It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Masons and drug use

page: 2
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
They have a history of covering for members. But they also have a history of taking care of them. Any to these guys will end up in rehab real quick as soon as word reaches the Grand Poobahs of the Masonic society.




posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Baphomet I agree with you I thought that would not be tolerated ,


Yes I saw rainman why?



posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
In continental Europe, and maybe even parts of the UK, Masonic Lodges tend to be equipped with bars, similar to Moose and Elk Lodges in the US. However, alcoholic beverages in the Lodge building are banned in every US Masonic jurisdiction that I'm aware of.

I agree with Trinity in that Masonry has no stance on drugs per se, but Masons are obliged to the obey the laws of the country in which they reside, unless such laws are an offense to morality and decency. Therefore, Masons who use illegal drugs are subject to Masonic discipline, up to and including expulsion.



posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Simply a Mason is to avoid excess or the contraction of any liscentious or viscious habits. Thus - such use may occur but addictions are problematic and should result in Masonic trial. Theoretically.



posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baphomet79
I thought it was all of you on the outside that were subject to our psychedelic tonics and we were the lucid ones?


Ha... baph, your on the outer rim! Seriously, study up on the secret practices of the elite Sumerians, Egyptians, Druids, and Greeks - all of which modern Freemasonry is directly descended from. All of these are very open with the use of a divining elixir, which can vary greatly, but it is primarily some psychadelic substance reserved for rituals involving only the highest initiates. With the advent of the modern age the lodges were created as merely vessels to cull guard dogs as well as establishing a legitimate front for the inner core which maintains majority control of world industry and government.



posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
With the advent of the modern age the lodges were created as merely vessels to cull guard dogs as well as establishing a legitimate front for the inner core which maintains majority control of world industry and government.


Actually, the Lodges were created well before the modern age by medieval English stonemasons. They were created as "merely vessels" for preserving their Craft, unionizing the artisans, and training apprentices. When the craft guild began to transform into a social club in the 17th century, it became a center for freethinkers, intellectuals, artists, philosophers, and mystics to get together and share exciting ideas about the new sciences and philosophies, without being hindered by the religious establishment.



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I have family members who are Masons and my father is a 32nd Degree Mason. I am wanting to find out more about Masonic history, because I am thinking of joining the local lodge sometime in the future. I know where I'm from that those who attend lodge do not pertake in drug use or drinking of alcohol. If they do. My father doesn't. He's never done drugs or come home smelling of alcohol after a meeting.



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Actually, the Lodges were created well before the modern age by medieval English stonemasons. They were created as "merely vessels" for preserving their Craft, unionizing the artisans, and training apprentices. When the craft guild began to transform into a social club in the 17th century, it became a center for freethinkers, intellectuals, artists, philosophers, and mystics to get together and share exciting ideas about the new sciences and philosophies, without being hindered by the religious establishment.


Well ML, you sure know how to take the fun out of a thread.


...wonder if I could sell my Masonic hookah on ebay?



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
When the craft guild began to transform into a social club in the 17th century


this is more or less what i was referring to... as it is more formally known today.

I also am concurrent that as a basis Freemasonry, as I understand, does not condone alcohol, drug use, or any other form of liscentiousness. They sternly frown upon any such behavior. Not to say that there are not members who stray - depending on their status they are, in most cases, severely chastised and motivated toward rehabiitation. I am merely making the fact that at high levels it has been disclosed of ritualized intoxication - this type of "drug" use is properly considered more of a ritual sacrament after the 33rd initiation.


[edit on 26-1-2007 by kronos11]



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
I am merely making the fact that at high levels it has been disclosed of ritualized intoxication - this type of "drug" use is properly considered more of a ritual sacrament after the 33rd initiation.


That's interesting (and a new one on me) By whom, pray tell, was this disclosed? ...and PLEASE don't say Jim Shaw. I just won't be able to stand it.

After my 33rd Degree Initiation we had a Gala Banquet and I had a glass of wine. But then, I generally always have a glass or two of wine with or after dinner.

Nope. No "ritualized intoxication" What purpose would such a thing serve anyway?


[edit on 26-1-2007 by Appak]



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Chemical addiction of either alcohol or drugs is very unmasonic.
If I knew a brother who was so afflicted I would whisper some wise counsel in his ear and see that he get some treatment. If he was unwilling I would, with heavy heart, see to it he was brought up on charges.



posted on Jan, 26 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Appak

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Actually, the Lodges were created well before the modern age by medieval English stonemasons. They were created as "merely vessels" for preserving their Craft, unionizing the artisans, and training apprentices. When the craft guild began to transform into a social club in the 17th century, it became a center for freethinkers, intellectuals, artists, philosophers, and mystics to get together and share exciting ideas about the new sciences and philosophies, without being hindered by the religious establishment.


Well ML, you sure know how to take the fun out of a thread.


...wonder if I could sell my Masonic hookah on ebay?


My Worshipful Master loves a bowl of mixed fruit or apple; I'll run it by him.



posted on Jan, 27 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
I am merely making the fact that at high levels it has been disclosed of ritualized intoxication - this type of "drug" use is properly considered more of a ritual sacrament after the 33rd initiation.



There is no "ritualized intoxication" or sacraments in any degree of Masonry. And if a Brother were to show up in the Lodge room intoxicated, he would be shown the door, and perhaps be brought up on charges for unmasonic conduct.

Many Masons, including myself, enjoy a cold one now and then. However, Temperance is one of the Cardinal Virtues of the Fraternity. Freemasonry echoes Buddhism in the sense that it considers a man who is intoxicated to not have the full facalties of reason, and has therefore, at least temporarily, lost a divine quality.



[edit on 27-1-2007 by Masonic Light]



posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I hate it when threads go downhill and people start implying others are retarded but the person in question here is not putting in any valuble points so Maybe he deserves ridicule of an itelligent kind.stay on topic folks for us ats users that love debates



posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Im not sure on ats policy on dilvulging names or specific lodges that do get high and dont want warnings or a ban.If permitted however I can give details of mason members and the lodges they attend that get as high as a giraffe path. Mods get in touch



posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nemo1111
Im not sure on ats policy on dilvulging names or specific lodges that do get high and dont want warnings or a ban.If permitted however I can give details of mason members and the lodges they attend that get as high as a giraffe path. Mods get in touch

I would endorse this request to the mods. If it is felt that posting individual names is not appropriate perhaps nemo1111 could u2u me the info and I'll find out what i can.



posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well trinityman i would never give out info especially to a person such as yourself who has mason imagery in his profile. The reasons are obvious and I wouldn't want you to try and warn others before i could gather evidence.Thanks for endorsing my request



posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I don't think any of us care at all if any particular masons are drug users, any more than we'd care if any particular person was a drug user.


We're talking about the use of drugs AS part of Masonic rituals, similar to how drugs are used in the initiation rites and ceremonies of tribal peoples.

To date, no one has been able to show that regular masonic organizations use drugs in the rituals. This is probably because regular masonry doesn't permit this.
Indeed, we haven't even seen evidence that irregular masonry uses drugs in rituals.



posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
I don't think any of us care at all if any particular masons are drug users, any more than we'd care if any particular person was a drug user.


We're talking about the use of drugs AS part of Masonic rituals, similar to how drugs are used in the initiation rites and ceremonies of tribal peoples.

To date, no one has been able to show that regular masonic organizations use drugs in the rituals. This is probably because regular masonry doesn't permit this.
Indeed, we haven't even seen evidence that irregular masonry uses drugs in rituals.


Nygdan- once again the voice of reason.



posted on Jan, 28 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nemo1111
Well trinityman i would never give out info especially to a person such as yourself who has mason imagery in his profile. The reasons are obvious and I wouldn't want you to try and warn others before i could gather evidence.Thanks for endorsing my request

As you wish.


Originally posted by Nygdan
We're talking about the use of drugs AS part of Masonic rituals, similar to how drugs are used in the initiation rites and ceremonies of tribal peoples.

Nemo1111 has said that lodges themselves are using drugs, rather than individual freemasons. This implies some form of collective, probably ritualistic intent. My offer to investigate has been declined, due it would appear to a perception that I will warn the lodge concerned that they are under "investigation", so the only way to corroborate this allegation is for the lodge names to be posted on ats.

If a poster makes a claim then he has to be given the opportunity to "put up or shut up".

However if this is against ATS policy then fair enough.




top topics



 
0
<< 1    3 >>

log in

join