or tribunal?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Two options:

1. Short Ceausescu style trial and merciful bullet.
2. Saddam will reveal all truth
supporting greatly expanded in the Middle East War on Terror.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'd like to see this S.O.B. brought to trail and executed. But before that...I think we should do whatever it takes to get any and all information out of him. Maybe we should hang his ass over a plastic shredder.

Before I get flamed, what this man did to his own people is not repentable....I think his victims families should be given him and let them do as they want. But before hand....I believe he can provide valuable information...especially on 9/11....WHATEVER IT MAY BE!!

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hopefully he will be turned over to the Iraqis, who will then give him a quick trial followed by a bullet in the head. The US should keep it's involvement to a minimum, otherwise the whole process will apear tainted and it will loose all legitimacy in the Arab world.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracer
Will Saddam ever be brought to trial and will it be a fair trial if it happens? And what does everyone think about the outcome of a trial or tribunal?
I think that Saddam would rather die than be brought to a 'fair trial'. A dictator like him would most likely not want the feeling of losing power.

He would be brought to trial, just like anybody else who would be suspected of war crimes.

With that type of trial, the United Nations or the U.S would probably have him wiped off the face of the earth.--i.e. terminated!

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Saddam should be handed over to the Iraqi Council and people, after debriefing, questioning, etc., for a tribunal.
Placing Saddam on trial in the US or the World/International Court will most assuredly make the Iraqi nation and people feel betrayed. The brunt of his crimes were bore by the Iraqi people. In such, they should ultimately determine his fate.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
According to the latest on CNN it looks like they are already in doubt as to who will try Saddam and where.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
he'd be assassinated before the trial could start. that, or maybe a staged "escape"?

we need a boogie man or two to keep the public scared...

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Already have one, and he is "supposedly" still on the loose.....or dead.

On a side note:
Saddam has been reportedly moved to Qatar.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Already have one, and he is "supposedly" still on the loose.....or dead.

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by Seekerof]

Yes, but i wouldn't be surprized if Bin Laden ends up "captured"(or "killed") sometime in october...

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Saddam will definitely be put on trial but where is a good question. It would be most prudent to do it through international courts or UN to make an 'example' of Saddam and to stress the international aspect of terrorism.

On the other hand the US is not a fan of the UN nor is it entirely happy with the international court. If Saddam was tried in Iraq it may cause more chaos than necessary even though it would be easy to convict him there.

Maybe the UN will step forward and offer to take this case and make it easy for the US to give it to them.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There won't be a trial. Come on guys...this man has many ah tale to tell. I don't think he'll be going on trial anytime soon if ever. If (and that's a big if) he does go on trial it will most definately be held in secret behind very think steel doors away from the public...and it will be sealed until our children's children's children could give a # who sold what WMD and who traded what arms.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'll think they'll stick him some reality show.
30 lucky girls, and saddam hussain...only he has a mask on all the time.
Deep

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I believe that if tried by the UN that in essence Saddam would escape any death sentence. And from what I'm reading there are a few groups out there such as Amnesty International who of course oppose the death penalty. And now I've read that the tribunal that the Iraqis have set up just last week is being challenged as not legal and they should not be able to try Saddam.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   
I do not believe the UN would have him killed!

A US or Iraqi council would, and thats how it will probably be done!

Think they will try and make this look as diplomatic as possible, to try and kick off a just Iraqi goverment which Iraqi's control!

Nice way to try and start it eh, killing somone?

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Tracer I think you should have named this thread:Saddams double on trial

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 02:03 AM
link   
He will either commit suicide or will be killed before any trial takes place!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I think Seekerof has it right. The people who should decide his fate are the ones who suffered the most under his regime. The U.N. should only hold sway over his international crimes. Sure, let Iran press charges AFTER the Iraqi people are done with him.

Better yet, let him go.....unarmed in the center of Baghdad. Justice by the people for the people.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Hopefully he will be turned over to the Iraqis, who will then give him a quick trial followed by a bullet in the head.

That's my prediction.....

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Wasn't he supposed to be allowed to leave the country if he gave up his WOMD which didn't exist, american gov win either way

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join