It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does NASA really suck this bad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The two shuttle flights that blew up, and the accidents during are rocket years can be filed under sh** happens. Anytime you do anything new or exploritory bad things can and will happen.

But what is the deal with all the probes we send to other planets like Mars crashing and blowing up. I swear to god every time i turn around i'm hearing about another Mars probe type machine crashing and burning. Are they really this stupid? First there was the inches = meters mixup. The explainations are getting weirder. I just saw a comercial (That look pretty cool by the way) for the Transformers movie (7/4/07) it starts off with a probe landing on Mars then being stepped on by a giant robot, and the US government telling the people that it "crashed". That was the end of the commercial. So it got me thinking. Whats going on. By this year we were suppost to have a vacation home on venus.

There are a few options on this
1. NASA is totally inept and should just give up and continue making money putting up satellites up in space only
2. NASA is really special, so special it won't tell anyone what it found out in space for fear of us all going insane.
3. The stuff is being destroyed as a we might do should someone from another planet shot a probe to earth
4. MIB
5. Another country like Japan, France, China, Russia, Middle East, ect. doing sneaking over here and doing before we take off or somehow in space.

Let me know what you think I am really interested in a lot of opinions.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
they just have to be so precise that its almost impossible to get EVERYTHING right.

even the mission where Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin first stepped on the moon had problems. (a hydrogen tank, i believe, had a leak?)

i think we end the whole Space Program for 50 years, too many tax dollars go into it,and by 2060 we should have the technology to be able to do it right and why do we wanne go to Mars? its the Saharan Desert x100million. probes have already shown that there is no life there.

its all pointless. a waste of good money that could be going into the healthcare and education funds

join