It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stolen BOB

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I like many keep a BOB in my vehicle. I was just wandering if anyone has had any experiances where there BOB was actually stolen? Do you have a backup? Do you keep firearms in your BOB?

THanks for your thoughts

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I never had one stolen, but just last night it occured to me how much it would suck it if my truck was stolen with my stuff inside. I would never keep a firearm in a bob, that would be something that really needs to be secured safely. I could bear the thought of some moron stealing it and killing somebody with it. I admit that I do keep my different knives in my bag though. (actually my BOB is a 50cal ammo box with plastic inserts)

Almost all of the contents are replaceable without too much bother. Although, my compass is an antique, so I would seriously bum if I lost it.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I agree 100% with the firearms. Even though a firearm is part of all of my bobs, the bobs I keep in my vehicles do not have them for the resons you listed. At all times however they are easy to get to whether being on my person or usually close enough to grab if nessesary.

posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
i know al about stolen bob, i lent my van to my "bother" in and when it can back my bob and some other stuff was gone. it turns out he's on of these i never lock cars types( if you saw his car you'd know why.) so now it try to conceal it (the new one ) as best i can and even spread the stuff a bit so it's not really a bob as such but sevral small bags that i can rfassemble into a bob. i never keep a firearm in a bob ( this can be illeagle in many places and can come back to bite you, as you could be held liable for the actions of the thief if he shoots someone .) you can get small safes that can be mounted in places in your car or in the trunk. on of the best ways to assure your equipment supply is to cache (i think thats how it's spelled) stuff in military ammo cans. most use 50 cal cans but you can get cans upto 20mm that will hold a fair size pack and are made of heavey steel with waterproof gaskets. another good container is a plastic ammo can ( i don't know the cal but it;s a good size can) these are also waterproof and will not rust. the big problem is if you live in the city where can you cache stuff safely, it
s not like the country where i live. i can bury stuff on my land anywhere in 30 acres and there is very little chance of someone else finding it . cities though? mabey we need a new thread on chcheing stuff in the city.

top topics

join