It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel gives abbas $100 million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
You can read about it here

Now if they would just give them their land back that was taken away in the 40's all would be square in my eyes. just my opinion

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Educate yourself............the land was not 'taken' away from them.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman2
Educate yourself............the land was not 'taken' away from them.

Right back at ya.....semantics!

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 12:04 PM
link   
really cuz i thought the jewish/iraelites had that land oringaly and then were drivin out by the syrans i think....i d k ill have to check my notes but in my history class we are learning about the area way back in the day like around the bc times haha

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
It was NEVER! "their" land to start with.

First it was Israel.

By the 30's-40's is was wholly owned and controlled by ENGLAND!!!!

England gave the land to the UN to recreate Israel.

The other land Israel has was won in wars with Syria, Jordan and Egypt.

The Palestinians are nothing more than squatters.
Try to picture you go on a world cruise for 12 months.
You come back home only to discover people have moved into your home and are claiming it as their own.
That would not last for more than a few seconds, so why should Israel have any different attitude about it???

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Your right..... I should have said share the land (holy land) and be @ peace. That is what needs to happen.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   
England never owned the land, it was under British control and they only had the right to give away public, not private land. Palestinians can trace ownership of land back many generations. Census statistics taken before England was in control of the land clearly show who owned the private land and for how long. England never had any legal right to give away private land. But this is well known and Israel propaganda regarding "ownership" is a well proven farce.

Just look at the "occupied territories." Israel admits it is Palestinian land, yet they continue to build Israeli settlements on land they have no legal right to. Israel made a deal with the US not to build on occupied territory anymore, then they promptly broke that promise.

Israel is now reaping what they have sown.

Further, Israel did not give any money away, they simply allowed them to access SOME of the money that the Palestinians rightfully owned. The money was Palestinian money which Israel had Frozen the accounts to.

[edit on 19-1-2007 by Terapin]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
And returning land that someone has an ancient claim to sets a very dangerous precedent - should Europe be given back to the Romans or the Gauls? Should Australian be returned to the Aboriginals? Should America be returned to the Native Americans?

It's ridiculous.

Modern claims are all that should count. If the area was occupied by England and they no longer wanted it it should have been returned to the people they had captured it from. Not some biblical descendants.

I also think that Israel should have been grateful for what they were allocatted and not tried to claim more land from their neighbours. The very least they could do is to FULLY withdraw to the land that was originally given to them.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
[quote The very least they could do is to FULLY withdraw to the land that was originally given to them.

You are aware that this is Israel we are talking about right? Didn't you know that they are special and above all other countries?

"Israel may have the right to put others on trial, but certainly no one has the right to put the Jewish people and the State of Israel on trial."

-- Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, 25 March, 2001 quoted in BBC News Online

or

"Everybody has to move, run and grab as many (Palestinian) hilltops as they can to enlarge the (Jewish) settlements because everything we take now will stay ours...Everything we don't grab will go to them."
-- Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of the Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, Nov. 15, 1998.

or

"It is the duty of Israeli leaders to explain to public opinion, clearly and courageously, a certain number of facts that are forgotten with time. The first of these is that there is no Zionism, colonialization, or Jewish State without the eviction of the Arabs and the expropriation of their lands."

-- Ariel Sharon, Israeli Foreign Minister, addressing a meeting of militants from the extreme right-wing Tsomet Party, Agence France Presse, November 15, 1998

Whoooohoooo Zionism! Yeah now thats what I'm talking about!!!!!This man is dangerous and only cares about Israel, not humanity. Yeah lets create more division in the world!! Way to go Israel!!! Now we are on our way to peace!!!!!

[edit on 20-1-2007 by kleverone]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Israel is also a country that made torture of political prisoners legal, that uses assassination as a common political tool, that had their soldiers break the arms of children who threw stones at them as a matter of policy. All of this is verifiable, Yet they claim they are higher people and the chosen children of God.

Yes, God sais torture, murder and mutilating children is cool.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
May I ask, who is caring with Israel? The Israelis. But I don't for sure. It's not my country and if it's vanishing, it's vanishing. But it's boring to hear about a small country day by day, where everyone believes they have the right to make anything and they're superiors.

Right now, they believes money is going to solve anything. Surely not. If the Palestinians have something in their mind, and they surely have, they will use up Israel's own weapons against them.

Before someone is going to say, that the Palestinians are stupid, I've seen videos, where some Israelis acted like real lab monkeys outside a cage (Only the banana is missed from their mouth), harassed the Palestinians. Superior race, huh? Surely not. Speaking lab monkeys.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Y'all are missing the point of exactly who the money is being given to. It's to Ammas. If you didn't know, there is a minor civil war going on in Palestine at the moment, with Ammas attempting to overthrow Hamas. This money is being sent from a US Backed Israeli government to a leader whom they can easily control in Palestine.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Now the official story:

A financial report has been issued by the International Monetary Fund, highlighting the economic effects of the sanctions imposed on the Palestinian government for the better part of a year. The Israeli government is currently holding at least $600 million in tax revenues that rightfully belong to the Palestinian government.

ATS

It's not some sort of Israel act of charity if you was under that impression.

top topics

join