It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will We Ever Find ET?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I was reading my local paper today and they interviewed a Cosmology Consultant from New Scientist Magazine. His answers were really interesting:

Will We Ever Find ET?

I hope so but one of my worries is that we wouldn't be able to see it. The reason we know a tree isn't man-made is because it's so complicated - but technology is becoming so complicated that it'll become indistinguishable from a natural thing. So, if there is a civilization years ahead of us, it could be that we wouldn't be able to recognise it.

So They Could Be Here Already?

We think they'd use radio dishes to communicate, so we look for radio waves. Their communication could be going through our office or living room in a form we don't recognise. I'm certain that there are extraterrestrials out there but it will be very difficult to spot them. The evidence could be out there, staring us in the face, and we wouldn't know.

To me that's a pretty staggering theory, that they could under our noses and we can't even recognise them!!. What do you think?

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hi...

start here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

some beleive they are here and that we can communicate with them.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Hi ElevateDone,

Yeah i have been following that and posed the questions to Sleeper and John, it might tie in with their thoughts.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I've also questioned whether we could find ET's by hunting for radio signals alone. Radio usage may have been a very brief part of most aliens' history - they might be using something much more exotic now. Some sort of quantum entanglement communication device comes to mind. It would be capable of instantaneous communication anywhere in the universe. Unless we have the technology, how could we detect that??

new topics

top topics

join