It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hampshire man, Ed Brown, refuses to pay federal taxes - willing to fight for it.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Considering Ed Brown has already been found guilty by jury on multiple felony tax evasion charges, he is a fugitive of justice. He won't win by armed resistance either...stalemate at best.

Couple convicted in tax case Concord Monitor

The jury found the Browns guilty of evading the nearly $2 million that Elaine Brown earned as a dentist since 1996. According to the prosecution, the couple funneled the money into trusts, misled tax officials by filing fraudulent returns and ultimately stopped filing tax returns altogether.

The Browns were also found guilty of a crime called structuring financial transactions. The Browns paid their mortgages with a series of postal money orders, which they purchased at prices just below the threshold that would have required reporting to the federal government. The jury found that the Browns bought more than $215,000 in money orders as part of the conspiracy, and that some of that money was used to repay banks for principal on their Plainview home and Lebanon dental office.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 20-1-2007 by Regenmacher]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
The IRS is the biggest bully in the world. They take money from you your whole life, then when you die, then when you leave it to someone else. You make a tiny little mistake and with "fines" the next thing you know you owe $75K. These guys word things so weird, and do what ever they want to you or anybody they feel like.

***I feel sorry for this guy I support him in every way. But being a realist know in the end if they have to kill him they will. They will burn his house to the ground and sell the ashes if they felt like it. They are the real mobsters of this world with government aproval. Politicians don't like it either but were else are they going to get 72.3 billion to buy a spoon for Area 51's new dining room.

I wish this guy all the best but unless a really, really, really, good and expensive lawyer helpes him he is royally screwed.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Might not be a law that makes u pay tax's but come on people, you have to or we wouldnt have police or firefighters we wouldnt have roads and other services, we all gotta pay tax's, this dude just wants to be on the next "World's Wildest Police Shootout's" on CourtTV.. And i have a feeling he will be dead within weeks

[edit on 20-1-2007 by VoXiSo]

[edit on 20-1-2007 by VoXiSo]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Considering Ed Brown has already been found guilty by jury on multiple felony tax evasion charges, he is a fugitive of justice. He won't win by armed resistance either...stalemate at best.

[edit on 20-1-2007 by Regenmacher]

Theres nothing in that article that says they were guilty of not paying but rather misleading officials, filing fraudulent accounts which are of course a crime.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:40 AM
link   
I htink Mr Brown deserves the WINSTON CHURCHILL GOLDEN BALLS AWARD for this gallant display of ".....I've had enough and I'm not going to take it anymore...."

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Why would they need to attack him? Just drain his bank account dry and force him into bankrupcy. If he ever tries to get a job again, they'll garnish his wages.

I don't know what everyone is going on about that there is no actual tax law. Here in Canada there is an Income Tax Act, and part of it allows the government to impliment any tax it deems fit or necessary. So I can't see how the US would not have a law for it.

You pay taxes to make your country run. Get over it. You'll continue to have it until your country gets completely out of debt. Which, by the looks of it, will be never. If you don't like that, quit your job and go live in a cave somewhere. What's better, paying taxes or living like an animal?

And if there is no law, they can always just make one.

[edit on 20-1-2007 by Yarcofin]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Originally posted by BennyHill
Mr. Ed Brown deserves a round of applause for taking a stand. The income tax is simply being used as a tool to suppress the masses and fund projects to suppress them even further.

What exactly are your taxes used for?

For defence to preserve your right to complain about having to pay taxes
For medicare and other social programs
The roads you are going to use to get tot he guys house to support him etc etc etc etc.

Without a government in place we have nothing but anarchy at the worst or small pockets of people clinging together at best. Without income in the forms of taxes, all that goes away its really that simple.

This guy is like the people who refuse immunizations for thier children. Dependant on us to pay for the freedoms he enjoys :shk:

Tens of Billions also go to Israel each year, and a few Hundred Billion have been used in the unjust war on Iraq! Is That worth paying for??

I don't see any of that money helping the lower class or poor. I did a paper on the subject and I know if there were people in control who didn't have self-interest, more noticable change could be accomplished in America if only the top 30% were taxed, including the elimination of the gap between the rich and poor

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by El Che
ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I support this guy 100% he is going to make history! Well if it work out ok.)

If they don't shut him up

Originally posted by apc
Can we wait until after I pay some things off to start a revolution? Pleeeeaaase? It's really not a good time for me right now. Seriously, you guys...

It'll all be seized or destroyed if you decided to join, so its either join or don't

Originally posted by BlackOps719
I just saw the news report on tv about this. The feds are trying to send him and his wife to prison for a long time. They are planning to convict him in abesntia and begin seizing his property. I think in these trying times the fed's are making a big mistake as there are a lot of people in this country who are fed up with the way our government is being run. I hope this whole thing blows up in their faces and this revolt catches on. This could end up being the modern day version of the Boston Tea Party. If they break in and kill this man and his family like they did at Ruby Ridge we could have a full scale revolt on our hands. This guy doesn't sound like he is intending to go down without a fight.

If they do, or even before, I will be jumping into the fray, believe you me.

Originally posted by jbondo
"We the people" are being gutted and if things get out of hand they will steam roll an amendment thru to keep their money rolling in.

If I really felt they were doing right by us I would have no problem paying taxes but they just rape us of hard earned money every day and waste it. Of course that's not even enough so they take a cut of our lotto winnings and our inheritance, etc...Anything they can get their greed hands on! Can anyone tell me how in the hell the gov deserves a cut of your deceased fathers hard earned savings that he leaves to you? Or did they go down to the drug store and slap down half a buck and help you pick your lotto numbers? Give me a friggin break!!

I had heard about one senator that was upset because he couldn't afford 2 houses (mansions) with full servant staff! While the average American can’t even afford to buy a shack or pay rent and eat at the same time! How do they solve that? Oh! Raise the minimum wage! Of course it’s not coming out of their income; it’s screwing the small businessman! So they either go out of business, lay off people to afford the increase or make cuts to an already tight belt! So why be in business!? Oh but that $2 band aid put the finger in the dike long enough to shift attention elsewhere! We pad these gov officials’ pockets and they live the high life.

I think they should revert to the system whereby luxury goods and services are taxed at a higher rate and then have no federal tax. Then it would be a choice to lay out the money and maybe then the rich would have to pay out a little.

I know I sound a bit like a red neck yokel and I should have taken the time to research and articulate my position better but this boils my blood!

I'm not quite sure luxury goods and service tax would quite compensate the amount all income does, but you are onto something, most of it does line their greedy little paws anyway.

Originally posted by MCory1

Originally posted by apc
Can we wait until after I pay some things off to start a revolution? Pleeeeaaase? It's really not a good time for me right now. Seriously, you guys...

Hey, that's the best time to have a revolution, IMO. Just make sure you're on the opposite "side" from those you owe money to. (Or the same side, depending on how exactly you want to handle it...)

Right, which is why i'll join it at this time.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Article 1 of the United States Constitution grants the U.S. government the power to establish and collect taxes. Congress delegated to the IRS the responsibility of administering and enforcing the Internal Revenue Code.

Why pay taxes?

Section 8. The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States

US Constitution

'Nuff said. Someone show that to this guy and this can all be over.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
The IRS is the biggest bully in the world. They take money from you your whole life, then when you die, then when you leave it to someone else. You make a tiny little mistake and with "fines" the next thing you know you owe $75K. These guys word things so weird, and do what ever they want to you or anybody they feel like.

***I feel sorry for this guy I support him in every way. But being a realist know in the end if they have to kill him they will. They will burn his house to the ground and sell the ashes if they felt like it. They are the real mobsters of this world with government aproval. Politicians don't like it either but were else are they going to get 72.3 billion to buy a spoon for Area 51's new dining room.

I wish this guy all the best but unless a really, really, really, good and expensive lawyer helpes him he is royally screwed.

I hate to say it but I do have a strong feeling you're right. He is a goner, though if I could i'd back him up

Originally posted by Flighty
I htink Mr Brown deserves the WINSTON CHURCHILL GOLDEN BALLS AWARD for this gallant display of ".....I've had enough and I'm not going to take it anymore...."

indeed he does

Originally posted by Yarcofin
Why would they need to attack him? Just drain his bank account dry and force him into bankrupcy. If he ever tries to get a job again, they'll garnish his wages.

I don't know what everyone is going on about that there is no actual tax law. Here in Canada there is an Income Tax Act, and part of it allows the government to impliment any tax it deems fit or necessary. So I can't see how the US would not have a law for it.

You pay taxes to make your country run. Get over it. You'll continue to have it until your country gets completely out of debt. Which, by the looks of it, will be never. If you don't like that, quit your job and go live in a cave somewhere. What's better, paying taxes or living like an animal?

And if there is no law, they can always just make one.

Problem is, thats in CANADA!!! You should not be able to go around making whatever law you want here out of greed. I'd have pegged you for being from the deep south here, from what you're saying, or a neocon

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin

Article 1 of the United States Constitution grants the U.S. government the power to establish and collect taxes. Congress delegated to the IRS the responsibility of administering and enforcing the Internal Revenue Code.

Why pay taxes?

Section 8. The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States

US Constitution

'Nuff said. Someone show that to this guy and this can all be over.

If you do your research you would find out that the federal reserve is a private bank which holds no allegience to the american people and the IRS is it's lapdog which enforces an illegal tax upon the american people.

Congress has no oversight of the federal reserve.

NONE

For those of you who are hatin' on ed, watch this movie.

America Freedom to Fascism.

video.google.com...

Every presidential election since 1932 has been bought and paid for by these private bankers, they are the ones who murdered Kennedy, because he was going to expose them, they are the ones who planned and executed 9/11.

Democracy is dead, it has been for awhile now.

Reference:

Illuminati and Owners of the Federal Reserve ??
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Int'l bankers attempting to destroy America - NWO - 9/11 - Federal Reserve - Smoking gun

The other side of the illuminati

What taxes you pay to the IRS just goes to pay the interest on the money that the federal reserve loaned out. The money that the federal reserve loans is not backed by anything, the dollar is just a damn piece of paper.

The United States will not fall, as they want you to believe, if congress abolishes the federal reserve and nullifies the national debt. It is a separate entity with no connection to the citizens of the United States of America. The US has had previous national banks which have failed and the country went on.

[edit on 20-1-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
this guy is crazy

if you oppose the income tax, pay it and then organize and protest against it

why would you pay income tax if you oppose it!!!!! That is hypocritical, weak and feeble, why should the americans give their hard-earned money to the NWO banksters. If you oppose income tax you should refuse to pay it and organize protests against it. If you keep paying it they will only laugh at your protests.

This guy protesting now has the guts to take them on and he is standing by his principles. He is a real man, those who oppose income tax and yet keep paying it are the ones who are crazy.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I am very disturbed.

Has everyone got their eyes set so closely on the goal that they have missed the obvious. Remove the blinders!!!! This is not the situation that we need to be supporting. This guy is a crook, and is going to ruin everything that we have been working toward.

Facts of the case

The jury found the Browns guilty of evading the nearly $2 million that Elaine Brown earned as a dentist since 1996. According to the prosecution, the couple funneled the money into trusts, misled tax officials by filing fraudulent returns and ultimately stopped filing tax returns altogether.

The Browns were also found guilty of a crime called structuring financial transactions. The Browns paid their mortgages with a series of postal money orders, which they purchased at prices just below the threshold that would have required reporting to the federal government. The jury found that the Browns bought more than $215,000 in money orders as part of the conspiracy, and that some of that money was used to repay banks for principal on their Plainview home and Lebanon dental office.
source

The government is going to exploit this to be in their favor... which is going to strike down all the work that the We the People Foundation and Aaron Russo, and countless other Americans have worked for.

Ed Brown is refusing to pay any and all taxes. That is wrong. Yes, under our Constitution we have to pay taxes. And these are legit. The Federal Income tax is not what Ed Brown is going after. Ed's hitting the Government for "all" taxation and claiming it under the fact that the Federal Income Tax is BS... which it is.

Congress has levied taxes under the Constitution that pays for roads (needed), schools (needed), direct taxes (if you don't want to pay, don't use the service), and others...

Yes, the 16th Amendment is a bunch of bull, and I will support that one in a second, but you've got to look into what's really going on. Don't put this guy on a pedestal then at the last minute the Government will release the pertinent information that would have shown you Brown was wrong. Fight the Federal Income Tax... but don't fight the legit taxes.

I wrote to my congressman and "demanded" proof of the law that states we "have to pay" the Federal Income Tax, and I got a 15 page piece of toilet paper.

Please heed the entire story before it ruins all the chances we've got.

Let this guy go down on his own. Don't let him take all of us, and all that we are working for down with him.

Think it over, people.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I think the sacrifices that the American citizens have made paying Federal Income taxes has made our country what it is today.

We have the Interstate Highways, the FDA, NASA, Social Security, hell, I can't even think of all the things that we have that other countries don't (the most powerful military), the only reason we have all this and why a lot of people from other countries want to live or move to the US is because of the price we pay for our country to be one of the best places to live.

I have no problem paying taxes for what we have. If we paid less taxes we would probably be a second world country.

I wonder what the taxes are in Mexico. You get what you pay for.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
My sister lives in the same town.

Pretty close to the guy too.

Just a little fact.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I applaud you Mr. Brown and wish you much success in your attempt to demonstrate how the federal mafia extorts trillions from the masses - Illegally! The Federal income tax must be abolished completely and totally! This illegal abomination and complete fraud should not be permitted to continue. The only reason that it does is that all of the politicians that SHOULD be keeping their oaths of office and PROTECTING the rights of the citizens that elected them realize that this would mean the end of the gravy train. No more $165,000 per year paychecks for 2-day workweeks. No more pet projects or pork barrel spending - how would they "buy" political support and donations for re-election campaigns? No more bloated bureacracy to find ways to run or ruin our lives for us.

Politicans are COWARDS bought and paid for by corporations! The federal government is an organized crime syndicate extorting money, blackmailing citizens with threats of imprisonment (or worse), running drugs and dealing arms. I sincerely hope that Mr. Brown's efforts remain on the front page of the news. Americans are becoming increasinly fed up with this BS and the day of reckoning will soon be at hand. A revolution is in the offing and you can rest assured that I am on the side of freedom, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Oh, and as provided by the Constitution, I am well-armed and prepared to defend my country against "All enemies foreign AND DOMESTIC!"

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
kozmo check out my post

I feel the issue here is not that income tax is legal or illegal.

The issue, in my opinion, is taxation without representation
which is exactly what the American Revolution was based
on and started because of.

History repeats itself..... we are at that point in history again.

Our elected officials, i refuse to call them leaders, run over
the American people every day and these 2 years coming,
2007 and 2008 will be the most important years ever in
American history.
Anyone who has read my post linked above wll understand
why i do not call these elected officials "leaders".

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Nice thread, however, I think you're being a bit idealistic. We've tried the "nice guy" approach and attempted to use our laws, our rights and our principles of freedom to rein these people (politicians) in, but that has failed miserably. Why? Because these are the poeple who make, interpret and enforce said laws. When one fails to suit their agenda or their needs they either repeal it completely or ammend it somehow. If that fails, then they circumvent the law completely through loopholes or otherwise.

I'm sorry my friend, but I fear that the day of gentlemanly taking back government has long since passed. Those in power are not likely to go quietly into that goodnight. As a result, they shall go painfully and violently onto the scrapheap of history along with the Romans and the Nazis. The day of reckoning will soon be at hand!

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Actually he wasnt refusing to pay all taxes, he was refusing to pay the income tax specifically.

He paid all of his State taxes and even some of his federal taxes.

It is true that the Federal Reserve is a sham. And it is not our income taxes that pay for the police and fire department. It is our state property taxes that pay for schools, police, fire department, etc. So I think some people in this thread are maybe a little uninformed.

The federal reserve is a private bank that prints money and loans it to the United States. Then they collect interest on the money they loaned us until we pay it back. And any control Congress is supposed to have over the Federal Reserve is not transparant, so noone knows exactly what it is.

Maybe Ed Brown didnt pick the best reason to take a stand. But combined with everything else the federal government does wrong, I think he is more then justified. We have federal government's expansion of power, increasing arms control, attacks on privacy, suspending parts of the bill of rights altogether, attacks on the freedom of speech, attacks on the freedom of press, a money system that is a sham, overspending and debt, police state fascism tactics.

It would be something beautiful if tens of thousands went to stand by Ed. If not for the reason of the idea of an illegetimate excessive tax, then for the reasons of an overall corrupt federal government.

[edit on 20-1-2007 by ImplementOfWar]

[edit on 20-1-2007 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

I once heard about some people who, against great odds, decided to defy the powers that be and stood their ground against an oppressive government, and they also hid in the woods with guns (what nutjobs!), they were simple farmers and working men with limited resources who were greatly outnumbered, and they probably had the majority of the people around them saying the same things that you are.

Ever heard of the American Revolution?

Gross over generalization here. The resistance was far more organized than what you described, not just farmers and working men...and the revolution was significantly more complex than just revolting against taxes.

Don't twist history to make it seem to back up what this guy is doing.

-Steve

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join