It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WMD Secreted in Syria, General Sada Says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
General George Sada told The New York Sun that the pilots of the two airliners that transported the weapons of mass destruction to Syria from Iraq approached him in the middle of 2004. I know them very well. They are very good friends of mine. We trust each other, Mr. Sada said of the pilots. The pilots told Mr. Sada that two Iraqi Airways Boeings were converted to cargo planes by removing the seats, Mr. Sada said. Then Special Republican Guard brigades loaded materials onto the planes, he said, including yellow barrels with skull and crossbones on each barrel. The pilots said there was also a ground convoy of trucks. The flights 56 in total, Mr. Sada said attracted little notice because they were thought to be civilian flights providing relief from Iraq to Syria, which had suffered a flood after a dam collapse in June of 2002. Mr. Sada said that the Iraqi official responsible for transferring the weapons was a cousin of Saddam Hussein named as Chemical Ali. The Syrian official responsible for receiving them was a cousin of Bashar Assad who is known variously as General Abu Ali or Abu Himma.

[edit on 1/19/2007 by Gools]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
You Lie!!! It's all a plant by Faux News and President Bush, not to mention the Zionist cabal and Israel!!

--fiqured I'd just get it out of the way for you and the other responders.......

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Not to be rude, but "Welcome to last year"
This was minor news last January.

Sada was selling a book and trying to make himself more relevant that he really was. To date, I have seen nothing that backs up his claims.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I wish we could find out if this was true once and for all.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:35 AM
link   

21 November 2006

Syria and Iraq are to restore diplomatic relations, after a break of more than 20 years.

Agreement on restoring all diplomatic ties was announced in Baghdad by Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari and his Syrian counterpart Walid Muallim.
Correspondents say Iraq hopes the move will help to stem a flow of militants across the border with Syria.

Relations were severed in 1982, during Saddam Hussein's rule and soon after the beginning of the Iran-Iraq war.Syria and Iraq were governed by competing branches of the pan-Arab Baathist movement, and ties have been largely antagonistic.

Source

Now you can draw your own conclusions.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
WHAT IS THE REAL REASON THAT THEY ARE LYING??

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Russian trucks were straifed by Coalition jets on the Syrian border just before the war began. We never heard anything after that.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fennie
WHAT IS THE REAL REASON THAT THEY ARE LYING??

You don't need it spelled out do you? Suckers need to be baited every now and then to garner support for specific causes or products.

If the people that supported the Iraq invasion had never heard of WMDs in Iraq and did not continue to hear lie upon lie about the possiblity of them existing, I imagine support for the war effort would be in the the range of ten percent or lower at this point.

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Frith]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peyres
Russian trucks were straifed by Coalition jets on the Syrian border just before the war began. We never heard anything after that.

I assume you mean Russian-made trucks. I cant imagine the Russians would put 'look at us, we are the Russians, moving Saddam's WMDs into Syria'.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ya know if I were Saddam Hussein and the world's superpower had me in it's cross hairs there is no way in hell I would have gotten rid of any of my weapons. I have heard the argument that he could have done so to make the U.S. look bad. Bullhooey... Bush is quite capable of doing that himself without Saddam's help. This was going to be a fight to the death as it were... there were no odds in Hussein's favor, he had nothing to lose... he was dead meat if he used them and he was dead meat if he didn't. It simply makes no sense to think he would have gotten rid of his only ace (to Bush etc. us tell it) on the eve of battle. No leader or general throws away his weapons unless he is surrendering and throwing himself on the mercy of his captors.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I agree Grover.
Why on earth would Saddam have sent his 'big guns' over to Syria or Iran or where ever?
The answer is he wouldnt have shipped his WMD anywhere.
He would have used them.
He knew we were coming for him.
He knew he was going to die.
He hid in a hole in the ground for petes sake.

This stupid 'find the WMD' game the United States is playing in the middle east would be funny if it wasnt so damn sad.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Ya know if I were Saddam Hussein and the world's superpower had me in it's cross hairs there is no way in hell I would have gotten rid of any of my weapons. I have heard the argument that he could have done so to make the U.S. look bad. Bullhooey... Bush is quite capable of doing that himself without Saddam's help. This was going to be a fight to the death as it were... there were no odds in Hussein's favor, he had nothing to lose... he was dead meat if he used them and he was dead meat if he didn't. It simply makes no sense to think he would have gotten rid of his only ace (to Bush etc. us tell it) on the eve of battle. No leader or general throws away his weapons unless he is surrendering and throwing himself on the mercy of his captors.

Noo, I still think Sadamn would have more to gain by getting rid of the WMD's. If he did use them on Coalition troops, the world would be in uproar, and we would have other wars on our hands. He literally had thousands, we know, because we helped stockpile them, yes, granted. Suddenly they just disapeered

Now there is no justification for the war, the US's reputation is in tatters, and even nations in NATO are attempting to stand up against the US.

It appears that the Coalition of the willing have given up to even bother investigating the possibility that the WMD's have been shipped off to another enemy. And the media have too. There is a minuscule amount of people who are trying to flag the Syria possibility. Don't try and claim otherwise.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is not true; Iraq's WMDs are not in Syria.

If they are, it must be a pitifully small amount, so small that the Syrian authorities were never even notified or noticed for that matter.

You see, this whole time since U.S. invaded Iraq, the resistance, the Sunni resistance, has been directed and reinforced from the Syrian border and Syrian territory, much like Sunni's in Syria supply Hezbollah via Iranian shipments. The Hezbollah situation is a matter of 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' because it is a case of Sunnis and Shias working in unison against their enemy.

But if this happened, the WMDs being spirited away to Syria days or weeks before the invasion, the U.S. would know about it. And if they knew about it, they would've used it as a pretext to extend their 'middle eastern holiday tour' to include Syria as well as Iraq and Afghanistan. The president of the U.S. would jump for joy at the sight of an intelligence document, complete with pictures, providing necessary evidence that WMDs DID exist in Iraq, that they were smuggled into Syria the U.S. enemy, and that now he could send forces into Syria for the same reason he invaded Iraq!

Trust me, they'd be all over this. Syria would be like Iraq except without the sectarian violence; there isnt a sizable minority there of any kind really, just mainly Sunni tribes. It would be easy. It would be doing Lebanon and Israel a favor. It would be assisting the peace process by removing one piece that doesnt fit their idea of how it should be.

Noo, I still think Sadamn would have more to gain by getting rid of the WMD's. If he did use them on Coalition troops, the world would be in uproar, and we would have other wars on our hands. He literally had thousands, we know, because we helped stockpile them, yes, granted. Suddenly they just disapeered

Saddam is dead. He has nothing to gain and had nothing to gain. The U.S. did assist Saddam against Iran during their war with chemical and/or biological weaponry. And that weaponry was used by the Hussein regime to murder innocents as we know, as well as Iranian soldiers and Shia dissenters. That ended in 1988, that war. We went into Iraq the first time under president Bush senior just a few yrs later.. we werent worried, i wonder why that is? considering we gave them to them.

probably because we didnt give them TOOOO much, just enough to gain a solid advantage over Iran, much like we semi-created Taliban by arming and training the Afghan resistence in the 1980's war with Russia. The U.S were working with Al-qaeda who was on Afghanistan's side back then as well, although it was a different organization back then.

notice both sides we propped up won their respective wars, or in Iraq's case lost no ground against Iran. notice also that we went into both countries decades later and removed both regimes, people we supported prior.

no, there was no way to truly know that giving the afgani's weapons and training would spawn the taliban, and no, we did not know that giving iraq WMD's wouldve lead to a lie which led to a war which led to that regime being removed via the U.S. military?

*a hypothetical made-up message from a father to his son*

"You know son, back when your dad was working for President Reagen in the White House during the 80's, our administration gave Iraq certain chemicals to use in their war with Iran, mainly so we could proxy test their effectiveness on a large scale, you know..in a real life conflict.

Here's the thing, son. This is how you can spin violence into policy. The amounts were so small that which we gave them, but this was never divulged due to CIA protocol. When I was in office back in 91', my invasion of Iraq to liberate Kuwait from Hussein was flawless because the man no longer had the chemicals we gave their military, or else surely they would've used them against us I feel, especially to make a point since we had gave it to 'em to begin with you see.

So you can use this as the trump card of your administration son. You can even pass this by the United Nations by using the data from the original CIA operation in which we had armed their regime, and the UN wont be able to lift a finger about it! Their hands are tied. Afterall we are the ones who gave them the WMDs, China and Russia will not deny this because on the surface it appears to their benefit that we had made such a foreign policy mistake back when I was Vice President. So how can you tell us that we don't know our own intelligence? It's a perfect pretext for a full fledged regime change mission Junior, we've been talking about this for a long time.. and you know you have got to do this. With the anti-arab sentiment on the rise since the 9/11 affair, the voters will approve of your every move, Congress will fund this thing. Think it over and give your dad a call in the morning and we'll talk about it. You know I love you. Have a good night George."

*beeeeeeeeeep*

[edit on 1/23/2007 by runetang]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Information provided by U.S. military forces that satellite surveillance showed extensive large-vehicle traffic crossing the Syrian border prior to Operation Iraqi Freedom.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
This was discussed in the media the year the Iraqi war began. That Saddam had his WMD's transported to Syria, I think another theory I heard on Faux news was that he had them floating on rafts or something at sea.

So I must ask, this little distracting story surfaces every now and then, then it is buried, then it comes up again.

So where in the hell was the U.S. in finding these supposed weapons the whole time, since we were initially after WMD's... or were we?

Or are we expected to believe after all these years, the U.S. media reports this theory every now and then, and the government has yet to openly go there and look for these weapons? I would think that the U.S. would want to go after these WMD's since they were the primary excuse in the first place to invade Iraq.

It's a crock. Plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
THE GOAL OF THE CLEAN-UP OPERATION WAS "TO ERASE ALL TRACE OF RUSSIAN INVOLVEMENT" IN SADDAM'S WMD PROGRAMS, AND "WAS A MASTERPIECE OF MILITARY CAMOUFLAGE AND DECEPTION."

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
"Our purpose is to disarm the Americans and let them fall asleep." Wake up, America!

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Is this beyond the realm of possibility?i dont think so.didnt sadam attempt to fly his mig fighters to of all places...iran than have them destroyed?did he think the iranians would give them back@a future date?sure he could have moved materials to syria.

new topics

top topics

join