It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saddam capture a diversion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Just last week very convienetly i must saw a tribunal for war crime was established in Iraq by Iraqies and now they caputure Saddam ( but we know they had him all this time) second the dna testing they did im sorry but doesnt dna testing take weeks. Whats really going are we missing the big picture. Now the 17th Bush wants to make a speech about sending men back to the moon. Is this a campaign thing he's pulling or is something going on and this is all a diversion.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
and so it begins, the spinning and conspiracy claims.

yeah its all a plot, you're onto us now! you're much too smart for us! nothing gets past you does it???

[/sarcasm]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Does anyone else find it funny that the first strike was an attempt to kill Saddam right off the bat.

But the first thing they do when he is captured is the have him checked out by the medical staff?

hmm, it's wierd.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Standard precedure. Capture, make sure they are healty, sentence them to die for the crimes they committed. Can't put someone to death if they are not healthy.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
the whole saddam circus was carefully orchestrated now saddam was not needed so they " captured him" and im sorry what did bush do he didnt capture him it was the men and women intel agents and coliation forces that have been in iraq fighting and dying this pointless war. Oh maybe now Saddam will tell us where he has the " weapons of mass destruction" or will we plant those too??

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePrankMonkey

yeah its all a plot, you're onto us now! you're much too smart for us! nothing gets past you does it???

[/sarcasm]

If you dont agree or see the point made by poster then why do you reply? I'm sorry but not to offend you but I am getting a little disturbed by the fact that everyone preaches about sticking to topics and if replies dont support topics but instead critisize them, then replies shouldnt be given. I am finding that almost every post here lately seems to be getting off topic or a bashing from others.........and yes alot are from Mods too. Let people speak their opinions the same way that you would want to speak yours without lashing on them please, I think this would work for everyones best interest. Not telling you what to do but as a Mod I would think that you would support this as some of the other Mods in fact do. If I offended you I am sorry but I felt it needed to be said

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
the lgoic behind this is simple. so simple its KISS! (thats Keep it Simple Stupid)

if they could have gotten him from the get go then most of what we've had to go through wouldnt have happened but since he went into ghiding and we had to go through the expense of all this fighting then bringing him back alive at this point to make damn sure he paid for the things he did was going to happen come hell or high water.

its called a target of opportunity, terrorists know this all too well. you take advantage when you can and avoid a long drawn out affair later or draw it out and expend your resources and then make them pay later.

actually keeping him alive has several profound effects.

it shows he didnt fight to the bitter end, some of his supporters will find out and become disaffected buy this. other will go into denial. it will show he is not a man of word, AGAIN. to the bitter end, they wont take me alive! remember all that crap he said? machismo, nothing more. propaganda at its finest.

secondly it shows we really arent as blood thirsty as some have made us out to be. how hard do you think it would have been to falsify some information and say he put up a struggle and they had to put a bullet in his head? not very hard as i've heard of bigger things that have been covered up with relative success.

third, it shows we want justice. we want him punished, not killed. he will stand before the world and answer for what he has done whether anyone likes it or not.

fouth, it is demoralizing for other dictators around the world. "if we can get him, what makes you think we cant get you?" that has to weigh heavy in some people's minds. (kim jong il to name one)

not weird at all. and these are but a few examples! there are more out there...

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
On the one hand this Public display is good for the Media and for people. They are a little more at ease with the sitiuation now. But now there are still a lot of problems.

1. where and by who will he be tried.

2. where are the weapons of mass destruction

3. who was his second in command during this conflict and where are they now a list of names etc.

Its not over folks it's just begun

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
once we do some thing the conspirise start. get a life people

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 11:38 AM
link   

[/sarcasm]

Hello, this is a conspiracy related website dumbass

If you don't like what we talk about and complain then get the # outta here... KISS.. it's that simple.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
It's painfully obvious that some on here are actually upset that Saddam was captured.

This is very sad. Some people are truly pathetic.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I didn't know we were sending men back to the moon..but besides that...it might be a diversion..we will have to wait and see. As for be unhappy that he was captured, we have different opinions on this site, get used to it.

-wD

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClark
It's painfully obvious that some on here are actually upset that Saddam was captured.

This is very sad. Some people are truly pathetic.

What makes you say that? Who, in their right mind, pro or anti-bush, would be upset that saddam was captured? I think that there are those among us who question the motives and means of his capture, but I don't see many sympathizers.

BG

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Yeah, it's the Bush administrations way of blowing sunshine up our collective asses. We've got Saddam, great, now where are all the WMDs? I don't think we'll ever find them. And now Bush keeps saying that we went there to topple an evil regime when, we went in there to get WMDs, which we still haven't done. I think we've had Saddam for a while now and just announced his capture for political reasons.

[Edited on 12/14/03 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by DipSchnit

[/sarcasm]

If you dont agree or see the point made by poster then why do you reply? I'm sorry but not to offend you but I am getting a little disturbed by the fact that everyone preaches about sticking to topics and if replies dont support topics but instead critisize them, then replies shouldnt be given. I am finding that almost every post here lately seems to be getting off topic or a bashing from others.........and yes alot are from Mods too. Let people speak their opinions the same way that you would want to speak yours without lashing on them please, I think this would work for everyones best interest. Not telling you what to do but as a Mod I would think that you would support this as some of the other Mods in fact do. If I offended you I am sorry but I felt it needed to be said

and then THIS guy...

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[/sarcasm]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, this is a conspiracy related website dumbass

If you don't like what we talk about and complain then get the * outta here... KISS.. it's that simple.

=======================================

So, what you are both saying is that if there is a disenting opinion, it may not be posted? Get a friggin LIFE, people....Ever heard of FREE SPEACH!!!??? What are you, COMUNISTS???

Anyone, and I repeat ANYONE, has the right to refute ANYTHING they wish to here, as long as they abide by the rules. It's called DISCUSSION.....You are not abiding by the rules. Play nice and allow others their opinions, regardless of wether they align with yours or not!!!

Geeze...some peoples children......

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What ever the real deal is, its interesting that they have him in custody. I wonder what will happen next? Maybe they will find Osahma. I certainly believe the story the public gets is not total reality.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Aaaah yes, no doubt, we're really on ATS. I'm surprised it took so much time to see appearing that thread.

Back to the normality, that's what I like.

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
im happy they publicly got him because its a comfort for all the people that have thier families over there in Iraq For them now the and especially the ones that died "RIP" their deaths and sacrifices are not in vein

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well, I do agree with the DNA part...
It DOES take longer than 1 or 2 days !!!
Something is DEFINETLY not quite right here...

You got my respect.

[Edited on 15-12-2003 by Boris]

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Are you sure it takes longer than one or two days for DNA testing? We are talking about the government here, they have the best equipment possible.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join