It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

22nd Century Technology Video...we are all going to be connected via the World Wide Mind?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
hi everybody. i just watched this and thought you all should see it.

In the premiere episode, guests arrive from the future, past and present to guide you through a quirky tour of the “World Wide Mind,” an intriguing theory that proposes that in the future our brains will be wired up so that we can communicate with the world effortlessly and instantly.

www.pbs.org...

[edit on 18-1-2007 by Funkydung]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
also on the same page.......part of the same video....

www.pbs.org...

Rodolfo Llinas tells the story of how he has developed bundles of nanowires thinner than spider webs that can be inserted into the blood vessels of human brains.

While these wires have so far only been tested in animals, they prove that direct communication with the deep recesses of the brain may not be so far off. To understand just how big of a breakthrough this is—US agents from the National Security Agency quickly showed up at the MIT laboratory when the wires were being developed.

What does this mean for the future? It might be possible to stimulate the senses directly - creating visual perceptions, auditory perceptions, movements, and feelings. Deep brain stimulation could create the ultimate virtual reality. Not to mention, direct communication between man and machine or human brain to human brain could become a real possibility.

Llinas poses compelling questions about the potentials and ethics of his technology.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I watched it last night.

I just kept thinking of ol' Alex Jones in one of his earlier films when he speaks of the global elite wanting us all connected into a 'hive mind' in order to track us.
PBS seemed to be pushing biometrix and collective thinking with this show, but over all it was pretty good.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a friend of mine told me about the show today at work and wanted me to see it. pretty amazing. the possibility to think about something and the information gets sent to your brain instead of searching for it on the internet is pretty amazing i must say. the whole concept is scary to me. but the human/computer is inevitable and will be the norm in the very near future.

top topics

join