It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did we come from Mars or somewhere else?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Royal76

hhhmmm nice idea, but... would it not be a bit of a long shot sending two people to a new planet with no biological resistance to infections from the flora and fauna? unless of course the brought all that with them in an ark say just after the dinosaurs died out and earth became inhabitable again..

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by rohnds

Rhon, I have to agree 100% to your statement and I agree that as Mars was dying due to the swopping of its magnetic poles we evacuated Mars and escaped to Earth. I cannot explain how we lost our technology but I can only assume that it would be the same as being marooned on an Island or being shipwrecked.

The point that I have to make or question shall I say is that if we evolved from the Ape why are there still Apes? That question debunks any theory of evolution. Mutation on the other hand is the adaption of our Chromosomes' and DNA / Genes that mutate to suite the enviroment, but this does not change our genetic structure, but only enhances or degrades it.

We as homo-sapians have NOT adapted to living on Earth. We cannot cope with the indigenous bactaria and virus's that kill us, such as Influenza. We suffer with back pains and other muscular / orthopedic probelms due to Earths larger mass and the stonger gravational force that pulls us towards Earth's center. The gravity on Mars is exaclty suited to our genetic form. My guess is that if we could find germs or bactaria on Mars they would not be harmful to us.

The probelm for our future is the prediction of the magnetic pole swop in 2012, which I believe was the cause of Mars' extinction, hopefully we find a solution before then, or that the Scientists have got their dates wrong.

:- Colin Crafford

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

I believe this: house cats and tigers evolved from ancient feline; donkeys and horses, equine; dogs and foxes, canine; apes and gorillas, primate; humans and neanderthals, homosapien. I honestly don't think we're related to primates. The one "link" they found looks undeveloped, but still human to me. Most evoloutionary change involves size, hair, intelligence, colour, not complete mutation. I'm also a little out of the loop, so forgive me if they've found more convincing "links", but otherwise this is my theory. Another thing I wonder is this: why is humankind so young? Cat, dog, horse, and ape-kind have been around forever, and you can see the trends in evolutionary changes. We just kinda popped up. So, what? Did we mass-mutate from monkeys or were we introduced by an alternate method...
And another thing! Lol. I'm not familliar with the weather on Mars, but when I see pics it's jagged rock and sand. When I think sand and rocks I think of smooth pebbles. Looks more like tons of crushed rocks (maybe from a big explosion?) and sediment that settled from the air.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
How long has Mars been dead?
Also we can tell how long we have been here on Earth,a big difference!

unless of course Earth was Terraformed for future use Martians and we are the bred forms of our Mars brothers and Sisters this would explain some time change.
That would also explain our 223 gene differences from chips.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by alansams]

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by alansams

...Please don't assume you have total info>>"how long has Mars been dead?"
Sure the info that is currently taught and mis-taught may lead one to conclude that life would be sparse or non-existent on Mars today.This is the worst dis-service since life is abundant on Mars,just info mis-handled.There are live people and animals on Mars,today.
This pic I mirror-imaged to "doctor" to fullness. Many Mars animals have large dark eyes.This one is just closer to human.
You may see what's in one of these five pics,but others can see five out of five,so don't assume you see or know that Mars is or was dead. That would be like spitting out a gulp of sea water and assuming all water from large bodies is salty. Sure MOST of the water on Earth is salty,but not all. Sure most of Mars LOOKS dead on the surface,but there were fossils and life found at all the landers and rovers locations we sent there so far.Nasa has their own agenda and the truth can wait.Meanwhile generations are mis-taught and mis-lead,even though we paid for the science,and are denied the results.Disclosure has not yet come. Here's an exaple of having to colorize and boost the info from available sparse info...so interpretive as to be disclaimed.If you look very hard you still won't see what I see.
Even though you can't see them all,you probably can see some faces,and that means life on Mars .
How long have you lived in happy ignorance?

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Royal76

Your theory is pretty much the same theory I've had for years. It also backs up my assertion that man is nothing more than a parasite and our host is whatever planet we are living on at the time. Once we consume all the resources and our host starts to die we move on to another.
I think that while man lived on Mars either they knew the planet was dying or a great calamity was going to occur and in order to keep our species alive we were transplanted to the closest viable planet.
After living through hurricane Katrina I saw in 5 short years how nature can reclaim her position over man as where roads and buildings once stood is now replaced with brush and over grown with vegetation. Which stands to reason that the few people lucky enough to make it to Earth eventually over time due to natural disasters as well as possible meteorites, climate change and other global events were whittled down to very small numbers and spread out throughout the world and whatever superior knowledge they had amassed died out and man was left to start anew. Throughout time the stories passed down about how we got here were convoluted and lost a great deal of fact and turned into what we know consider religion or folklore.
Which would account for similar descriptions from civilizations all over the world of Gods coming down from the sky. It would also debunk the missing link theory between man and ape. explaining why no one has ever found the missing link.
People wonder about aliens and what they look like. When it makes since that we are the aliens and if whoever brought us here is still living in Mars in a subterranean labyrinth or somewhere else. They are fully aware of the intelligence and learning capacity of man and they know that we will make contact with them or vice versa once we achieve a level of technology comparable to their own and can contribute to their society on a much higher level than what we are now. I could go into more detail on my theory but given the constraints of the site I will close for now and let you ponder my theory...

posted on Nov, 17 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

I tried to explain my theory earlier about how technology was lost as well as debunking the missing link theory but I must disagree with you on evolution. I'm not saying man evolved from apes because I don't believe we did. Just because apes don't evolve in the short span that man has been on Earth watching does not mean it's not happening.
Evolution can and has been proven on microbial levels. As we create more antibiotics viruses either adapt and evolve into other strains not affected by antibiotics or mutate into other strains. Either way its still evolution. Multiple celled organisms like mammals take much longer to evolve.
The earths been here billions of years. Men have only been here a fraction of that time. Climate change, meteorites, polar shifts, plagues etc. has wreaked havoc upon the Earth and its lifeforms. There were times that nearly all life was destroyed. Yet every time the Earth has come back. Life has come back. Maybe not as before. Maybe not the dinosaurs but after every global event the life on Earth continued to adapt and evolve to what it is now. Who knows what life will look like in another 50 million years. I'm sure it will be quite different from today and man may not even be a distant memory. Anyway feel free to read my other posts and consider my theory...

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by uberarcanist

If you find a chart of possible human evolution from chimpanzees (Comparing skulls), most charts have a huge gap
between the regular human skull and the possible "Older stage" of it.
Scientists can find as many human-like bone structures as they want to, but it doesn't explain human evolution.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Really? This post is in the Freshman forums?

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
i think we are born on earth,our ancestor can not fly to earth from mars.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
This is just a theory i've been working on. What if we are the survivors of an alien race from say Mars. Mars looks pretty dead, or atleast the photo's were aloud the see look that way. What if an escape pod caring one male child and one female child. Adam and Eve came here from Mars or another planet. They were taught enough to survive by the computer from the ship. It didn't know too much about all of the technology because it wasn't designed as a teaching tool. When we bred and became larger we advanced. There is some evidence that Homosapiens and Neanderthals battled in some areas with Homosapiens eventually coming out the winners. Just a little theory i've been messing with in my head.

I remember thinking that aliens dropped their criminals off on earth and that explains how uncivil some of us live. The truth is, that we have two parts to us. Our created part is thoughts that are all planned out for us for eternity. The other part is our body that is only a temporary home for our thoughts during this first age. The brain of our body is the processor of our thoughts and this makes our bodies function according to the plans that were made for us. In other words, our bodies are like puppets that dance to our thoughts that were created by the creator of all things.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

And im pretty sure that the dinosaurs went extinct because maybe JUST maybe some of the debris from mars (Parts of its moon, some parts of mars). And because of that dinosaurs were gone and gave way to the remaining mammals and the microbes from the red planets debris to grow and develop.

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I think a good explanation as to how we could have lost our technology if we traveled here from mars is the simple fact that you have to know how to build it. It coincides with your marooned on an island theory because as soon as the technology you have stops working (and you don't know how to fix it or rebuild) then it's gone.

There are many many many people on Earth that know how to use technology, but the majority of them don't know the first thing about how they function or how to build them. That is what the companies who make them are for. Even now, we are starting to rely on machines to make our technologies. So, I think it would be quite easy for an advanced civilization capable of traveling space to lose their technology.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Lets say UFO aliens have genetically manipulated,transplanted,interbred,upgraded humanoids for their purposes on Earth and Mars. Mars had Dinosaurs.Mars has more diverse humanoids today than Earth does. Mars Wolfman is no microbe,for all you minimalists who memorize the pap you're told but never think it through.Enough about the microbes.Pick up your game.
Here's the baby dino evidence again.Opportunity took the DINO pic sol 15,after landing a HOLE IN ONE in a crater facing a dinosaur bones exposed outcrop 20 feet away.Let me repeat that another way . In February 2004 Op detected straight ahead a WALL of dinosaur,and it was NEVER reported.Can you sense my frustration? Can you understand my frustration? I designed the Mars rovers 1987. Few people bother to look at whats in Mars pics yet assume they already know...nothing but microbes oh shucks.Guess I'll just watch tv so THEY can tell me what to think...
My first mars man Spirit,Spring 2004(Seven years ago,and never touched by the corrupt News Media.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join