It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Strike On Iran Turned Back

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
A very interesting aritcle here, I don't know who true the article is, but it make for real good reading....

This is the second time this story has come up this week from two sources and I wanted to pass this on...

Not only was Israeli AF turned back by the US in durning Desert Storm after SH lauched scud missiles into Tel-Aviv late in 1990, but just earlier this month the USAF turned back Israeli F-16 loaded for the second time with 20kt weapons, this time headed aimed at taking out the Iranian leadership.

Israeli Nuclear Strike On Iran Turned Back

By William Thomas
Jan 18th 2007
www.willthomas.net exclusive | 4,980 words

A recent strike by nuclear-armed Israeli Air Force fighter-bombers bound for targets in Iran was turned back after being intercepted by U.S. fighters over Iraq, this reporter has learned.

Two sources have independently confirmed the encounter, which took place on January 7, 2007. Though the first informant offered few details beyond an initial tip, a second source long-known by this reporter to have well-placed U.S. and “non-U.S.” military and government contacts provided specific information regarding the raid, which was aimed at the radical religious ayatollahs holding ultimate power in Iran.

www.willthomas.net...

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This isnt good. I dont want the United States to get involved in a war too early and this means that because the Israeli airforce was stationed over Iran already that means that the Iranians have more time to retaliate.

So... I'm confused

Are you saying that iran will soon=Hiroshima 2?

Well if that's the way it looks like.

I guess... Israel vs Iran is Hiroshima II. I only hope that we dont get involved. We had told Iran that we wouldnt attack them, so by that logic, Israeli is the front runner in this war. Taking that into account... this is a very bad situation, it's very bad.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I happen to believe this is false. And for several reasons. First of all, I can't believe that if the Israelis were truely serious about doing this unilaterally, that they'd hardly try to fly through Iraq. It has been discussed before here other routes, and means, by which to deliver weapons on Iran, not the least of which comes to mind is submarines.

Second, I believe this is probably a hit piece designed to terrorize Iran, and possibly provoke them into firing first, so to speak. Let's face it, with such public awareness now of incidents like the Gulf of Tonkin and false flag operations in general (Operation Northwoods), the administration is not going to get so easily by an increasingly scrutinous public eye. But an Iran fire-first scenario is the one situation where an apparent justification for retribution can take place.

Third, with an increasing powerful Iranian air defense system spearheaded by Russian TOr-M1 and arguably, S-300 missiles, I can hardly believe that Israel would target Iran with only three planes, and not coordinate the attack with other means as well, such as surface to surface missiles, and as previously mentioned, submarines.

I'm just not buying it, and hopefully, for the world's sakes, I am right.

Edit to add:
And upon further scrutiny, I further believe that this article is wack. They mention Debka as a Russian source, when it is widely known that Debkafile is an Israeli publication. And there are more errors as well. In addition, why does this piece go out on such tangents to establish that this might be true? The central point of interest here is that, alledgedly, Israeli nuclear-armed planes were driven back by the US. That point so overshadows the rest of the article, that in trying to support itself, it self-destructed.

[edit on 19-1-2007 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
umm, am i the only one who noticed that the report said "israeli f16s." since when do they have the range for this kind of an operation. i'm calling BS on this one.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700
umm, am i the only one who noticed that the report said "israeli f16s." since when do they have the range for this kind of an operation. i'm calling BS on this one.

The Israeli F16's were being refuelled by the Yanks over Iraqi airspace, allowing them the range needed. Yes, you are correct in stating that the F16's couldnt make the round trip from Israel to Iran and back, which is why the Yanks are helping out.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:39 PM
link   

by which to deliver weapons on Iran, not the least of which comes to mind is submarines.

Yeah but with submarines, it's much more slower, the missiles from the submarine, then hit the north bases and then the reactor. With stealth planes, it's more a ``surprise attack`` and have more chances to go through. Also, launching from a submarine, it will alert the WMDs radars of China and Russia...

P.S. If there's a thread about the use of a submarine by Israël to nuke Iran, please post the link...

Second, I believe this is probably a hit piece designed to terrorize Iran, and possibly provoke them into firing first, so to speak. Let's face it, with such public awareness now of incidents like the Gulf of Tonkin and false flag operations in general (Operation Northwoods), the administration is not going to get so easily by an increasingly scrutinous public eye. But an Iran fire-first scenario is the one situation where an apparent justification for retribution can take place.

Agree.

Third, with an increasing powerful Iranian air defense system spearheaded by Russian TOr-M1 and arguably, S-300 missiles, I can hardly believe that Israel would target Iran with only three planes, and not coordinate the attack with other means as well, such as surface to surface missiles, and as previously mentioned, submarines.

Maybe they don't want a full scale war? They just want to do like they did against Iraq in the 80s? Why back then they didn't wipe out everything in Iraq to attack their nuclear reactor?

I'm just not buying it, and hopefully, for the world's sakes, I am right.

I hope your right too.

Well, modified F-16... or the guy was wrong and it was F-15i...

Just trying to argument

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Maybe they don't want a full scale war? They just want to do like they did against Iraq in the 80s? Why back then they didn't wipe out everything in Iraq to attack their nuclear reactor?

Why? Well for starters, I don't believe Israel had Iraq at every turn denying the holocaust and threatening them with destruction, in their face, like Iran does. And the point in that paragraph was to illustrate that Iran has arguably enough air defenses to easily eliminate a mere 3 planes, so the plan just doesn't make military sense to me. Even though Israel claims to be able to penetrate the shield. Israel also knows that Iran has a sattelite, which provides for early warning, making the mission a virtual suicide. Unassisted that is.

Vitch, try going back to the source article. Just check it out for yourself and see. Rense.com has picked it up now, but I'd almost rather read WorldNutDaily. At least occasionally what they publish seems to be true.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My the IAF didnt plan on returning from this mission, drop the nukes and destroy has much targets as possible before they crash or get destroyed!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Why? Well for starters, I don't believe Israel had Iraq at every turn denying the holocaust and threatening them with destruction, in their face, like Iran does.

Well, being nuked is a big sign of STFU or we'll destroy you, no? Because if they would level Iran with a full scale nuclear war, what do you think Russia and China would do? Not because it's Iran, but because of the radioactivity, pollution and well, the massive use of nuclear weapons against a non-armed nuclear state.

And the point in that paragraph was to illustrate that Iran has arguably enough air defenses to easily eliminate a mere 3 planes, so the plan just doesn't make military sense to me.

Well, first, if the pilots were going kamikaze, that's a huge ``advantage`` for Israël.

Second, a lot of people here are claiming that US or Israël could defeat Iran's defenses with few planes because of the capabilities of the F-15/F-16. And they could take down the S-300 with the JDAM. Maybe the Israëlis think the same thing. Are the S-300 protected against EMP?

If the F-16 can approach the reactor within 20km, they can launch their nuke, and I really really doubt that with the lack of experience of the iranians S-300 operators they will be able to shot down a missile...

Israel also knows that Iran has a sattelite, which provides for early warning, making the mission a virtual suicide. Unassisted that is.

Will the satellite be effective against a stealth F-16? And I think the iranian satellite is much more occupied to watch the american naval force near their border.

Vitch, try going back to the source article. Just check it out for yourself and see. Rense.com has picked it up now, but I'd almost rather read WorldNutDaily. At least occasionally what they publish seems to be true.

Agree, but interesting discussion

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Israel would just base it off as Self-Defense since that get threats of getting wiped off the map every other week. If i was the leader of Israel I would of done them in long ago. BUt then again Israel is the size of a peanut.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:43 PM
link   
What does Israel gain from supposedly trying to launch a nuclear strike on Iran? Assuming they survive the aftermath, that is. International pariah, even moreso than they are already? The nascent reapproachment with Jordan, and Egypt a receding dream.

To my mind, way to much down side, and no gain that I can see.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Maybe one final assault, with all they have or they knock out the main areas of attack by targeting Iranian Nuke and Military capabilites

They trying to finish off what ever they can with with missiles and guns and then crash or make it back into Iraq and eject

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Just to keep this news alive, I've sent the link to few channels and also shared it with my people. I suggest to everyone to do the same, before it would vanishing in the void of darkness and the cruelty of censor-censor-censor. Maybe if the people knows this before it would happen, these Zionist idiots are going to stop their foolishness. At least for a short period of time. Spread this news guys through the net.

D.C.

[edit on 19-1-2007 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
the thing that really ticks me off is that if this kind of scenario were to happen, places like Australia and UK who have a huge muslim population would be the ones "punished" with terrorist attacks, jihads and the like, even though we have a small Jewish population and really dont "get" this middle eastern/Jewish thing.

I hope before either America or Israel decide to do anything in Iran, that they have the decency to contact western leaders with enough warning to prepare us for the consequences from homegrown retaliatoin.

The war on terror has spawned a battle without borders.
When will they wake up to the fact that Iran neednt retaliate on Iranian soil and that this would activate Muslims outside of Iran to be feeling justified in any violence that will suredly happen all around the world?

for gods sake, I hope this isnt true.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
If so be it, if Muslims raise up all over the world, then we know which ones are bad, the ones staying seated!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:24 PM
link   
The Jesus people are very strong. Israel was created so that when Israel goes nuclear bombing, Iran and other's will retaliate against Israel and blow it to bits. But Israel is just a create state the Jewish people reside around the world. They do not have a country. I think this is a big trick. Thats why Israel is so aggressive they don't care if Israel get's struck, it's Palestine's land anyway. It was Neocon's dream when Israel was created. It gave them a station to attack from. Aren't zionist's neocon's? A neocon state created and recognized by America, This article show's that America is a seperate entity then Israel and is telling it to stop. I think it is fake because America created Israel, the people that command the two countries are one and the same. Why do you think Israel and America are fighting in the same general vinicity, it's because America = Israel. Neocon's = America = Israel = nuclear bombing = advancing global warming = antichrist

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia

Originally posted by snafu7700

The Israeli F16's were being refuelled by the Yanks over Iraqi airspace, allowing them the range needed. Yes, you are correct in stating that the F16's couldnt make the round trip from Israel to Iran and back, which is why the Yanks are helping out.

Actually, if we're going on what this article claims, the F16 pilots have already been told that it's a one-way mission and that they're not coming back. The article even says, in a strange twist of fate, that the pilots are prepared to fly their planes and nuclear payloads into their targets in Kamakazee/suicide attacks.

If you disregard this article, most experts believe that an Israeli airstrike against Iran will come by way of a significant number of F15's, which I believe are capable of making the round-trip.

Anyway, I'm not really buying this article. The idea that Israeli would drop a 20 kiloton-nuclear bomb on downtown Iran, without military provocation, is absurd. For comparison, it says that the bomb dropped on Hiroshima was 13 kilotons and killed 140,000 people outright.

Now, if there is anything to this story, then I believe it was planted by the Israeli's in another attempt to scare and/or confuse Iran. Maybe they want Iran unsure about whether Israel will target their nuclear sites or their leadership, and which methods they will use. I just think that if this story was put out by Israel that it would be in a more legitimate, mainstream news source.

There's so much more to discuss about this lengthy article. But I think that until a major/credible news source carries it, or a high-ranking official publicly confirms it, then we are just wasting our time disecting it.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
If so be it, if Muslims raise up all over the world, then we know which ones are bad, the ones staying seated!

DAMN STRAIGHT!

Originally posted by Logitechismykeyboard
The Jesus people are very strong. Israel was created so that when Israel goes nuclear bombing, Iran and other's will retaliate against Israel and blow it to bits. But Israel is just a create state the Jewish people reside around the world. They do not have a country. I think this is a big trick. Thats why Israel is so aggressive they don't care if Israel get's struck, it's Palestine's land anyway. It was Neocon's dream when Israel was created. It gave them a station to attack from. Aren't zionist's neocon's? A neocon state created and recognized by America, This article show's that America is a seperate entity then Israel and is telling it to stop. I think it is fake because America created Israel, the people that command the two countries are one and the same. Why do you think Israel and America are fighting in the same general vinicity, it's because America = Israel. Neocon's = America = Israel = nuclear bombing = advancing global warming = antichrist

You are correct, it does defy logic, which leads me to believe, though cannot be sure either way, it is false

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos

Very true. I just wish the jews would just go away and stop involving the world in their religious vendettas. I'm a christian like billions of others and I dont see why I have to pay in anyway because they want a piece a dirt somewhere in the M/E. I just hope that if they do decide to go at Iran, that they make it very clear that they are doing it alone and of their own accord, so people who really couldnt give a stuff about them or their cause, who live elsewhere in the world, dont get hurt with the backlash and repurcussions. I'm sorry if this sounds offensive, but just like Islam, I am getting really bloody tired of all the religious crap that the rest of us, who arent followers of Islam or Judaism, get dragged into. Its pathetic and has to stop. Rant over.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:12 AM
link   
posted in wrong topic.

[edit on 20-1-2007 by Mdv2]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join