It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DEA Raids Medical Marijuana Clinics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

LOS ANGELES - Federal drug agents raided nearly a dozen medical marijuana clinics, seizing several thousand pounds of processed marijuana, along with weapons and money, authorities said.

California voters approved Proposition 215, the Compassionate Use Act, in 1996. It made marijuana available by prescription for medicinal uses.

The DEA, which does not recognize California laws legalizing medical marijuana use, has recently increased its enforcement.

West Hollywood spokeswoman Helen Goss said the city has a "long-standing commitment" to the use of medical marijuana for people suffering from illnesses like HIV and AIDS.

"Today's enforcement operations show that these establishments are nothing more than drug-trafficking organizations bringing criminal activities to our neighborhoods and drugs near our children and schools," said Ralph W. Partridge, head of the DEA in Los Angeles.

In my opinion, this shows that the government will go to any lengths to keep people from using marijuana.

In other threads and articles, I've read that supposedly, marijuana is a drug that prevents people from being mind-controlled, which provides the government with a very good reason for keeping it away from us.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   
You'll have tp forgive me on this issue - why would medical marijuana clinics have firearms in their possession?

As far as I know - whenever drugs and weapons are involved the DEA will step in.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I suppose If you have thousands of dollars worth of material that could easily be robbed of you, you might keep a gun handy, similarly to a convenience store clerk. This story is probably sensationalizing the firearm that is probably used as a deterant, or self defense, and BTW the pot is sold at private clubs not hospitals, or Walgreens.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Though I would ask, why aren't the hospitals and Walgreen's packing heat?

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join