It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell New Mexico, 1947

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Who has never heard of UFO's? Not many people will answer 'I've never heard of UFO's'. But when you ask 'Who believes in UFO's', you get answers like: 'Not me' or 'First see, then believe'.

I also first want to see, before I believe they are there, but I'm standing very open for it. I can't imagine that we are the only one in such a big universe. There has to be more life than only on our planet. I also can't imagine that we are the most developed.

One kind of observation attracts me in special. That's the UFO-crash in Roswell, New Mexico in July 1947. I saw the movie about it, saw some interviews, read something about it and at the moment I'm reading a book about it.

Here is the "official" Air Force Report:

The "Roswell Incident" refers to an event that supposedly happened in July, 1947, wherein the Army Air Forces (AAF) allegedly recovered remains of a crashed "flying disc" near Roswell, New Mexico. In February, 1994, the General Accounting Office (GAO), acting on the request of a New Mexico Congressman, initiated an audit to attempt to locate records of such an incident and to determine if records regarding it were properly handled. Although the GAO effort was to look at a number of government agencies, the apparent focus was on the Air Force. SAF/AAZ , as the Central Point of Contact for the GAO in this matter, initiated a systematic search of current Air Force offices as well as numerous archives and records centers that might help explain this matter. Research revealed that the "Roswell Incident" was not even considered a UFO event until the 1978-1980 time frame. Prior to that, the incident was dismissed because the AAF originally identified the debris recovered as being that of a weather balloon. Subsequently, various authors wrote a number of books claiming that, not only was debris from an alien spacecraft recovered, but also the bodies of the craft's alien occupants. These claims continue to evolve today and the Air Force is now routinely accused of engaging in a "cover-up" of this supposed event.

For a full Report please Click Here to see it. If anyone can add anything to this, please do so.

Thank you.

Rolling smiley is the best!

[Edited on 14-12-2003 by JeanLucPicard]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
One thing I dont like about the 1994 investigation is... they have had 47 years to cover it up.

Research revealed that the "Roswell Incident" was not even considered a UFO event until the 1978-1980 time frame

I dont see how that can be true.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It is true that the Roswell incident was considered a non-issue as of 1978 when Stanton Friedman resurrected it. Theory on UFOs/ETs being covered up by the government was still a topic, though.

I'm sure Roswell was an actual alien ship crash from all the credible testimony I've heard. Not helping a bit unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
What about the initial local newspaper headlines and radio newscasts of the day?

You I think that spooks live the worst life of all, they either live in denial or their lives are one big lie. One day the 'man' will snap his fingers and the spook' will come out of his or her mind control spell and act like the truth is self evident.

They will have to hide somewhere because all of a sudden their entire life will be an embarassment to them. Funny though, they will be the last to see this too..

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Didn't the Air Force recently claim that the "bodies" found at Roswell were actually test dummies of some sort? (i'm not sure why you would need test dummies for an unmanned ballon...)I didn't see any mention of them in the article. Also, why did they insist it was a weather balloon in the early 90's, then jsut a few years later come out and say it was designed to spy on Russian nuclear tests?

Why should we trust any official report when it seems that every few years another official report comes out that completely contradicts the previous one?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Sharky,

that is the point and well made. Liars are always caught up in their lies.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sharky
Didn't the Air Force recently claim that the "bodies" found at Roswell were actually test dummies of some sort? (i'm not sure why you would need test dummies for an unmanned ballon...)I didn't see any mention of them in the article. Also, why did they insist it was a weather balloon in the early 90's, then jsut a few years later come out and say it was designed to spy on Russian nuclear tests?

Why should we trust any official report when it seems that every few years another official report comes out that completely contradicts the previous one?

I suppose because prior to the 1990's, russia was the U.S. BIGGEST cold war enemy, and had been since right after WWII. So admitting in the 1980's (or earlier) that it was indeed intended to spy on the Russians would cause a MAJOR international incident, since the US and Russia were in the middle of the cold war.
Of course, in 1989/90, communism fell and Russia and the US have become friends, so it wouldnt be as damaging to admit.

I don't honestly believe it WAS a weatherballoon, or something designed to spy on the russians, but if it was, that would make some sense.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I don't know if it is true or not, I can only put in here what I believe to be the truth.

Yes, from what I have read, it wasn't a topic, but UFOs/ETs being covered up by the government was still a topic.

I have heard alot of incredible testimony going both ways also. You just have to believe what has the most possiblity for being correct.

Yes, I do feel sorry for people like that. Besides, people whom live in denial are cowards...

I wish I could tell you why there are all of these stupid reports...
. The best I can do is say that they make up an excuse...then change it becuase the first one isn't very good. As for test dumies, I saw that on the Discovery Chanel also. I have no clue the purpose of that one. Don't trust official reports unless they come out and say, it was an alien space craft carrying aliens.

I wish they would put it together for us that easily...but unfortunatley, they won't because then that would incriminate them in a lie. My personal belief is that it's a space craft, and it was carrying alien bodies.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Picard,
The best attitude you can have is the one you do. It is ok to be curious about things like this. You never know how true they might actually be. But always remember there are at least two sides to every story.

Take your time. This message board is fairly biased towards one side of the issue. That gives you half of the story. Pay attention to what you read here. Then look for people with different points of view. Pay attention to what they have to say. Come to your own conclusions.

Dont believe things because you think people want you to. Also, dont believe things because you think people dont want you too.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Thank you, I try to examine all points of view to come to a conclusion. I just want to make sure that I'm not going to believe something that isn't true. Usually, I neither believe, or dis-believe someone.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think the Roswell Incident was well covered up by the government, and further incidents have occurred but the government covered it up!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
What about the initial local newspaper headlines and radio newscasts of the day?

You I think that spooks live the worst life of all, they either live in denial or their lives are one big lie. One day the 'man' will snap his fingers and the spook' will come out of his or her mind control spell and act like the truth is self evident.

They will have to hide somewhere because all of a sudden their entire life will be an embarassment to them. Funny though, they will be the last to see this too..

Yes sir you are very correct, the AF admitted there was a downed spaceship and reported it . People were starting to panic so they came up with the balloon story to cover it up. I also believe this was the U.S.'s first contact because they didn't know how to handle the hole thing .

AlBeMet

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I am sure that they have covered much up.

The AF is stupid for saying that then, and denying it now.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
Picard,
The best attitude you can have is the one you do. It is ok to be curious about things like this. You never know how true they might actually be. But always remember there are at least two sides to every story.

Take your time. This message board is fairly biased towards one side of the issue. That gives you half of the story. Pay attention to what you read here. Then look for people with different points of view. Pay attention to what they have to say. Come to your own conclusions.

Dont believe things because you think people want you to. Also, dont believe things because you think people dont want you too.

Seapeople,
That's gotta be one of the best replies I've ever read on this forum. Excellent advice.
Keep up the awesome posting!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Yeah I think that the Roswell incident was indeed a cover up. When you read up on it, there is actually a lot of testimony and witnesses that claim that it was a downed craft, not a weather balloon. I haven't heard the test dummies thing, but I don't understand why they would have test dummies lol. It's kind of pointless unless they were intentionally downing it, which apparently wasn't the case.

I definately think that there have been more incidents but the government has learned from their mistakes, Roswell could have been the first time that it has happened and they weren't prepared, which is why their cover up was so horrible.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Seapeople did have a nice reply
, and I appreciate it very much...thank you seapeople!

I have never heard that theory before, but it is one of the better ones that I have heard. It would make sense that if it was there first time handling something like that, then they wouldn't know how to react. It was a pretty bad cover up...
As for crash dumies, I heard that in one of there more recent reports. They keep changing so it's going to be hard to find a real one these days, but we will know the truth.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Im sorry what roswell crash what are you talking about ( must fight brainwashing must remeber the truth aggghhhhhh)

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Yes, I bet they have brainwashed alot of people...LOL

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Can anyone post any good pictures of the Roswell Incident (if there are any), because I tried doing a search on it, but I didn't find any. Either:

1) There are none
2) The Government has destroyed or hidden them

I would really appreciate if you could post some nice pictures involving Roswell.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Ok, hopefully we can clear things up here...

1. It wasn't just a wayward reporter that filed the story of a captured disc, this was a press release, from the press corps of the AAF base at Roswell...from the military itself.

2. It wasn't your average GI that saw the wreckage, it was the chief intelligence officer of the base (Marcell) who was trained in identifying what frickin' plane wreckage belonged to (not to mention, he was on the ONLY base to have an atomic bomber wing). Does this sound like a guy who couldn't identify a weather balloon from a saucer?

3. There are dozens of eyewitnesses with similar stories, including some deathbed confessions (admissable in court as evidence) from military, police, fire, etc. who were involved in the coverup.

4. The "dummies" referred to, were in tests done YEARS later than Mogul. The Mogul coverup is even more bogus than the original story....(nor would dummies be needed in a radar test...
)

5. The sequence of events is quite clear. It wouldn't make sense for the debris of a weather balloon (even a Mogul balloon) to be shipped so heavily under guard, to Wright Field. A crashed saucer though, would make perfect sense, to be sent to Wright Field...

6. The paper trail surrounding Roswell makes it quite clear it was an unknown, disc shaped craft. There are no references to project Mogul, and on memos by people who would have been in the know, if it was a Mogul crash.

7. One must conclude, if the Mogul story is bull#, (and it is) that the Air Force is hiding something (indeed they are).

8. Roswell was simply before we instituted a protocol. All one needs to do is look at the aftermath of Roswell, the establishment of the CIA, numerous executive orders by Truman, the secret visit of Truman, etc. and it's easy to see that the reason there are so many holes, is because they had to move fast to contain the crash, and it's true nature.

EDIT:

I wish they would put it together for us that easily...but unfortunatley, they won't because then that would incriminate them in a lie. My personal belief is that it's a space craft, and it was carrying alien bodies.

Actually, at one time they planned to do just that... Not sure of the project name though....(Discovery comes to mind...)
[Edited on 16-12-2003 by Gazrok]

[Edited on 16-12-2003 by Gazrok]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join