It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Told that only 9,000 troops available for the 'surge'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Haliburton is doing quite well as are several other contractors. 9,000 is all the remaining combat troops we have no matter how much wishing Bush does.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Look everybody,

Speaker of the the truth, you are the kindest, well mannered American I have the pleasure to have met on these boards,

I just hope any sucessor to bush is capable enough to repair the middle east by alternative means and to radically change US foreign policy.

this is what I have said, yes.

And do what? Wait for the next attack? You see, that is the conuundrum that the United States has gotten itself into. There is no where to retreat. Pulling out of Iraq is not going to cease the hatred that these people have for us. As a matter of fact, as one poster already stated, if we were to pull out and Iraq falls even further into disarray,it's likely to cause them to hate us even more.

The reaction the US military has got is becuase of its conduct in Iraq. please trust me because I have seen it, I almost shot a Navy SEAL because of his conduct but was told to restrain by my superior. PLEASE PLEASE trust me here.

The US military's complete ethos needs to change!

"Hooah" needs to dissapear. yes a child "MAY" have been paid to lay an explosive device in front of your patrol vehical. But if the average citizen didn't hate the US army then thaey would NOT see to it that their children should die.

Every Iraqi that I met said that they do not care whether thay die as long as thier children live in peace.

The American military somehow cannot understand that they are NOT at war with IRAQ they are at war with terrorism!

For all those American Patriots here on ATS imagine your family being killed because someone "thought" they could be "terrorists"

[edit on 20/1/07 by Jimmy1880]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:01 PM
link   
are these posts tracked by people if not I will open a thred somewhere on what I did in operationTelic 1,3 and 7. I do this to deny ignorance. I do this because there seems to be far too many American citizens that believe they are hated "just because they are american" this is not true!!! I wish I had photos!

I will write more when I get confirmation that my IP is not followed.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
More US troops in Iraq equals more body bags it will achieve nothing, use your feet America get on the streets and bring your troops home the damage is done.

once your troops are home vote for a candidate that has a workable foreign policy

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   
I don't think you understand your foreign policy. The people in these countries are mistaken and believe a better life shines over the hill for them. This is why you probably have photos of these people cheering you on. The quite honest truth is that this better life is not coming. The United States invades, places a nasty puppet dictator to keep order, then leaves and controls by proxy. You have done it before and continue to do it. If you can't invade a state you economically sanction and surround them geographically until they all are knocking at the doors of death, then if you feel like it invade them or leave them to fester. This is your foreign policy. Unfortunately people in these countries are not aware of this. People may want you there, but the reason why they want you there is simply not a truth. The riches always head elsewhere.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by superpaul55]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by superpaul55
The United States invades, places a nasty puppet dictator to keep order, then leaves and controls by proxy. You have done it before and continue to do it. If you can't invade a state you economically sanction and surround them geographically until they all are knocking at the doors of death, then if you feel like it invade them or leave them to fester. This is your foreign policy.

Most of the people in the USA are not in business to perpetuate warfare.

Most of the people in the USA have no interest in denying any other people the right to free religion and freedom of speech.

Most of the people in the USA will unify and fight to the death if an enemy attacks them on their soil. But you see what happens when the government takes it upon themselves to police the world. The country divides deeply.

Most of the people in the USA have no other intention than to retain the rights to liberty and the pursuit of happiness. In their own country.

Please be clear with your post that you address the American government and not the majority, or the will, of its people. What the American people ask of you, is that you allow our system to ultimately work, and bring to the forefront those that choose to lead in a befitting manner. To at least bring it back to the point of: Retaliate if attacked. Not preemptively. With a world unified unto that vision, there is a fighting chance.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
If most of the people in the 'country of the free' don't agree with this farcical foreign policy then why the hell is YOUR country perputrating these acts of international looting and murder? I do address the American people. Your puppet leader over here (Tony Blair) takes it upon himself to follow George Bush around the planet like a small homeless dog and I look forward to observing the end of this ludicrous period of history. I understand it also gives some Americans a hard-on to realise you possess this power but unfortunately a lot of people are dying. Can your hard-on justify their deaths? If most of your people don't believe in these wars and you have an 'ideal democratic society' - then something must be going wrong somewhere! (Don't try to blame it on Bush or the current political crowd because you've been doing it for 60 years).

Would you 'the American people' like to sort yourselves out please? It would be greatly appreciated over here in England and for the people still alive in Iraq. You use democracy to justify your global looting and then hide behind it when people challenge you! Its pathetic!!

Who gave that man the lethal injection - doesn't matter we have democracy.

Whos got 3000 nucleur war heads - doesn't matter we have democracy.

Who bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki - doesn't matter we have democracy.

Who invaded vietnam - we were defending democracy.

Who invaded Iraq and Afganistan - we were defending or producing democracy.

Who screwed over all the blacks to live in # - doesn't matter we have democracy.

Who shipped slaves - doesn't matter we have democracy.

Whos got a concentration camp - doesn't matter we have democracy.

Who invaded Korea - doesn't matter we were defending democracy.

Who killed all the Russians in Afganistan - doesn't matter we were defending democracy.

Who uses carpet and cluster bombs - we use them in the name of god and democracy.

Why are they evil - because they are not democratic.

Hes not allowed any weapons - he doesn't have democracy. I can justify murder - I have a democracy.

This democracy stuff is obviously BS then. Oh wait a minute - I can get arrested in the 'Patriot Act' for saying that. I must be a totalitarian warlord nutter facist who beats female children. You have freedom of speech with invisible lines, which isn't actually freedom of speech.

I ask 'my fellow Americans' to prove their freedom of speech and rights of freedom in their just democratic country. I challenge you to make a sign saying you support Osama Bin Laden and parade it outside the Whitehouse in no fear of reprecussions. Hitler didn't say he protested freedom of speech - but I think everyone knew what happened if you did. You got spyed on then put in prison if considered a threat. Welcome to the Fourth Riech ladies and gentlemen, but of course - you don't realise your in it!

Can you not see that all the countries you have invaded are strategically placed? There is nothing down to chance here. This is a geographical conquest for domination and rule. End of story. Nothing good will come of this.

"is that you allow our system to ultimately work"

Stop trying to enforce your system upon everyone altogether. I know your the 'little children of the light and god' and everything else. This is your (personally) problem and why people don't like you one tiny bit - be it British, Muslim or an alien reptile from Mars. You have no right to impose your values on others. None. I will not let back and let you take over the world because that it what you are actually aiming for. "Full spectral dominance" - George W Bush.

I would also like to point out your recent increase in expansionary foreign policy. 30 years ago you used to 'defend democracy', you now 'give democracy'.

I don't support murder and terrorism therefore I don't support America. May I point out that recently an American soldier raped then shot a 14 year old Iraqi schoolgirl. You sit back and imagine for one second what the opinion would be if an Iraqi soldier raped a 14 year old American school girl. You know I'm right and your countries attitude is a total disgrace to humanity and dignity. You are the current Nazi's.

I don't support Osama Bin Laden, however that does not mean I support you. This war appears to be between two sides of total fools and its the same old story. Empires. Empires. Empires.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
It is my opinion that Bush?Cheney or Rove have some dirt on Blair because it just makes no sense his kowtowing to Bush like he does. He has basically committed political suicide over the past few years being Bushes sock puppet. Sad thing Blair is obviously the more intelligent and better informed of the two.

[edit on 21-1-2007 by grover]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:31 PM
link   
superpaul55

Ultimately, you're right. It is the fault of the people. After all, if we the people are going to be so lazy or inactive not to do something about it, then we can only fault ourselves as a whole. But dismantling powers that are so strongly entrenched does not happen overnight, and in this case, not over 50 years either.

It's not a switch you can flick on or off. It's not a fight with the kid down the block. At the moment it is a problem that is going to take time, a lot of patience, and serious revisional legislation with safety nets installed before this country is ever going to see the light of day again. For now we are shrouded in darkness. Got a match?

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Marg, for a country that has 300 million people in it, our military is not very large. I have heard estimates anywhere from 800,000 to 2 million military personnel. .

You know the reason we are in the place we are right now with the troops is because the cuts to our military by Clinton.

You are wrong George Bush has had 6 years. He could have built a 10 million man Army in two years. You can no longer blame Clinton for anything with 6 years going on 8 with Bush as president. It takes 6-8 weeks to train a soldier.

Bush is a loser on all fronts.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy1880
The American military somehow cannot understand that they are NOT at war with IRAQ they are at war with terrorism!

Jimmy,I don't know if the U.S military doesn't understand this, but the general American population doesn't. I have heard people make comments like, "The Iraqi people hate us." No, that's not the case at all. There are certain factions and insurgents and Iraq that do,but I don't think that the general Iraqi does.

I'll also state that they may grow to hate America if we continue to spur unrest in their country though. I think what needs to happen is we need to try to "stabilize" Iraq as much as possible for the coming year. In January 2008, we need to start pulling out.... I think we need to at least try to "stabilize" it in this coming year.

Now, obviously after we leave, if Iraq decides not to have a democracy, that will be their choice.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Who bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki - doesn't matter we have democracy.

Let me ask you one freakin question mister "Super Paul"
, what would you have had us to do to end WW2? Your posts reek of not having knowledge of history and what was and was not to be done in any given circumstance.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Is there a way to report this superpaul guy to the moderators? All he is doing is hijacking this conversation to spread his anti-American Rhetoric. His agenda is not to debate any topic, but to dismantle any intelligent discussion so he can get a free shot at America. You fail Paul; your ideals are hypocritical and erroneous.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halcy0n
Is there a way to report this superpaul guy to the moderators? All he is doing is hijacking this conversation to spread his anti-American Rhetoric. His agenda is not to debate any topic, but to dismantle any intelligent discussion so he can get a free shot at America. You fail Paul; your ideals are hypocritical and erroneous.

Don't worry.He'll keep on and the "wrong "or right moderator,depending on your viewpoint, will peak in and ban him.

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
To be honest, all you need to do is click ignore thats what I've done

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join