It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Israel belong to the Jews or the Muslim

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   
me an some friends had a discussion about it. an we cant come to a conclusion to who the country should belong to.

because both jews an muslims have religious structures in the country an both claim they should own it, with the we were here first an so on.... the jews have the west wall which is suppose to be whats left of the kindom that was once there an the muslims have the Dome of rock which it suppose to be where allah ascended to heaven an back.

[edit on 19-1-2007 by DalairTheGreat]

Edit: Fixed the title.

[edit on 20-1-2007 by intrepid]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
LOL. Boy you are asking for it with this thread

I know for a fact there are people for both sides on this board so it could get very heated.

Good luck with that
No comment here.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
i know the conversation could get heated. just dont flame against other people. but im writting a long report at want as much info as possible along with my research, which right now is very little

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   
It belongs to no one. No land is owned by anyone, not in truth. That's a ridiculous idea that has shed more blood than even the religious views that use it.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Christians also have just as much claim to Israeli territory as Jews and Muslims. Israeli does not recognize relgious preference.. the leaders are Jewish by majority.. which is why the US does not have Islamist or Wiccans in office because the majority is Christian. Other then that it is a secular society (or tries to be). Land belongs to no religion but to the people. When the Muslims rout the Jews from the territory it will be theres. Until then it is the Jews.. unless the Christians route them. It all goes to the victors in history.. that decides who wins and looses.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Building a temple over their temple is wrong.
The dome of the rock should be moved elsewhere, I'll be honest, I can not believe it has not been destroyed already.

How would they feel if Israel took over Saudi Arabia and tore down their main temple in Mecca or the other location, then built a Jewish temple over it, would that make them mad?

[edit on 19-1-2007 by PHARAOH1133]

[edit on 19-1-2007 by PHARAOH1133]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I am a firm supporter of Zionism, the belief that the Jews should have a homeland: and I find it repugnant that many American and European "radicals" who should know better drip anti-Semiticism under the guise of being "anti-Zionist" these same people rally in the streets when they think someone is against the Palestinians having a homeland!

I believe Isreal and Palestine both deserve a homeland, and they should live in peace, further I believe the average Arab wants that as well, but the radical clerics will not let it happen

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:11 AM
link   
If they had any sense I think at least the Christians and Jews should (and probably are) be there peacefully together. Now the Muslims, well there seems to be a lot of debate as to whether they should kill Jews/Christians or not but apparently their not meant to as they are "People of the Book" and supposedly all follow the same God. So why all three can't stay there peacefully I have no idea.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I say let it all pan out, those with the biggest guns should eventually win

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:34 AM
link   
After W.W.II when they were making plans for a Jewish homeland, Uganda was one of the places considered. They should have chosen Uganda as it would have prevented all this mess. The Ugandans wanted the influx and subsequent financial assistance. Instead land was illegally given away and the rest is history.
England was in control after W.W.II of what is now Israel, but in a supervisory roll only. They had right to give away PUBLIC land but not private land. Thus those who were forced out have a legitimate and legal claim to getting their land back. Census data clearly shows who owned what land before it was illegally given to the Israelis. Those people deserve their property back. Further, Israel continues to violate international treaties regarding the "occupied territories" They even made a deal with the US to stop building illegal settlements, then they promptly broke that deal.

It is time to end the oppression and stop all US tax dollars from going to Israel until it abides by all international treaties, the right of return is allowed, compensation is paid, and the oppression of non Israeli peoples is ended.

Yes, there should be a Jewish homeland, but not at the expense of others basic human rights. Uganda would have been a far better choice.

One thing you should consider: Israel has a long history of helping Jews from all over move to Israel. Russian Jews, and Jews from all across Europe came and settled in. They were given housing, clothing, jobs, and helped to fit in. After all, the Jewish people have a celebrated story of exodus and the seven wandering tribes so they are spread out all over. The interesting thing is that when Jews from Ethiopia, a well known Jewish cultural center, tried to emigrate into Israel, suddenly there were all sorts of road blocks. It was very difficult for Ethiopian Jews to come to Israel. It seems that white Jews were allowed with little difficulty, but black Jews had to go through all sorts of hoops until they were ultimately denied the right to join as an Israeli citizen. This racist attitude is pervasive in Israel and the way they treat Arabs reflects on this. Just something to consider. Uganda would have been a better choice. Religion should know no racial boundaries.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The dome of the rock was built AFTER the great jewish temple was destoyed by the romans.therefore the site belongs to the jews.unfortunately its prophesized that the anti-christ would try to claim the throne of a re-built jewish temple on that site!

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
If you wish to go far back in history to make land claims then I suggest that you immediately vacate your house and return it to those who were there 1000 years ago. If you wish to discuss people being forced from their homes, homes that had been in their families for many generations, forced out at gunpoint and denied any compensation then look to Israel. After W.W.II many Israelis have sued for compensation for the property that was confiscated during the war. However, Israel has refused to offer any compensation to those who were forced from their homes in what is now Israel.

Interesting dichotomy don't you think.

Further, What is now Israel was never a totaly jewish area. It has always been a comunity of mixed peoples. There were people there before the Jewish temples that were neither Jewish nor muslim.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Christians also have just as much claim to Israeli territory as Jews and Muslims. Israeli does not recognize relgious preference.. the leaders are Jewish by majority.. which is why the US does not have Islamist or Wiccans in office because the majority is Christian.

actually
there is one muslim in congress
a handful of jews
and two buddhists

but no atheists...
even though atheists make up 15% of the population...........

yeah, you're right, the christian majority does enforce it's will disproportionately on the religious minorities

[edit on 1/20/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin
If you wish to go far back in history to make land claims then I suggest that you immediately vacate your house and return it to those who were there 1000 years ago. If you wish to discuss people being forced from their homes, homes that had been in their families for many generations, forced out at gunpoint and denied any compensation then look to Israel. After W.W.II many Israelis have sued for compensation for the property that was confiscated during the war. However, Israel has refused to offer any compensation to those who were forced from their homes in what is now Israel.

Interesting dichotomy don't you think.

Further, What is now Israel was never a totaly jewish area. It has always been a comunity of mixed peoples. There were people there before the Jewish temples that were neither Jewish nor muslim.

Terapin knows his/her stuff when it comes to Israel...I'll just go with whatever he/she says!!!!!!

[edit on 20-1-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
although I'll add this for thought!

"Israel may have the right to put others on trial, but certainly no one has the right to put the Jewish people and the State of Israel on trial."

-- Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, 25 March, 2001 quoted in BBC News Online

or

"Everybody has to move, run and grab as many (Palestinian) hilltops as they can to enlarge the (Jewish) settlements because everything we take now will stay ours...Everything we don't grab will go to them."
-- Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of the Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, Nov. 15, 1998.

or

"It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism, colonialization, or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands."

-- Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, November 15, 1998

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
It belongs to no one. No land is owned by anyone, not in truth. That's a ridiculous idea that has shed more blood than even the religious views that use it.

Logic would dictate that Israel is a precious jewel of world history bequeathed to an entire planet to peacefully reap benefits from: after all, passe for citizenship to be based on religion, almost Aryan. -
Alas land not owned privately is Communist, and all land, water and air desires to belong hotly fisted in the balled up hands of some private coffer. Lest they be fanatical ideologues like Chavez - soldier of Christ.
Guffaw. Seems sharing an ideology is harder than killing for the right to own one.

The only dark miracle of Christ the blackened fig tree - where the three brothers of monotheism belong.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It doesn't matter who it belongs to at all. Why? Because it is in the posession of the Jews politically, economically and militarily. Regardless of who she belongs to we have her and I'm helping to keep it that way.

העמ ישראל חי וזה תמיד יהיה תודה לאלוהים

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There was a time when I was "zionist" in thinking and would say Israel.

Then there came a time when I said, "Who really cares. Look at all the blood and violence. If God wants Israel to have the land then let Him come and give it to them.
Doesnt look like Hes all to interested as Hes doing nothing...except sitting back seeing people kill each other."

So, I should move in, create the heathen temple of dAlen, and let the world worship me.
(oh no, that sounds like the anti-christ.
)

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Politicaly, the occupied territories do not belong to Israel, yet they treat it as though it does. Such self justification is a shameful way to live. The Geneva Convention and basic human rights means nothing to Israel. Shame on them.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Another Israel topic. Don't you understand that people outside Israel are not really care with Israel? If it's vanishing, it's vanishing. One country in minus. We don't really cares about it in Europe. It's a small, but aggressive country, nothing more. Don't try to gather supporters to cover your massacres and explain all the killings, please. That territory is belong to the Palestinians. The thugs of Israel are simple conquerors, nothing more. Failed conquerors, whose have only expertise in one thing, killing innocents.

<<   2  3 >>

join