Mars tunnels?

page: 1

join

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I would like to hear your opinions on this. I believe nasa said it was sandhills, while others believe it is glass tunnels. I can see the resemblence to tunnels, but sandhills? I dont think so. And what is that spherelike thingy

Have just linked one picture, but there are several of this tunnel like structures in the area where this photo is taken.
I will see if I can find some site with the official explanation on this.
So what do you think?

Sorry if this has been posted on before.
site
small picture
large picture

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:48 AM
link   
weird,

it looks like tunnels or something that a giant worm can make

[Edited on 16-12-2003 by jasperaldo]

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Really intruiging, isn't it?

I actually tend to move towards the phantastic here.
Most people do not consider the possibility of Large Wormlike creatures being the source of those tunnels, but I do think that it could be, they have been made by such beings.

Just because it was in the TV doesn't make the chance such creatures do exist go away, does it?

Beings on Mars would have had to develope completly different from us to survive on it and why not going underground?

They might also be remains of what once used to be a civilisation.

We will only know when/if we go there and take a look ourself.

I do hope that moment is soon.. I am excited about the secrets that may lie hidden under the surface of the red planet.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Some people believe that cataclysm hit mars surface eons ago and that civilization that existed then moved underground. If true it may explain what we are seeing or it may just be the result of an overactive mind.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I am a follower of that "story" as well.
I do think the Mars was once a place with an atmosphare and a thriving civilisation.

For what happened I have actually three possible scenarios laid out.

1. The mars civilisation got wiped out. Entirely..
2. WE are what used to be the Mars Civilisation, but we lost most of our knowledge and technology..
3. They are still there, but moved underground (as you said)

new topics

join