It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Majic Johnson and HIV cure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 01:18 AM
link   
It has been 16 years now since Majic Johnson tested positive for HIV , Now they cant understand why he tests negitive , Did he get a false neg in the first or maybe he never had HIV weird, to say the least , could you live that long on strong drugs and HIV doesn't make sense to me something is up

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Do you have any link or documentation to support this? It does sound like something is strainge but Magic Johnson has been on a "coctail" of many diffrent treatments for years now and he has the $$$ to keep up with them.

It would be interesting if its true.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   
There are a bunch of sites here is a couple

www.salon.com...

drinkthis.typepad.com...

dev.null.org...

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I dont know to much about HIV But he was a great basketball player if this is ture God blees him

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Well the first article says a lot. The other two seem to be conjecture and opinion.

Magic Johnson has the money to swallow the 30+ pills a day that he needs in order to keep his HIV in check. He still has HIV but the virus is so beaten back by the drugs he takes that it no longer is a concern for him at this point as long as he keeps on his medicine.

it's just too bad that pharmacutical companies are more interested in their bottom line thain helping humanity. If this were the case then I would bet that HIV would be cured. I doubt that they are even looking for a cure for this disease at all. If they did a lot of revinue would be lost.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Well the first article says a lot. The other two seem to be conjecture and opinion.

Magic Johnson has the money to swallow the 30+ pills a day that he needs in order to keep his HIV in check. He still has HIV but the virus is so beaten back by the drugs he takes that it no longer is a concern for him at this point as long as he keeps on his medicine.

it's just too bad that pharmacutical companies are more interested in their bottom line thain helping humanity. If this were the case then I would bet that HIV would be cured. I doubt that they are even looking for a cure for this disease at all. If they did a lot of revinue would be lost.

If what you said is ture then why cant they make one super concentrated pillin stead of thrity pills a day ? that would be almost a cure , It would keep it in check this guy looks healthy

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by yenko13

Originally posted by whatukno

If what you said is ture then why cant they make one super concentrated pillin stead of thrity pills a day ? that would be almost a cure , It would keep it in check this guy looks healthy

The point whatukno is trying to point out to you is that if the pharmacutical companys make $5 per pill (for example) then they will make $150 per day for 30 pills so if he uses them for 16 years then they stand to take nearly $900,000 from him (thats just one person, there are millions of people using similar drugs).

If they make one pill @$10 (for example) then over that same period they would only rob him of around $60,000.

And if there was a cure the pharmacutical companys would make nothing, these companys dont profit from healthy people, so they see no reason to find cures.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by xSMOKING_GUNx
And if there was a cure the pharmacutical companys would make nothing, these companys dont profit from healthy people, so they see no reason to find cures.

Very cynical opinion you have there, unfortunately you are more likely right than wrong. It is a sad world we live in.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   
So the pharmacutical companies have a vested interest in keeping the world just a little sick , If this is true I would like to see some proof , It seems they cured polio, but that is all I can think of maybe your right

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   
yep where are the cures, they just have drugs that stabalise conditions.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I had a very good friend who had once tested positive for HIV. He refused to take the HIV drugs and instead took vitamins and concentrated on healthy diet. He never developed the AIDS. He had a website going questioning the unproven HIV = AIDS and believed it was the AIDS drugs which lead to the problems because all the people he knew never even got sick until they started taking the drugs and they died horrible deaths. To back up his claims, he gave the history on some of these drugs in which some of them had previously been taken off the market as cancer drugs because they were deemed too toxic and the drug companies saw another way to make money off the drugs. Some of them had been used as rat poisons/pesticides. I forget all of the info he had gathered from his research; it was all on the website. I had kept in good touch with him for a while and he told me that he kept having government IP's scanning his website on a frequent basis. Then he disappeared suddenly, his website would no longer load, and I have not heard from him since. I have tried tracking him down to no avail. His website did raise some very good questions though and he thought it interesting that the government found his website so interesting before he vanished.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Polio has never been cured, just irraticated, meaning the virus still pops up from time to time, but you won't get it if you immunized against it (immunizations are entirely different thread). Small Poxs have also been irraticated. The only cases of polio that have happend over the last 20 years was from the actual polio vaccine. That is why they are no longer using the "live" vaccine but rather the Salk vaccine which is the dead virus and has no side effects.

As far as Aids goes, I have a friend who was diagnosed 20 years ago with it. He's living just fine. He never went for the "cocktail" mix rather just ate healthy, stayed away from processed foods, only ate organic veggies, stayed away from tobacco and alcohol and seems to being doing just fine.

People never dies of AIDs, just the complications of them...ie pneumonia, cancer etc. And they die of that because the drugs they take surpress the immune system. Go figure

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Yea it a shame that these companies treat people like cattle , I live in NY so I saw my share of people die it is a disater , now Africa is is # 1 in aids deaths

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by yenko13

I know they have at least one pill that combines 3 different ones. I don't know but Johnson might be too far into his HIV to be on just the one pill. Who knows what his treatment is. I doubt it is 30 pills a day though.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
He has tons of things working for him: money for the best health care, amazing genetics only about .1% of the population has, and the physical shape of a professional athlete.

Also, he's not "HIV negative", or cured, he still has HIV. He just has a level below what the tests can detect. For example, if the test only detects viral levels over 200, and he has 25, the test will come back negative but he still has the virus. As soon he gets off medication, the viral levels will multiply and he will die.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:46 PM
link   
If he did clear the AIDS virus after testing positive for it, it's probably because of some atavistic genetic recall to immunity - a lucky fluke of the genetic lottery like the gene that protects against bubonic plague, more than any happy cocktail of goods and services the modern age has bestowed on him.

Like those Kinshasha prostitutes who never get sick.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I do not think there is a clear conspiracy here IMHO. This is simply a case where money talks. He has the $$$$ for the best health care coupled with as pointed out above, he is in superb physical shape.

The real tragedy here is that the message many are taking from this is that AIDS / HIV is no longer a death sentance but rather a manageable condition. Thus they may be disinclined to play things safe.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Magic can afford health care that no other person can, who isn't rich. His monthly bill for his medication ends up being around $30,000 (US) every month. The reason why he does not show the signs of AIDs is because he has been able to buy the newest and most expensive treatments available, some that haven't even been made public to other AIDs victims. He's not cured, but he is going to live as long as any other human being, due to his money.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
sorry but taking the opinion that hiv is a manageable condition is exactly what u need to do to survive,

if u panic and imagine and BELIEVE THAT YOU WILL GET SICK AND THEN DIE YOU WILL and taking the drugs HELPS U GET SICKER , it is unfortunate u cannot read between the lines

i wonder if you are not willing to believe in this great land of USA that big pharma cares not about curing you but keeping you alive longer so you can pay them more, and i'm am saying only those at the high levels who test the drugs know this, docs and everyone else just take the bate and they are (most of them) caring, it is the people at the top who unlike u and me are greedy people who have long since sold there soul to $$$, how they justify it to themselves, we don't understand, but they do but don't research it , listen to what big pharma wants to tell you, surely they would never cash in on sickness, until your realize it is only a select few at the top who do this cruely and everyone else that wants to keep there job falls in line ( remember the fugitive movie)

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well this will be my first post on ATS. I have been around for awhile but figured that if I didn't have anything productive to say, I wouldn't say anything.

On the subject of Magic Johnson, I saw him in a local (Los Angeles) news station interview a few years ago. KTLA I think it was. (Sorry, no link available, it was aired live)

When asked, he was frank and said that he was in the very lucky position that when the test results came back positive, he could afford the very best Doctors and cutting-edge medications. Money was not an issue. That and the fact that he, being a pro athlete in top shape helped a lot.

He was very humble about it. I was impressed at his demeanor and he probably gave hope to others stricken that heard the interview. Seems like a really cool guy, I wish him all the best.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join