It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Fuel to the anti-FED fire!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

The article does a great job of giving hard data in regards to the shrinking value of the US dollar, and $1 million in particular. The fact is, the FED practice of printing funny money is what is really at the root of the problem. As they print more and more without the gold to back it up, they drive the value straight into the ground. The chain reaction is that foriegn countries no longer trade in US dollars which then compounds the problem.

The other sad thing I took from it was that it is becoming clearer by the day that twenty-somethings like myself have about a 0% chance of enjoying anything resembling a retirement. As cost of living continues to far outpace the increase in wages, the problem is only going to grow worse. I hope you other guys and gals that are my age enjoy working because about 99% of us will do it until we die.

Anyone take anything else from the article?

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
We should eliminate the Federal Reserve, then maybe our problems would go away.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Capitalism at it's best...

Higher taxes for the rich....yet at level that doesn't kill them and just keep it less for the poor so they have room to save money and possibly retire one day..aw I quit.

join