It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

to live like "christ"...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Originally posted by Selmer2
I don't want to live like him, I just want his marketing rights.

flickr.com...

Which is exactly why we have the following result.

600 Million Homeless worldwide
60 Million Starving to Death in a year
6 Million are children

Change will come..

MCM

It was a joke, I do try to model my life on his.

Yes I agree change will come, but I am worried how it will come. I'm hopeing our mass conciousness will change things without the need for a bloodbath.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
If bloodbaths really changed things then we'd be living in a paradise by this point.

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
If bloodbaths really changed things then we'd be living in a paradise by this point.

EXACTLY!

sound logic - something i've thought of more times than i can count!

although certainly they might offer an important contrast in retrospect once things are different

posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Sorry, didn't notice the religion part. But, yeah, I can compare Jesus with all others and say He was a better individual. If we measure goodness by the amount of influence/change of others. Jesus wins always. No one else has been as instrumental in changing the world. He is responsible for one of the largest and most influential "religions". No other name is written about more. The bible (New Testament) is the most popular book ever written (with more copies printed than any other work). I think that says enough.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

Umm... in all honesty you should take a good clear look around you.. especially if you live in Canada or the United States..

*Some* people DO call this place paradise.. you don't think people would be climbing fences and stowing away to come to hell do you?...

Let me ask you this.... If you were automatically born in heaven.. would you even like it? .. you would have no idea what the hell, hell was like! .. Is there a chance you would make heaven a little bit like hell for those who actually enjoy heaven? .. providing we're still talking about The "Western" world as "heaven" obviously hypothetically, but still. I'm sure you can read a bit deeper into what I'm saying here especially about making heaven like hell for those around you..

Through-out history major bloodshed has always been accompanied with an evolution/revolution of sorts.
I'm not saying that it's necessary... but the dolts that run this world seem to think its a good way of getting people to start reading and paying attention.. you know sending your loved ones off to die seems to have that effect.

Now on a side-note here... The Western World being perceived as heaven should demonstrate to you what needs to change in the mind-sets of the world inhabitants, not the fact that the western life-style is heaven... but what people perceive to be heaven....
If we'd recognized it, we would have made friends with it by now.. but we haven't coherently recognized this heaven everyone speaks of.. we feel it every now and then.. it pops up.. I'm not going to tell you what EyE think it is.. because that would be useless .. you wouldn't listen anyway.. lol you're too busy LOOKING hahaha..

can anyone here tell me what Christ defined Heaven as? .. lol

[edit on 1/27/2007 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
Umm... in all honesty you should take a good clear look around you.. especially if you live in Canada or the United States..

*Some* people DO call this place paradise.. you don't think people would be climbing fences and stowing away to come to hell do you?...

"It is hard for the rich to enter the kingdom of heaven, for the rich care for themselves, and despise them that have not"

Let me ask you this.... If you were automatically born in heaven.. would you even like it? .. you would have no idea what the hell, hell was like!

600 Million Homeless
60 Million Starve to death every year
6 Million are innocent Children
1 person dies roughly every 3 seconds from Starvation

Through-out history major bloodshed has always been accompanied with an evolution/revolution of sorts.
I'm not saying that it's necessary... but the dolts that run this world seem to think its a good way of getting people to start reading and paying attention.. you know sending your loved ones off to die seems to have that effect.

This is One Nation Under God...and until we start truly doing that, it will be might against might and sword against sword. An Eye for an eye, both will be blind.
It will be those with insight, that see that retribution doesnt work. This calls for understanding.
There will be a point where mankind has demonstrated that his ways will not change. There will be some, that even when in the presence of the Divine will still no change. Woe to thee.

Now on a side-note here... The Western World being perceived as heaven should demonstrate to you what needs to change in the mind-sets of the world inhabitants, not the fact that the western life-style is heaven... but what people perceive to be heaven....

can anyone here tell me what Christ defined Heaven as? .. lol

'No eye has seen, no ear has heard, and no mind has imagined what God has prepared for those who love him."

To Love God is to do what he asked.
Christ said that if you do as he asks you honor the Father.

Doing as he asks...well..

Thats to live like Christ

Peace

[edit on 27-1-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

This is One Nation Under God...

no, this is a secular nation
just look at the number of atheists popping up
you don't want to alienate a whole 15% of the population, do you?
or are you for depriving them of their rights?
and on the point that followed
historically nations that are truely "under god" have been more brutal and warlike than secular nations

since when was following the words of a man living like him?
people can say high and mighty things but can still be scum
example: ted haggard
preacher who openly attacked homosexuality and drug use
busted for meth and homosexual relations with a prostitute
what you say isn't what you do
following the teachings of "jesus" isn't living like him

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If we say we are one nation under God, and we arent, then we live a lie.
Theres the first problem.

A nation that forms under one creed and lives another is living a lie. When mankind makes his own rules in the world, the rudder has left the ship.

In the old days, a lost rudder was doom.

Second Lesson. Man Cannot serve both God and money. Isnt it clear that greed and love of materialism and arrogance is tearing our nation apart? We have so much arrogance, that we take our walk abroad when we have huge problems at home.

Our nation needs to wake up to reality in what true brotherly love means and start living it before both our planet, and peace as we know it get turned into carnage.

Do you not see the Locust, how they attack as a unified force without a general?
America fights the locust. The locust forms from injustice and poverty. Starvation and inequality.

The locust are building in the world.

One locust can turn into a plague..so mankind better listen up.

I do believe, it is quoted that a house Divided will not stand..

21 There are two classes of the sons of men; they who would build the human race upon the sure foundation stones of justice, truth, equality and right, 22 And they who would destroy the holy temple where the Spirit dwells and bring their fellows down to beggary and crime. 23 The holy brotherhood of right must stand united in the stirring conflicts of the hour. 24 No matter whether they be Jews, Samaritans, Assyrians, or Greeks, they must tramp down beneath their feet all strife, all discord, jealousy and hate, and demonstrate the brotherhood of man. 25 Then to the ruler of the synagogue he spoke: he said, United in the cause of right we stand; divided we will fall...

See that last part? United we stand? Divided we fall?

Thats right...Quote is Courtesy of Jesus Christ..

Start living the Truth as a People or hard times will get harder...for if we do this as a nation when the vine is green, what will we do when it is withered?

Think about it..

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

This is One Nation Under God...

no, this is a secular nation
just look at the number of atheists popping up
you don't want to alienate a whole 15% of the population, do you?
or are you for depriving them of their rights?
and on the point that followed
historically nations that are truely "under god" have been more brutal and warlike than secular nations

since when was following the words of a man living like him?
people can say high and mighty things but can still be scum
example: ted haggard
preacher who openly attacked homosexuality and drug use
busted for meth and homosexual relations with a prostitute
what you say isn't what you do
following the teachings of "jesus" isn't living like him

Hello Friends,

Madness: You make a wonderful point. It serves to prove that humanity, even those who are well intentioned, are still under the influence of the God of this world. After all God didcreate the Heavens and the Earth as a benevolent act of imposition. He wanted all of his creatures to experience pleasure both physical for the lesser and spiritual for the greater. A veritable ladder so to speak.

This ladder or road of transition is fraught with many temptations if we view God as having little control. I don't believe this is the case at all. The key, I believe, is to be able to experience such pleasure without forming an attachment. This is to say, that one should not become overly absorbed in hedonistic pursuits on the path of conscious evolution., if it can be avoided.

I have a feeling that at the pinnacle of spirituality their exists nothingness. A kind of gentle and unpretentious ebb and flow of tranquil, love-like, splendor emanating wave-like into an alternating existent, non existent universe. This is the source of all feeling be they froward or fantastic. Their are no twinkling stars by which gleaming brilliance shines. No smiling faces, nor their opposites in he who wears this this vacuous crown. It is peaceful and love-like splendor that abounds in nothingness, unfettered and free in the twilight of existence and non-existence. Whether it be a feast or a famine here is entirely within an individuals own level of integral self-identification. Their is no guilt or envy of excesses but a single eternal desire to give pleasure in all its forms. This is the source of Love.

It would appear that you aren't the only one with madness in your soul!
Uh, huh

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
“The Government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion.”
— The Treaty of Tripoli, signed by President John Adams, and unanimously approved by the Senate.

just because they insert that we are a nation under god into the pledge of allegiance doesn't make it true

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   
You talk about Love and Pleasure while we have starvation on this planet that is extreme..and you bash the will of God..WOW!

600 million Homeless..3 million of them America
6 Million are children
one person dies every 3 seconds
1 in 8 American kids go to bed hungry

We are the richest nation on earth...

To love your fellow man was to honor God. That was Christs message.

Anything less, well...now..

Dont complaine to God when the planet goes to hell in a hand basket and your wondering what happened.

The solution is simple.

Try putting your face on every person you see.

Peace

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
just because they insert that we are a nation under god into the pledge of allegiance doesn't make it true

Im not even sure how to respond to that..lol

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You talk about Love and Pleasure while we have starvation on this planet that is extreme..and you bash the will of God..WOW!

600 million Homeless..3 million of them America
6 Million are children
one person dies every 3 seconds
1 in 8 American kids go to bed hungry

We are the richest nation on earth...

To love your fellow man was to honor God. That was Christs message.

Anything less, well...now..

Dont complaine to God when the planet goes to hell in a hand basket and your wondering what happened.

The solution is simple.

Try putting your face on every person you see.

Peace

Hello again friends,
HIFIGUY: I agree with you as well. To love your fellow man is to love God. Your fellow man is God!

A couple of questions friends, I hope by asking them the original intent of this thread isn't derailed.

1) Why are people homeless?

2) Why do people die?

3) Why is their starvation in the world?

If answering or exploring any of these questions seems or could be interpreted as inappropriate then please disregard.

Kindest Regards

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join