It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Front de libération du Québec Issues New Threats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   
35 years later, the Front de libération du Québec appears to be back in business.

The letter, dated Jan. 15, says "strategic targets of importance" will be targeted in the western, largely English-speaking part of Montreal between Feb. 15 and March 15.

It mentions crowded shopping malls, bridges, rail lines, airport facilities, water supplies, municipal buildings and service stations.

"We will especially target traffic on main highways," says the letter.

The letter says the plan of attack is designed "for maximum impact" and warns "it's possible there will be injuries and deaths."

The letter adds that "a combination of vehicles, letter bombs, remote-control explosive devices will be used and most of these devices are already in place."

Letters threaten FLQ attacks in Montreal

I find this troubling, to say the least. If this isn't some kind of sick hoax, Montreal could be in for a rough ride. The FLQ has proven in the past that they are not above killing, bombing and kidnapping to get what they want.

Several of the original FLQ members are now out of jail and living in Quebec. I wonder if they are involved? Are the goals still the same? Are they still planning on turning Quebec into a Francophone-Cuban paradise? Why did we allow the members who were exiled to Cuba back into Canada?

I apologize for the disjointed thoughts, but I thought the FLQ was disbanded and was very surprised to see this article. I'm not sure what to think.

Links for those unfamiliar with Canadian history:
The FLQ Manifesto
Front de libération du Québec
The October Crisis

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I heard about this on the news this morning.

For a hoax, it doesn't seem to fit.

Why would anyone today pick something so obscure as the FLQ to project fear into getting what they want?

With the global fight on terrorism, IMO any other number of current fears would better suit the changes they are after.

I think with all the threats via terrorism on the market place, this is one of the lamest reasons I heard.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Maybe a hoax by Canadian federal agents to stop us to get away from Canada and the North American Union? A way to impose martial law in Quebec like they did in the 70s?

At least, if they go after someone, they should go after the real traitors... like Paul Martin, Harper, Dion and a few of the Bilderberg group.

I say it's a psy-ops and made by the government. It's bizarre that all this crap appears just before the election...

[edit on 19-1-2007 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Would the War Measures Act be needed this time?

After all, we did get some fancy new laws after 9/11.

new topics

top topics

join