It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mystery In The Jungle

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
A Cambodian girl went missing when she was eight years old. She went missing in the jungle. After eighteen years, she was found. It is strange indeed. How could someone disappear in the jungle for such a long time. Nearly two decades.

news.yahoo.com
A Cambodian woman missing in the jungle for nearly two decades has been found. Why does she want to go back to the forest?

A Cambodian woman who went missing in the jungle for 18 years before being found last week is struggling to adapt to life as a human and wants to return to the forest, police said on Friday.

"She prefers to crawl rather than walk like a human," said Mao Sun, a district police chief in the jungle-clad northeastern province of Rattanakiri where the girl's family live.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There should be some serious case study on this. This seems to be not normal. This can be probably explained scientifically. But in fact, this is really somewhat strange. She went missing when she was eight years old. After nearly two decades when she found, she can only speak very few words. Cambodian hilltribe minority believe the girl is possessed by evil spirits.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Cambodian girl who went missing for 18 years, a possible case of abduction?

[edit on 19-1-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Well, it is pretty normal given the circumstances.

She went missing when she was eight, before any ideas of civilization
were embedded into her personality/mind completely, and being flung
into the wild, she wouldhave fallen back on her most primitive animal
instincts.

I have top say though, if she wants to go back to the jungle to live,
than they should let her, I mean imagine how you would feel if you
were suddenly put into a foreign environment

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'm thinking she's gonna have her own TV series soon on Discovery.
Cambodian Girls Gone Wild

[edit on 19-1-2007 by rocknroll]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   
My congratulations to her. I've been TRYING to get lost in the wilderness for years but there's so little wilderness left here in the states that it's impossible to do. You're never further than 20 miles from SOMETHING. Depending on terrain, that could be walked in a day. May have to put a hole in her pocket and fill it with bread crumbs so I can follow her out.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
This is a known occurance. Children raised in the wild or severly neglected are refered to as feral children. There have been specials on some of the learning chanels about cases of this. Here are some sites from a quick google search.

www.feralchildren.com...
bowland-files.lancs.ac.uk...
www.world-mysteries.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
CNN gives an update on this in a form of video. They are now waiting on the result of the DNA test whether the woman is indeed the Cambodian couple's long lost daughter who dissapeared for almost two decades.

The video shows some strange scars in her wrists (including other strange scars on her body) which the couple who claimes her parents claimed it was due to an accident when she was young.

If you look at the video, you can see that it looks like a a scar from someone who had been handcuffed.

Various speculations such as "abused" is also being raised.

CNN label this one as "Mystery sorrounds jungle woman"

Source: www.cnn.com...

top topics

join