It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Attended Madrassa, Says Hillary

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Found this, thought I'd share it with everybody.

Fox smears Sen. Obama, says he 'covered up' Muslim past

Fox News Channel's morning program Fox & Friends pointed to a report on Friday that Sen. Barack Obama had attended a Muslim 'madrasa' while living in Indonesia as a 6-year-old child.

Host Steve Doocy went on to highlight Obama's middle name, Hussein, and questioned whether Obama was indoctrinated in extremist Muslim doctrine.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Byrd, you have a very good point. It could just as well be someone wishing to smear Hillary as well as Obama. Because Hillary doesn't come out smelling like a rose making these nasty accusations, either.

Thanks for pointing that out. I admit I'm all too ready to slam Hillary.

Another thought I have frankly, is that the same people who back Bush, back Hillary. It's pretty clear that the White House will be going to a Democrat next year and the Republican's best bet for a Democratic president (in my opinion) would be Hills.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if it really was Clinton who released that info. She knows people are currently paranoid about Islamic politicians. I bet she slings plenty of mud.
She announced she was running for prez just today.

Six years after making history by winning a United States Senate seat as first lady, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton announced this morning that she was taking the first formal step to seek the Democratic presidential nomination in 2008, a journey that would break yet more political barriers in her extraordinary and controversial career.

"I'm in," she said in a statement on her new campaign Web site. "And I'm in to win."

Clinton, 59, called for "bold but practical changes" in foreign, domestic, and national security policy and said she would focus on finding "a right end" to the Iraq war, expanding health insurance, pursuing greater energy independence and strengthening Social Security and Medicare.

In her statement, Clinton also squarely confronted an issue that concerns many Democrats: whether she can, in fact, win the presidency. Some voters still associate her most with the controversies of her husband's administration, and Republicans have long attacked and caricatured her, and plan to brand her as indecisive on Iraq.

Source

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I have a question that some of our Muslim members may be able to answer. Isn't leaving the Islam faith considered a pretty serious thing to muslims? I am basing that on what I've read here on ATS in other threads.

[edit on 20-1-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
the same people who back Bush, back Hillary.

I voted against Kerry in 2008 ... this time I'm going with Guiliani.
What Bush backers are now backing Hillary? Those two are very
different politicians.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
What Bush backers are now backing Hillary? Those two are very
different politicians.

I don't know who they are. The puppetmasters that control the Bush administration. I'm suggesting, supposing, wondering that perhaps the people behind the current administration (the ones who wanted an oil war and control in the Middle East so they started a war in Iraq) are working to get Hillary elected over the other Democratic possibilities, who might actually do something to get us out of Iraq.

It's a conspiracy angle.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
if Obama's cultural heritage was something else,
we would have expected him to be exposed to the cultural themes which were relevant;

there's Chabad,
also Ashram,
don't forget Parochial
..all are immersions into one's particular cultural word-view

Madrasses, which he attended, are just a fourth type of cultural school....

it does seem that the man grew away from those influencial worldviews & chose instead the world of politics & diplomacy as his lifes calling...

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ten bucks says Rove called this reporter and said he was a Hil staffer. When the campaign denies it, they look like incompetents for not researching the competition. Win-win for the turdblossom.

What I don't like about the article is the Wahabbi spin they put on it. Wahabbi being the Islamofascists, extremists, fundamentalists of our day. How do they know? Or is this how they want to make his grade school appear? When the reporter gets back from Jakarta with the facts, wake me up.

FlyersFan, I say he's a quick learner--Harvard Law Review editor doesn't go to just anyone. He's got the charisma (that Hilary really doesn't--oh she has charm, but). He's been in the state House and now Senate.

And what experience did Shrub have? One and a half terms as a governor where he made a mockery and fools of the citizens of Texas.

Hil's two terms as Senator puts her right on par, no?

Now if you want a test of how much his indoctrination into Islam may have affected his outlook on life? Does he own a dog? (we know Hil and Bill did, but I think he got hit by a car?)

That could be a litmus test to see if he's superstitious too, or just afraid of dogs. But from the cab driver thread we learned that true Wahabbi's won't keep a dog in their house.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher
Ten bucks says Rove called this reporter and said he was a Hil staffer. When the campaign denies it, they look like incompetents for not researching the competition. Win-win for the turdblossom.

That's what I was trying to say.
Thanks for saying it more clearly than I did.

What I don't like about the article is the Wahabbi spin they put on it.

Yeah, that, too. There is NO information suggesting that the school he went to was Wahabbi (see below). In fact Obama says it was a moderate school. The article doesn't actually say it was Wahabbi, it just throws it out there for people to infer. And MAN! People who want to imply that Obama's a terrorist run with that crap!

Originally posted by jsobecky
Isn't leaving the Islam faith considered a pretty serious thing to muslims?

I think it probably is, but again. Where is the information that states Obama was EVER a Muslim?

From Snopes (your friend and mine):

Speaking of his father (who left when Obama was 2):

[B]y the time he met my mother, he was a confirmed atheist, thinking religion to be so much superstition, like the mumbo-jumbo of witch doctors that he had witnessed in the Kenyan villages of his youth. Obama described his mother as "secular," saying that: For my mother, organized religion too often dressed up closed-mindedness in the garb of piety, cruelty and oppression in the cloak of righteousness.

SO... if his father was an atheist and his mother was a secular white lady from Kansas, how does he get to be Muslim?

Also:

A recent magazine article claims that aides to Hillary Clinton have alleged Barack Obama attended a madrassa (i.e., an Islamic religious school) for four years as a teenager. An Obama aide said the campaign was working on a formal response and that the claims were "not accurate."

On the Wahabbi front:

Obama described his stepfather, Lolo Soetoro, as "a non-practicing Muslim," and (as previously noted) Obama attended both Catholic and Muslim schools in Indonesia. The claim that Obama attended a radical Wahabbist school in Indonesia in the 1960s is problematic, given that:

The large Indonesian community resident in Mecca was a medium through which knowledge about Wahhabism reached Indonesia, but the community itself appears to have remained virtually immune to Wahhabi influences. In reality there was little direct influence of Wahhabism on Indonesian reformist thought until the 1970s.

Yes, IN REALITY. Let's talk about reality here if we could.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Even if he is a Muslim its so disgusting that he has to be ashamed of his past like that as though he has committed a crime or was in control of his heritage. This point in time will be looked back upon as a dark period in our history when the Religious right actually attempted to take us on a modern day crusade.

Pie

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
In all actuality the only source for this is the right leaning Insight Magazine.... AND it is them who claim that the source was from Clinton's camp.

This is from Time on Line:

["The claim, made in the conservative Insight magazine, also revealed the Machiavellian scheming of political activists in a presidential race still nearly two years away.

It was aimed at tarnishing Mr Obama’s image in the week he announced himself as a White House contender. But the article also claimed that the madrassa allegations came from aides to Hillary Clinton, Mr Obama’s main opponent for the Democratic nomination.

This may be wishful thinking on behalf of Republicans. The Clinton camp is determined not to be accused of digging dirt on Mr Obama because they fear such tactics could backfire, given his popularity.

But the Insight allegations represent an exquisite double shot at the Democrats’ two leading White House contenders: it implies that Mr Obama, whose middle name is Hussein, is a closet Islamic extremist, and that Mrs Clinton is so rattled by his candidacy she is using underhand tactics to weaken him. "]

www.timesonline.co.uk...

So it seems to me that this is just more swift boating from the right unless someone can actually come up with proof that the American born Obama actually attended a Madrassa or that H. Clinton leaked this. From what I have seen from John McCain's so called black love child with a prostitute to the swift boating of John Kerry, Karl Rove (or one of his pupil's) fingerprints are all over this.

By the way Madrassa's are not ALL breeding grounds for the Taliban or Al Qeada... many are just what they were original planned to be....schools.

There is nothing here just more right wing lies for the suckers to swollow hook line and sinker.

Swollow little fishes swollow hard.

[edit on 20-1-2007 by grover]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
This point in time will be looked back upon as a dark period in our history when the Religious right actually attempted to take us on a modern day crusade.

Pie

Yes, of course, it must be the Religious Right who started this. The Left would never think of doing something like this. Especially not Hillary Clinton!

Originally posted by grover
In all actuality the only source for this is the right leaning Insight Magazine.... AND it is them who claim that the source was from Clinton's camp.
:
So it seems to me that this is just more swift boating from the right unless someone can actually come up with proof that the American born Obama actually attended a Madrassa or that H. Clinton leaked this. From what I have seen from John McCain's so called black love child with a prostitute to the swift boating of John Kerry, Karl Rove (or one of his pupil's) fingerprints are all over this.

There is nothing here just more right wing lies for the suckers to swollow hook line and sinker.

Swollow little fishes swollow hard.

I anxiously await your proof that this was not spilled by the Clinton camp. Their denial, you say? Oh, that's proof enough for me!

OK, lets take it from this angle. It was "just more swift boating from the right". Once again, proof?

Drink up, kiddies! Don't worry - they'll make more Kool-Aid!

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by jsobecky
Isn't leaving the Islam faith considered a pretty serious thing to muslims?

I think it probably is, but again. Where is the information that states Obama was EVER a Muslim?

His father and grandfather were muslims. And the son of a muslim is automatically a muslim, I believe. I'm sure I'll be corrected if that is wrong.

A question I have is, do you need to be a muslim to attend a madrassa? If so, then there is the answer to your question. If not, then the questions arises, why would he attend a madrassa?

SO... if his father was an atheist and his mother was a secular white lady from Kansas, how does he get to be Muslim?

His biological father was a muslim (non-practicing, to be sure, but a muslim nonetheless) as was his grandfather. His mother was divorced from his bio father and remarried, so the new father doesn't factor into this.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Actually since I am quoting from time online it is just about as reliable as your quoting from insight or fox and probably more so considering the smear nature of the report.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Do you guys believe that Hillary has the gut to run this country? We'll probably be in shambles in 2008. I cannot see her winning and if she does it will be a freaking miracle.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Let's see - a right wing paper posts an article alleging (via anonymous sources) that one leading Democrat intends to dish out some dirt on the other leading Democrat - conveniently whacking two birds with one stone - and we're supposed to accept it as if it were holy writ.

Something stinks about this whole thing.

Not that I doubt Hillary is quite willing to fight dirty, however this seems simply too convenient...

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
You guys have some pretty twisted assumptions about what it means to be a Muslim or not. There are as many ways to be a Muslim as there is to be a Christian or a Jew or a Buddhist or a Hindu. Despite what we think we see from the Middle East, even there are many different sects and branches of Islam. It is not a monolithic system, those trying to portray it as such, both within and outside of Islam are the problem.

Exactly XMO exactly.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Why has this been upgraded to a lead item? It is slander and gossip! It is most likely from the right wing smear campaigners that brought us the swift boats and John McCain's love child with a black prostitute (aka as his adopted Bangladeshi daughter). Unless someone can produce specific proof that Obama actually attended one of these schools and more specifically that it was a radical militant school, there should be no sin in attending one as there are Madrassa's in this country that provide religious training, just like a Catholic or Protestant school, or that Clinton's camp released the information, it is not news.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Rumor didn't seem to effect Soros's opinion:

Clinton Enters Field, Fueling Race for Money NYTimes
“Soros believes that Senator Obama brings a new energy to the political system and has the potential to be a transformational leader,” said Michael Vachon, a spokesman for Mr. Soros.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Obama hasn't even said anything yet, so maybe he's thinking up how to BBQ Reverend Moon...

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   
wait, didnt one of the quotes above say he attended the school when he was 6? SIX?!?!

i have issues trying to remember yesterday and people want to crusify him (no pun intended) over a school his father (stepfather) put him into when he was SIX?!?!?

and i thought i had too much free time

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join