It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Attended Madrassa, Says Hillary

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Question is, if the Washington Times published that you studied at a Massadra while your applying for a job at a jewish owned Bank, would you deny it?

Yes, I would. And as I have said twice, Obama's people are formulating a formal response to this accusation.

I'm not too clear on the Washington Post connection, but if it was a well-known anti-Muslim or anti-Semitic rag that posted the above about me, I might well completely ignore it.

Obama has said he is a Christian. Why must he deny that he's a Muslim, a Catholic, a Jew and a Bhuddist, too? He has said what he IS. Why must he clarify by explicity saying also what he is NOT?

[edit on 21-1-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Seems basic to me...

If my friends found out my Father was Jewish, I would expect to have to explain why I was not...

Just makes common sense..

Semper

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I feel rather deflated about this...

I have always been (above and beyond everything else) rather annoyed by the way in which presidential candidates always seem to come from wealthy backgrounds, or have made it through big business, or through family lineage etc etc.

Of more than 300 million Americans, how does Hillary Clinton become a candidate? Is there no one better qualified out of all those people? (Yes, I know I know! I'm omitting every conspiracy theory from this.)

Such a statement simply shows how narrow minded the woman really is, and showcases her appaling (or lack of) moral integrity. She has in one fowl swoop negated any sense of tollerance which the world has fought long and hard for and is still in dire need of. It is such a pathetic tactic that I am at a loss for words. I just hope that people see through this aweful facade and keep her far away from office.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I would like to see a poll done with ATS to see how many members would like to see Hillary as the party candidate or Obama.

I know it is too early to really choose who you would actually vote for until we hear more from each candidate, just call this an early preliminary vote on how people feel about these two presidential hopefuls right now.

I think that would be pretty interesting.

[edit on 21/1/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Keyhole
I would like to see a poll done with ATS to see how many members would like to see Hillary as the party candidate or Obama.

I know it is too early to really choose who you would actually vote for until

as long as there was a "none of the above" option

im still on teh anyone but hillary platform personally. i dont have a problem with the idea of a woman president, or a black president. or a black woman president.

i just dont want THAT woman as president. any of our canadian ATS'rs willing to rent me a room for 4-8 years if she gets elected? hehe

rofl i got an idea, how bout we write in springer and skeptic as pres and veep? wouldnt that be great. we can run them for president without telling them lol

"springer and skeptic for pres/veep. they dont know the issues, they dont have a platform, they dont even know they're running!"

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Well personally while I have no problem with Hillary as a person, the only way I would vote for her for president is if the Republicans went with some nut job like Newt the Gingrich and even then I would not like it.

My problem with her is that she is damaged goods as it were. And not by Bill's philandering either or her choice to stay with him...that is her business, but I mean it in that she is so polarizing that she has too many negatives against her. If she gets the nomination then every right wing whacko is going to come out of the woodwork to take a pot shot at her and perhaps a real shot as well. If the Democrats want to lose in 2008 then chose her...it would energize the right like nothing else would and it would be a bloodbath.

As for Obama, I feel the same way about him as I do Edwards...great potential. Would be an excellent vice president to someone who has the experince to do the job.

Bush was a 1.5 term governor before he was given the presidency and look at the mess that inexperinced hack has got us into. As for Bill Clinton, at least he had a decade of on the job training before hand.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by grover]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Why must he deny that he's a Muslim, a Catholic, a Jew and a Bhuddist, too? He has said what he IS. Why must he clarify by explicity saying also what he is NOT?

Insight magazine is owned my Reverend Sun Myung Moon, who also owns the Washington Times and both are neo-conservative publications.

I think the story is yellow journalism, but that doesn't mean everyone does. So if he's accused of something that is false, then he should file a libel suit and make a public rebuttal to clarify who is the liar.

Meanwhile, propaganda is still the media's best song.

So spin it again, Sam...

CCCP Newsplash: McCain aka McNuts McFly was brainwashed by VietCong to become the next Manchurian President and will sellout the US for the price of a Chinese Big Mac. McCain also has not denied being a born in Dr. Josef Mengele's Frankenlab for ducks, even though anonymous sparrows witnessed him goosestepping in the bathtub. That's all from Siberia, say goodnight Vlad...

[edit on 21-1-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Strangely enough, this never came up when Obama was running against Ryan in Illinois, and we heard that Ryan had someone professionally trying to dig up dirt on him. Nothing was found. Sounds like Urban Legend to me.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

"I came here to Barack Obama's elementary school in Jakarta looking for what some are calling an Islamic madrassa ... like the ones that teach hate and violence in Pakistan and Afghanistan," Vause said on the "Situation Room" Monday. "I've been to those madrassas in Pakistan ... this school is nothing like that."

Vause also interviewed one of Obama's Basuki classmates, Bandug Winadijanto, who claims that not a lot has changed at the school since the two men were pupils. Insight reported that Obama's political opponents believed the school promoted Wahhabism, a fundamentalist form of Islam, "and are seeking to prove it."Source

So this was a hitjob from the opposing politicians that don't want this guy to be in? Mrs. Clinton shining off her brass knuckles?

What shames me more? Is that the news reported on this story, without doing a simple check like this reporter did to get the full story, not just the tidbits fed to the media.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I would put money down that Clinton had nothing to do with this its entirely a republican smear job. All you have to do is to look at who is promoting it... Insight, Rush Limbraugh and his ilk, fox etc.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by grover]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Here comes the rebuttals:

CNN debunks false report about Obama

JAKARTA, Indonesia (CNN) -- Allegations that Sen. Barack Obama was educated in a radical Muslim school known as a "madrassa" are not accurate, according to CNN reporting.

School not a madrassa

"It's not (an) Islamic school. It's general," Winadijanto said. "There is a lot of Christians, Buddhists, also Confucian. ... So that's a mixed school."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

How long before the libel suit?

[edit on 22-1-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
I would put money down that Clinton had nothing to do with this its entirely a republican smear job. All you have to do is to look at who is promoting it... Insight, Rush Limbraugh and his ilk, fox etc.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by grover]

Of course....

Just from reading here on ATS, it is abundantly clear that the Republicans are responsible for Smearing Obama, Clinton cheating, Kennedy killing Mary Jo, Reid making millions on illegal land schemes, Sinking the Titanic, all major earth quakes and every other ill the Democrats in Moderate sheep clothing do not want to take responsibility for.

It appears that is really the difference in the two is it not?

Semper

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Semper come on spare me... its an attempt to smear both Clinton for "leaking it" and Obama for supposedly attending an Madrassa... now who is going to be spreading such rumors... the tooth fairy?

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well if I had to fathom a guess. And that is all anyone can do is guess as no real information has surfaced.

I would guess it was....hmmmmm.....some reporter....Looking for a scoop..
The Clinton HQ, as she is the ONLY one that stands to lose anything in reference to Obama at this point.

I am pretty sure, correct me if I am wrong, but the Democrat Convention did not come and go while I was asleep did it?

Or, I could be totally paranoid about anything and everything Republican and blame them...

NAH

I'll stay away from paranoia.

It is just so easy to blame the big bad Republican machine for everything. So much harder to look for the truth.

Semper

[edit on 1/22/2007 by semperfortis]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:22 PM
link   
... double post

[edit on 22-1-2007 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis

So much harder to look for the truth.

Semper

Semper, please look at RM's CNN link again. The reporter actually went to Jakarta to check some of the alleged facts in the Insight article. Something Insight obviously couldn't be bothered to do with their hot little story.

Another thing Insight can't be bothered to do. Give their reporter a byline credit for the writing.

Here's the kicker. Seems like they think this kind of reporting is above board and even has clout. Read this, then tell me why I'm channeling Rush (the blowhard) Limpblaugh?:

Insight responds to a Washington Post attack

The Washington Post should ask itself, does it wish to have serious journalists aggressively following up on our ground-breaking story or does it wish to carry water and curry favor for ambitious and aggressive politicians, and attack its competition rather than report?

CNN took care of the serious reporting, is how I see it. Insight has none.

[edit on 22-1-2007 by psyopswatcher]

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
the problem as I see it is one of misconception...

First and foremost...

RUSH IS NOT A JOURNALIST!!!!!

He is a talk show host, a political commentator.

As such, he has as much right to voice his opinion on HIS show as you do on here. More actually as he OWNS his show and we are but members on ATS.

Rush gives his OPINION, and the Liberals start spouting Rush said this, Rush said that.. Well of course he did... IT IS HIS SHOW!!! He owns it, lock stock and barrel... he can say whatever he wants to.

He is NOT reporting news, NOT breaking new stories, he is Politically Commenting, giving his OPINION on subjects...

And as he is the number one such venue, apparently doing a better job then the others.

If he wants to say Obama is a card carrying Communist member of the KKK, that is NO MORE WRONG then the threads on here calling the President a war criminal, an Alien or other such drivel.

The First Amendment applies to Rush also...

Semper

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Hopefully each will manage to sling enough mud to undermine the other and result in neither being elected. That is the best scenario that I can think of...if we could only be that lucky. Hitlery and Osama can both take a flying leap, I wouldn't want either of them as my president.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
The First Amendment applies to Rush also..

...and Rush has the right to channel Reverend Moonbat's agit-propaganda and look like a mindless bigoted dumbass too.

Meanwhile back in the media:

Headmaster Disputes Claim That Obama Attended Islamic School

Washington Post

Hillary Clinton Staffers Denies Hit Job on Barack Obama
MetroPost

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
and from the creators of the "Swiftboat Gang"....

anyone who believes that this is a clinton hit can now take that long list of murdered victims they credit hillary and bill for down off their wall!!

if they were smart enough to off that many people and never be caught, well, this is really too messy of a job to be theirs. heck compared to their work, this is the work of an inexperience college student! how long did it take to debunk it?? I'm almost tempted to suggest that obama hit himself, I mean, we now know that Obama went to the finest state run school in Jakarta, or maybe even indonesia...when he was six years old..
heck, I went to school in a chicken coop when I was six, suspose that's proof that I eat worms for snacks?

this isn't hillary's work, she's much, much better!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join