It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. official: Chinese test missile obliterates satellite

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by k4rupt
I'm not saying it is completely true, I'm just countering those who say the United States is COMPLETELY invincible - and we BOTH know that is not true. No need to jump on an attack Retinoid.

Of course we know that is both true. I don't know all the weapon systems the US and China has and what they are developing in secret so I can't say who would win. And frankly I don't care, because I doubt either nation will go to war with each other. And you are right to be tired of people being cheerleaders for their own country.

Um... if Taiwan declares independence, the United States has stated that it wuold not back Taiwan up. They warned the lame-duck President of Taiwan from pushing his agenda further that the U.S. would completely drop it's support if he continues what he is doing. So, by the U.S.'s own policy, they wouldn't even be in such a conflict.

I know as you have informed me on numerous threads...I am saying that if China attacks Taiwan though, because it declared Independence...the world would label China as the aggressor. How in your right mind could you think that Japanese, South Koreans, Americans, Europeans, and Australians would support China doing such a thing?

China doesn't want to weaponize space? lol, Is that why they've conducted those tests?

No. China doesn't want to weaponize space, and neither does Russia that is why they are trying to set up a UN resolution to ban space weapons (which the USA vetoes)/

My question...if China and Russia are so far ahead in space weaponry and dedicated time/money/etc. to it, why do they want to ban it? It is because they have done none of the above. Why do you think the US wants weapons in space? Because they have done the above.

I hope you don't believe Russia and China are proposing no weapons in space from a moral stand point! We both know how moral the two countries are.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by el_madmaster
Personally I could care less about China surpassing us, and I think we have plenty of problems in our own country to deal with. As long as they don't threaten us militarily, and Taiwan aside - why would they? We buy so many things from them.

Although I am not sure if China will indeed surpass us, and it isn't just predictions of Japan surpassing us all over, I would have to agree with you. Who really cares if they do surpass us? The US would still be a superpower and one of the richest (basically the second) in the world. I am okay with that. I would much rather be the second and focus on the United States. And though I don't like the Chinese government, I like Chinese people. So there.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join