It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did we come from Mars or somewhere else?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This is just a theory i've been working on. What if we are the survivors of an alien race from say Mars. Mars looks pretty dead, or atleast the photo's were aloud the see look that way. What if an escape pod caring one male child and one female child. Adam and Eve came here from Mars or another planet. They were taught enough to survive by the computer from the ship. It didn't know too much about all of the technology because it wasn't designed as a teaching tool. When we bred and became larger we advanced. There is some evidence that Homosapiens and Neanderthals battled in some areas with Homosapiens eventually coming out the winners. Just a little theory i've been messing with in my head.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
"We are all made of stars." Or did we evolve from a touch of...God, or did God create stars and thus created us...Ooo...

Mars nah..

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I think that is the most likely explanation of humans on this planet. Your theory is very similar to mine which i shared on here a while back (I cant find it now it was so long ago). By the time this planet ends up like mars, we will hopefully have the technology to do the same again.. move on.

I think we have been planet hopping for billions of years in cycles. We inhabit>we expand>we destroy>we move on>we inhabit>we expand etc...

[edit on 18-1-2007 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus.

But seriously, is this in the right forum?

And of course, welcome to ATS!

[edit on 1/18/2007 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Royal76
There is some evidence that Homosapiens and Neanderthals battled in some areas with Homosapiens eventually coming out the winners.

Actualy, there is considerable evidence that Homo Sapiens and Neanderthal Man co-existed quite well. I'd love to see some of the evidence showing they battled, that you mentioned.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It just seems more plausable that we might have come from another planet.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 10:17 PM
link   
A day on Earth lasts 24 hours. A day on Mars lasts 25 hours.

What is odd is that if a human being is placed in a senses free enviorment where they don't know day from night their biological clock sets itself for a 25 hour day.

I read that somewhere and have no links.

Interesting thought though.

posted on Feb, 20 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Sounds pretty cool.. I'll check and see if I can find anything too about that.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   
no question we are stardust. . .er. . .carbon; the interesting thought is that maybe that carbon has fallen on many fertile fields. More ideas support each other than not.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terapin

Originally posted by Royal76
There is some evidence that Homosapiens and Neanderthals battled in some areas with Homosapiens eventually coming out the winners.

Actualy, there is considerable evidence that Homo Sapiens and Neanderthal Man co-existed quite well. I'd love to see some of the evidence showing they battled, that you mentioned.

All vouch for this one, ancient man stood against animals, but lost to a modern society, damn future operatives anyway.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I believe ancient homo sapiens may have GONE to mars, but I think the evidence is pretty overwhelming that humans originated on earth. The fossil evolutionary record is extensive, the genetic similarity between chimpanzees and humans otherwise irrefutable.

posted on Mar, 29 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It's a good theory and one I thought of myself sometime back.

That humans or something like us evolved there and either war or natural disaster moved us here, possibly with the help of some other beings. DNA was mixed with DNA from here and Humans were made.

No real missing link and all that.

Ahhh, well...it's a fun theory that one day could become a good movie script.

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Them coming over and the fossils are of another line of men who were possible but didn't become men (neanderthals) because we destroyed their line?

posted on Mar, 30 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Roy, it's possible, but consider the following: "Previous studies that focus on differences at the amino acid and nucleotide sequence levels have revealed a high degree of similarity between humans and chimpanzees..."

Chimpanzees are from Earth, why not humans?

www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov...

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Maybe we came from somewhere else entirely. Maybe the asteroid belt used to be our home planet until we evacuated to mars. A giant meteorite could easily destroy a planet and create an asteroid belt.
Maybe we moved off mars millions of years ago because the sun is cooling and maybe in another million years we will move to venus.
Also, maybe chimps came with us? As pets?
I don't know. Just some ideas to toss about.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Evolution is a vertical move acquiring the genes from the mutating. Evolution is a proven fact until it pertains to Homo Sapiens.

It seems that we have 223 genes that is foreign or alien to this planet. We could not have acquired these genes from our predecessors, the chimps.

Thus we are alien to this planet. It is possible that we we arrived on this planet from another dying planet, Mars.

Rohn

[edit on 28-2-2008 by rohnds]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Hunan origins may possibly came from Mars,but not as humans. Humans were mixed with the Martians. Mixed Ape with the martians to make a new species. The planet Mars died off as a result this came upon. thank-you.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
If we had the technology to "planet jump" because of some sort of impending doom, wouldn't it be safe to say that we would have had the technology to bring our history along with us so that it didn't happen again?

[edit on 21-5-2008 by MrWilliams]

posted on May, 27 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Royal76

Yeah we totally came from Mars. Sometimes moons crash into their planets, that's what devastated Mars. That's why one half is all scorched and the other half is all covered in debris. We may have developed on earth from martian microbes that landed here after the catastrophe, or some lucky people may have managed to take a ship here. There's some speculation that the civilization who built the Egyptian sphinx may also have been behind the face on Mars. This is part of why it's stupid for people to try and build another civilization there, because it's other moons are expected to crash into it sometime somewhat soon too.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join