It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont buy that CONSOLE YET!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:57 AM
link   
keep in mind that when consoles first come out yeah sure the games are nicer than last generations but look at what allways happens. in the first year all you get is basically test games testing the hardware to see what it can do, and a base game in which the developer is going to build upon for the next release in the series. bullet time is a great example of this, it took the developers a little while to figure out how they could use it and you got prince of persia "NICE" so then why not stick it out until next xmas when prices on these big sistems will drop and they will have better games out

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   
so? Wii sports is really fun :B

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I think Wii is a good console, I don't have any of the big 3 yet (Wii/PS3/360), but he's right, the launch consoles are really just a test phase to see what goes wrong. Why do you think sony only releases a few hundred thousand PS3's?? Because it's cheaper to warranty a few hundred thousand than several million. Every console that has ever been released has had problems, playstation, xbox, etc. etc., so it continues with the PS3, it overheats, and shuts down, doesn't play games properly, or not at all. The 360 had some similar problems until the second launch, and everything has been peachy after the fact. The Wii is not without it's problems though, even though the japanese manufacturers were a little more strict in thier design and research, they couldn't seem to keep a strap on someones' wrist from flinging thier controller through their bigscreen.

I'm waitin on the major release of the PS3, and I just haven't had the time to go get a 360 yet (I'm restoring 3 vehicles at once.)

It's all new tech, it's gonna have bugs, people only want to buy the first gen for two reasons-

10% are the kids/teens who actually want to play the uber-cool games and have no life

the other 90% want some jerk or idiotic parent to pay 5g's for it on ebay for thier repressed kid.

Wow, to think I was one. Well, still am, but now I'm smarter.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kingalbrect79
I think Wii is a good console, I don't have any of the big 3 yet (Wii/PS3/360), but he's right, the launch consoles are really just a test phase to see what goes wrong. Why do you think sony only releases a few hundred thousand PS3's?? Because it's cheaper to warranty a few hundred thousand than several million. Every console that has ever been released has had problems, playstation, xbox, etc. etc., so it continues with the PS3, it overheats, and shuts down, doesn't play games properly, or not at all. The 360 had some similar problems until the second launch, and everything has been peachy after the fact. The Wii is not without it's problems though, even though the japanese manufacturers were a little more strict in thier design and research, they couldn't seem to keep a strap on someones' wrist from flinging thier controller through their bigscreen.

I'm waitin on the major release of the PS3, and I just haven't had the time to go get a 360 yet (I'm restoring 3 vehicles at once.)

It's all new tech, it's gonna have bugs, people only want to buy the first gen for two reasons-

10% are the kids/teens who actually want to play the uber-cool games and have no life

the other 90% want some jerk or idiotic parent to pay 5g's for it on ebay for thier repressed kid.

Wow, to think I was one. Well, still am, but now I'm smarter.

I think this time its nintendo's turn to shine, i agree the WII is a good system and the control form isnt as gimicky as i first thought. all that nintendo needs now are mindblowing games were you have to use that capability and can't doit on the other consoles.

yes the ps3 launch is probably as you described it i dont expect to get one until the price drops or sony does what it does best come out with an affordable version.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
What console? I don't see the picture for it!

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkAlex
What console? I don't see the picture for it!

dude if you had read the whole thing you'd know i'm basically talking about the PS3

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well on the Nintendo side of things my family just got a Revolution, and so far so good. Red Steel as a game had the occasional issue, but over all it's an extremely fun game on an extremely fun console. Wii Sports hasn't given me a single issue aside from boxing needing a little bit of fine tuning.

So for now I'd say the Revolution is safe to buy. Even the wrist strap issue has proven to be a matter of using a little common sense.

[edit on 1/23/2007 by cyberdude78]

posted on Feb, 3 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Well on the Nintendo side of things my family just got a Revolution, and so far so good. Red Steel as a game had the occasional issue, but over all it's an extremely fun game on an extremely fun console. Wii Sports hasn't given me a single issue aside from boxing needing a little bit of fine tuning.

So for now I'd say the Revolution is safe to buy. Even the wrist strap issue has proven to be a matter of using a little common sense.

[edit on 1/23/2007 by cyberdude78]

I love how it was called the Revolution and then all of a sudden it changed to the Wii. But the Wii is awesome and I plan on getting one, if I see one anytime soon. Wii Sports was the only game I played and it sold me right there. I believe Nintendo will do much better this gen then the last. Even though the system is not all high tech, its the games that make the consle.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by King Cholo
the games that make the console.

that was true...but now people expect more out of there devices, Games are still the primary reason people buy a console...but it being the only reason is going the way of the dinosaurs.

I bought a 360 because of several reasons (the games was at the top of the list), but right below that was being able to be networked with my pc, for me...thats a big plus. I like being able to play my music and videos from my 360, so I can watch it on a bigger screen.
consoles now have internet browsers, weather, downloadable shows and movies. The days of consoles being games only, is gone.

posted on Feb, 5 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   
People freak out trying to be the first to get them. They shot some people for their P3's remember.

Plus I had to wait a while to get my 360

When I did get it I ended up down loading so i could play some old x-box games for a while until something cool came out.

What really
me off was Madden, NCAA football. They had all the cool stuff on the X-box games that wasn't on the 360. I ended up trading them in to get the X-box games. It made me feel like a

posted on Feb, 7 2007 @ 02:08 PM
link   
ya my wii always messes up now like i constanly get disc errors for some reason

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
well what i said before has comed to pass see i told everyone to wait unless you planned on getting all 3 and then what happened the red circa followed by a better ps3 and blueray winning was i right or not now i expect a price drop on ps3 for xmas u wait and see

posted on Mar, 25 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
i love the PS systems its just that only thing i dont like about the ps3 is that it freeze none stop for my friend so im going to wait till the ps3 slim come out so far i have only ps1,2 slim i just can find my original version ov the PS1 and PS2 but i didnt like the wii that much i just couldnt get a hold on how the controls work but the 360 is a dessent system but i think microsoft isnt going to have a good year this year lol since the blueray won

top topics

join