Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Did we come from Mars or somewhere else?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Doesn't Matt Bellamy of MUSE believe we're from Mars or something like that??
God bless him...

I read somewhere that the Martians were an actual race of alien beings who witnessed the loss of their atmosphere and had to retreat underground
I like that idea

Just a thought anyway..

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Royal76

Please, Please, Please have someone who can accurately use the English language edit your comments. The theory is great: I have considered it often over the last few years and have a novel in production based on that premise. However, your spelling and useage is so horrible that you would be wise to always use an editor. I cannot believe that you would actually post it the way it is written. The reader must assume that you are an idiot, or speak a foreign language, or never took an English class in your life. Whatever the reason, fix it before someone else reads it!

posted on Aug, 30 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I think we lived on mars but when an aseriod wiped out earthand the dinosaurs and mars where we lived before.The dust cloud from the asteriod must have cool the planet down so water formed on top of the land then when ithe dust cleared the land apeared over time And the biological dna or bacteria landed on earth from mars. which evolved in to creatures in the sea then progress on to the the shore.e.g sea lions the tured into mamals and other form of land cratures which we se now.but the only survivors that remain from the pheostoric times are crocodiles,aligators,turtle turpines.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

A Mars Day is actually 24hrs & 37 mins NOT 25 hrs

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
I'm curiose about something:
We are close enough genetically with apes to possibly interbreed, (not been atempted yet, may be studied more closely some day) and there's some evidence to support we interbred with Neanderthal.
Now, keep this in mind. Lion and Tigers, as a good example, are both members of the same species. They can interbreed, but not successfully. They can produce offspring, but the offspring in infertile. And yet they are big cats, much closer related than anything that evolved on a seperate planet, regardless of convergent evolution.
So, why exactly does it make more sense we are from another planet? (genetically)

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

Mars' moon crashed into it thereby wiping out all life, except for microbes!!!! Such foolishness. Mars is a barren rock because millions and millions of years ago, perhaps a few billion years ago, for some reason or another Mars' magnetic sphere failed exposing it to the dangerous radiation from our Sun. This in turn cooked the oceans and killed any life that did exist on the planet at that time. Is it possible humans came to Earth then, no. Because fossilised remains for homo sapiens goes back a few hundred thousand years and our close relatives almost 2-3 million years. No evidence suggests humans were around on our Earth when Mars' magnetic sphere failed a long long long time ago, well before the dinosaurs. That's that! It would be nice to think that.

What I think is more interesting is how life (in its microbial stage) may seek out and thrive on planets/moons that have the ripe conditions for life. Evolution begins and takes a very long time to bear intelligent species like ourselves. However time is relative. If the design behind life or the force responsible for its creation (something I think of as 'God') can be contemplated by humans. This makes us a fundamental part of the universe. Intelligent life is a way in which the Universe can understand itself. Without life the beauty of our night sky would go unseen.

Other intelligent life may be like us or they may live for centuries or thousands of years. Time is relative. A day on another planet surrounding a Sun far larger than our own might be 200 hours. Intelligent life there may not converse with us as we may seem unimportant to them. We may be a very lonely planet in a Universe bristling with intelligent life whose civilisations may be as old as our planet itself. We are very far from the centre of the Big Bang. Stars have lived and died there long before ours was even born.

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

I have had a Mars website for 4yrs & scanning raw Nasa images there is 101% proof that Mars was a highly civilized Planet..Mars has been totally blitzed, smashed masonary, machined bits litter the surface,possibly an asteriod hit,? Nasa-inner core is reversed, mantle thinner on one side, it has water, ice, snow,air vegetation, & ruins of huge complexes,& an abnormal methaine readings, 100m plus below the surface,if any Martians made it to Earth after the destruction, cloning with the Homo Erectus could have taken place, that would explain a lot of unexplainable'alien tech'that puzzles homo sapien today..Homo sapien clones animals, mixes animal& human genes, does cyborg surgery, DNA samples have been flown secretly to the Space Station, in case of Earths demise, what new under the sun, nothing, then there's the mining , whose flag will fly on Mars & who will own the mineral rights & all the technology underground, hmmmm?

posted on Oct, 24 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Alienzone88

you should really let all the scientist that have been working there whole lives on studying the atmosphere.. geography,,, gravity.. and weather.. on mars what you have found... maybe you could teach them a think or two. .. if you can believe all of there studies... and read there findings.. you would find out that it is just the opposite of what you are saying.. so Im sure... with your vast knowledge of mars.. they would be glad to know that they have been wrong all these years.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Perhaps my friend you should take time to read the post correctly before replying...the information is all from Nasa, if you care to keep up with the vast amount of data they upload...the 'cloning bit only was my theory...Fact
na has been sent from Earth to our Space Station including Stephen Hawkings dna, in case of a calamilty wipes out all life on Earth, there is air, ice ,vegetaton,40ft across( nasa) clouds, winds, snow, blue sky not red, its all on the Nasa info..fact homo sapien shares 98.99% Dna genomes with the chimp...lol think about that for a moment before you go ape again, have a nice day :>) .

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Interesting possibilities. Where would one go to look into this whole Mars-life connection? Personally, I have no concrete opinions and like to read and debate with others about these types of things. Currently, I believe in Earthly evolution but it would be neat to read about other possibilities.

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Thinkmore

I hope someone with more knowledge will answer your query, for myself I just get onto Earth-Mars connection stuff and read what seems logical, not fantasy, look very very carefully at the raw images Nasa downloads and you may be surprised at what you find, read what Nasa says about Mars re inner core reversed and mantle thinner on one side, maybe an asteroid hit or side glance, air , mineral, water, ice, air, dead seabeds, etc., its fascinating, and also the fact that hom sapien may have originated from Mars is a distinct possibility, there is a lot of stuff we just don't know about our past history, a lot of unexplainable stuff, and there's still answers to find, re Vimanas, rustless steel, Balbeek, suss out these all secret bases, we have a Spy satelite base down South Island NZ too .... etc., good luck...

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Thinkmore

Meant to add here in NZ we have had a fair bit of documented UFO sightings, I am dead against fantasy stuff etc., I like fact if possible, I myself had an experience one night,about 10.00 one evening I looked up at the sky and straight above my head was a very bright white light about the size of a car headlight, as my brain registered the h** is that, the light just blinkrd out, very odd, there ws no noise, and I could not see anything the sky was too black..hmmmmm????my son has also watched UFOs for several evenings running in the central plateau are......

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hello I'm Ghst

Well let me start by saying that I agree with the idea that we could possibly be from another planet, but with me looking at the fact's it would seem if this theory is correct we would have came from Venus as for the fact the planet is going the beginning stages of its cleaning, and it would seem Mar's is going through it's final stages to begin producing life.

No Idea how to explain this all I can go is off the side comment's on these documentary recently on space speaking on Venus and how the statement say's "We could have came from this planet before its destruction and planet reset", but also I would have to discard the statement due to the fact it was n the television so I have no idea.

Or

we could have just been here and awake only to the highest level of awareness but we willing accepted this life instead of what we had before

meh no idea

just a thought

-Ghst

posted on Dec, 5 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
lights in the sky and no sound being heard is easily explained. it could quite easily be a helicopter. depending on the angle and direction of the blades, the helicopter makes no sound

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think we came from somewhere else. It's interesting that no other animal on this planet even comes close to what we have done. Some do use simple tools but I am typing and communicating here on this message board. I don't know but why aren't there any animals at all doing stuff?

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
you are all retarded

posted on Jan, 3 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have seen footage of a chimp playing pacman. our DNA is very close and we're from different branches of the evolution tree millions of years apart. To think we came from Mars is foolish, maybe microbes lived there, that's about as far as I think it would go, and I would love to see NASA docs on Mars being littered with masonary equipment and rubble.

posted on Jan, 25 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWilliams

actually this is where the term Out Of Place Artifact comes in... thats why
it might actually be possible that we had SOME of the technologies of our home land. they discovered an alluminum wedge thats about a billion or so years old... the wedge is similar to that of modern landing gear on unmanned spaceships that are being sent to mars today.
this i believe should be a good amount of reasonable evidence that
atleast someone might have been here before us or brought us here.

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
OK how about this....
Just say that we did originate from another planet and that this particular planet was some distance away - anything up to billions of light years away. Suppose our original civilisation knew that their planet was on the way out (for example, their nearest star beginning the death process which would make them toast or perhaps their galaxy about to be devoured by another galaxy), they would be frantically looking for another planet to colonise. Now suppose that this civilisation is way advanced technologically and has mastered space and/or space-time travel and they locate a likely planet. This civilisation could in theory have planned welll in advance (maybe thousands of years) and could have been altering conditions on earth to make it as near to what they needed as possible (eg. wiping out the dinasours). I doubt they could have made it perfect for themselves but they would have made it as near to perfect for them as possible.The few people sent here to collinate may have come via a wormhole which would have wiped all their memory of previous existence. Literally they would have been starting from scratch. I think they might have come from a hotter planet than hours and this may be why we have no hair. They may have put ape species here first to to see how they fared (much like we test chemicals and initial space trips with animals). They may even have used a nuclear warhead type technology to alter planetary orbits and/or wipe out species they saw as a threat before coming here. Oh well ...just a thought...
:

posted on Jan, 26 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin

Actualy, there is considerable evidence that Homo Sapiens and Neanderthal Man co-existed quite well. I'd love to see some of the evidence showing they battled, that you mentioned.

I'm actually working on a new thread that shows they interbreed and we have genetic & physical apearance proof.
Stay tuned as per the OP

I think there may have been some life once on Mars but more like microbes or even an alien outpost but not a race that evolved on Mars.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join