It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do the Dems have any chance in hell of winning in 04 now that saddam is captured?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:37 PM
link   
This will hurt the DemonCracks. But not in the way you all think. Howard Dean is so far left, he's lost touch with reality. I caught Joe Liebermann on "Meet the Press" this morning after SandMan Hussiens capture. And he impressed me. As for a political party, I'm not a republican...(although, in the 2000 election they appealed to me more)...nor am I a Democrat. I'm someone who thinks for themself, and wishes for more than 2 candidates. But if Liebermann stood a chance, he'd probably get my vote. The fact that we have to vote for the lesser of "2" evils in this country, sucks!!! Give a choice of 5-10 people who all have different views, than choosing the lesser of 2 evils.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by CSRules
This will hurt the DemonCracks. But not in the way you all think. Howard Dean is so far left, he's lost touch with reality. I caught Joe Liebermann on "Meet the Press" this morning after SandMan Hussiens capture. And he impressed me. As for a political party, I'm not a republican...(although, in the 2000 election they appealed to me more)...nor am I a Democrat. I'm someone who thinks for themself, and wishes for more than 2 candidates. But if Liebermann stood a chance, he'd probably get my vote. The fact that we have to vote for the lesser of "2" evils in this country, sucks!!! Give a choice of 5-10 people who all have different views, than choosing the lesser of 2 evils.

I will agree with you. I actually was in the Perot camp when he did his presentation with the graph charts concerning NAFTA ...I thought, here is a regular man speaking the clear truth to folks!!

The sad reality is this. Since Nixon and Kennedy debated on television, all politicians now are forced to buy time to advertise on TV. In otherwords, millions of dollars are needed to even get the message to the voters.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
I will agree with you. I actually was in the Perot camp when he did his presentation with the graph charts concerning NAFTA ...I thought, here is a regular man speaking the clear truth to folks!!

The sad reality is this. Since Nixon and Kennedy debated on television, all politicians now are forced to buy time to advertise on TV. In otherwords, millions of dollars are needed to even get the message to the voters.

I agree...just wish more than 2 voices could be heard.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
Nice avatar Gazrok!

It's said elsewhere by me, often enough, so here again for perspective.

Dems vs Repubs has nothing to do with any 2004 election. Candidate quality is immaterial.

The Bush admin (Bush specifically, and therefore the admin) will be gone before the scheduled date for the Election. What happens with the presidency then may test new ground.

so your saying that shrub is going to get wacked?

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:58 PM
link   

MA. Still holding forth in your campaign to unseat Bush with some fantastic prosecution???

This is all the Dems ( expatriate and otherwise) have. Promises of doom and gloom and " ....bush will go to jail"

Even your hated Blair will get traction from this development, much to your chagrin I realize.

Hey Big T!

Minor corrections:

1. It doesn't need a campaign. He may unseat himself or be unseated without much of a "campaign" to prosecute.

2. I think you know I'm not a "Dem". I accept that you didn't imply that I was.

3. I don't hate Tony Blair. He's 50 times the leader that George W Bush could be, and has been misguided tragically on this issue of invasion and occupation in support of the Bush admin.

I also think it is good to bring closure to the uncertainty of what has gone down for Saddam Hussein, by having him in captivity. But in the end it doesn't matter.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   
lol Prank your Avatar is great..I love those kinda things..those 'OWNED' pictures..hah..those are great..

Anyways, I really don't know. I mean, yeah, it is a blow for the Dem's, and it gives Bush a better chance. It definately will help the Republicans though..for real..

-wD

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysteriousbob
the dems don't have a platform to stand on at all. The economy is getting better, unemployment is going down, the war on terrorism is going great. Its all going to roses for bush and the dems are furious and frustrated! Its so #ing cool

This person is obviously overdosing on Oxycotin. The economy still sucks. So, the stock market hit the 10,000 mark. How many times did that happen under Clinton? Unemployment STILL sucks. Unemployment going down form 6% to 5.9% isn't much of a change. Clinton had it down to near non-existent. The war on terrorism is going great? So, he caught Saddam. So what! He wasn't a terrorist! He was a dictator!

World citizens, this is how the average American gets duped daily. Its so sad to see.:shk:

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   

This person is obviously overdosing on Oxycotin. The economy still sucks. So, the stock market hit the 10,000 mark. How many times did that happen under Clinton? Unemployment STILL sucks. Unemployment going down form 6% to 5.9% isn't much of a change. Clinton had it down to near non-existent. The war on terrorism is going great? So, he caught Saddam. So what! He wasn't a terrorist! He was a dictator!

World citizens, this is how the average American gets duped daily. Its so sad to see.

HeHe....unemployment still sucks. What a statement.

The war on Terror will exist forever my friend. We will continue fighting it as it stands. Do you understand this?

SH was a symbol to millions. He is now in jail ... the same jail you would have Bush in I am sure if you had your delusions realized...

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   

HeHe....unemployment still sucks. What a statement.

Because its true?

The war on Terror will exist forever my friend. We will continue fighting it as it stands. Do you understand this?

Terrorism has been around forever. So, its not for Bush to act as tho he is some new and original champion against it. He just does it for photo-ops.

SH was a symbol to millions. He is now in jail ... the same jail you would have Bush in I am sure if you had your delusions realized...

Of course, all criminals should go to jail...like Rush Limbaugh

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
When faced with incontravertible evidence, confabulate and divert.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Mumble mumble mumble mumble. Always explain "tactics" when you cannot deny truth. You guys do that a lot.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I think that with this and other things...

Bush will win for sure...

i also have feeling that Bin will be cought before November 2004...

US is all about politics...

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Mumble mumble mumble mumble. Always explain "tactics" when you cannot deny truth. You guys do that a lot.

Sir, I think you mumble best.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Maybe Colonel and his proponents can "mumble" this:

Or this:

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Don't worry folks, Bush will be re-elected as I have said for sometime now.

They still have some tricks to pull out of the bag yet too!

Look for em.'

-How about some allies returned to the fold?
-some kind of deal in North Korea with Lil Kim?
-some kind of deal with the UN?
-some promised serious reforms in the US?
-an Isreal and Palestine deal?
-serious allegations about certain high level democrats?
-some very influential and closet Rep supporters?

It's Christmas, it's christmas!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Neo. I need more silliness. Can you help me???

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 03:42 AM
link   
The war on terrorism will last forever because it is a retarded assumption. It is like having a war against buffoonery. There will be no time when we can say we got them all. It cannot happen....you piss off people daily. It's like the war on drugs. YOU CANNOT STAMP IT ALL OUT.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Did the dems really have a chance before Saddams capture though? No.

I think the question is becoming how big Bush will win.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I know that the president does not affect the economy as much as people think.

But, on the other hand, Bush sucks.

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey
i can at least give credit to the RNC for using all gains and positives our country has insteads of its negatives. at least they see the brighter side of things. i'll give them that much.

Originally posted by JediMaster
No that Bush's administration is even closer to finishing their job in Iraq the Dems have no chance. The Iraqi people will support the US troops now that their fear is captured. Hell it even regained my faith in Bush. The Dems have no big push that they need to win it. Its going to be four more years of Bush

What exactly was the criteria applied to the selection of some of our most recent MODS?
Granted, their forum responsibilities are of a different hue, but the above statements, as does the threads entire merit, hold no relevancy and even less due diligent thought.
At what point did the 2004 race hinge upon the capture of Saddam or OBL? Did the lack of justification that precipitated this military adventurism in support of corporate imperialism suddenly become null & void because of Saddams capture? Amazing.
How is that you people function with such a limited amount of opinions to draw from? There is no universal acceptance & cheering for team Bush outside of the usual suspect media sources, so how do you come to these conclusions?

Saddam:
Saddam was a Mafia man, a thug and assassin who was from the "neighborhood". He's the villain in that very bad Steven Sagal movie " Out for Justice" - where the bad guy goes on a spree in Brooklyn, not leaving his Boro of birth.
That he was caught in that neighborhood, the only one that did not hate him & would not have killed him on sight, is something to reflect upon. The attacks on the occupying forces are from across the board - not from Tikirit. Expect the attacks to continue & likely intensify.

Economy:
From Prof.Herbert:
If you just went by recent headlines, you'd have the impression that the U.S. economy is as bright as the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center. The G.D.P. is surging. The stock market, retail sales and corporate profits are up. So is productivity.
The front-page headline in The Daily News on Thursday said, "Santa Comes Early to Wall Street." It was accompanied by a photo of Philip Purcell, the chairman and C.E.O. of Morgan Stanley, who was described by The News as "the first titan to cash in at the end of a banner year."
The article cited several executives who were expected to receive year-end bonuses in the $12 million to $17 million range.
The Bush crowd will tell you that these economic goodies are bound to trickle down. Jobs will become plentiful. Pay envelopes will fatten. Nirvana is just around the corner.
The problem with this scenario is that there are no facts to back it up. The closer you look at employment in this country, the more convinced you become that the condition of the ordinary worker is deteriorating, not improving.
The problem is that we are not creating many jobs, and the quality of those we are creating is, for the most part, not good. Job growth at the moment is about 80,000 per month, which is not even enough to cover the new workers entering the job market.
And when the Economic Policy Institute compared the average wage of industries that are creating jobs with those that are losing jobs, analysts found a big discrepancy. The jobs lost paid about $17 an hour, compared with $14.50 an hour for those being created.
The Bush administration and its corporate allies give the impression that they would welcome a big surge in employment that would raise the wages and quality of life for all working Americans and their families. But their policies tell an entirely different story. A fierce and bitter war � not bloody like the war in Iraq, but a war just the same � is being waged against American workers. And so far, at least, the Bush administration has been on the wrong side.
The war is being fought on several fronts. For example, after years of shipping manufacturing jobs out of the U.S. to absurdly low-wage venues, we are now also exporting increasing numbers of technical and professional jobs.
Another example: Despite the loss of more than two million jobs over the past three years, and the fact that nearly nine million Americans are officially unemployed, the Bush administration has refused to support a Christmastime extension of crucial unemployment benefits.
Worse, the administration is trying to implement a regulation that would deny overtime protection for more than eight million men and women.

Those are the facts of life people:
- We're in a era where our choices to bring War are waffled from WMD to morality, but all the time in support of Corporate Imperialism's Manifest Destiny at the true root.
- A unrelenting class war has found it's Cesar in Bush = Jobs are no where to be seen, the ones that do open are at much reduced wages, my industry ( outsourcing ) is sucking up all the good jobs with an alarming percentage of professional level slots going overseas, OT pay is in danger of being abolished and Unions have been declared open season on. That's the reality for workers. The corporations would like to hire as few people as possible, keep wages as low as possible, provide as few benefits as possible and work the workers as long and as hard as possible.
But please, continue to believe that someone getting a $12M bonus will benefit you and vote for Bush - most others will se the above for what it is, and bring the country back from the brink.
As another interesting twist: former Sec. of State James Baker, whose law firm, Baker Botts, has Saudi Arabia as a client ( Chief counsel for Florida Theft 2000 too!). Bush has appointed Baker as his envoy, to restructure Iraq's debts owed to other nations, and Saudi Arabia says Iraq owes it $43 billion. Conflict of interest? Naaaah!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join