It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northrop Grumman may not bid for the USAF Tanker contract

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Northrop Grumman may have already decided not to place a bid for the next generation USAF tanker leaving the sole bidder as Boeing. The revelations come after a January 17th review of the bid process by by Pentagon acquisition chief Kenneth Krieg. NG which has partnered with EADS/Airbus says that the "metrics" or evaluation criteria as such that thier KC-30 would be non-compedative. It is unclear if NG does pull out if EADS would attempt to submit the Airbus product on thier own.

Its getting more interesting. Without a US partner the EADS deal is dead IMHO. It would be fatal for any member of congress to support such a deal and even McCain might have to back away from it as well. However, if the single bidder, Boeing would and should come under increased scrutiny from the congress as well.

The complete article can be found here:
NG Closer To Not Submitting Tanker Bid

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I sense something else is cooking. If you read the last part of the article, it says that Northrop is looking to throw more of it's effort into the Next Generation Bomber/ Future Strike Aircraft competition. I wonder if the B-2's sucessor isn't already on the drawing board at Northrop Grumman's Advance Systens Division!

Tim

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Yes, it is. See the bottom of the page:

www.hitechweb.genezis.eu...

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Right! I though of the FSA as more of a B-52/B-1 sucessor then a B-2 sucessor. However, I can see how it might replace the B-2 one day.

Tim

top topics

join