It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teeth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Teeth are important for survival, in fact rotting teeth was the main "natural" cause of death for quite some time in history, not to mention the diseased teeth can be crippling. So my question to all survivalists is what are some natural ways of keeping your teeth healthy in the wild. And if they are beyond the point of repair....perhaps removal and/infection prevention. I had a vegeterian friend who lived out the wild for fun, to test his survival techs, for about 6 months every couple of years or so. He told me he did nothing to try and prevent tooth decay and he said his teeth where HEALTHIER and had less instances of bad breath.... he believes that toothpaste is a scam....any thoughts?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:40 PM
link   
You may want to check out this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know that there are some wild plants that can help...

www.pfaf.org...[]=Teeth

Not sure how reliable that source is but worth a look

I would recomend salt water (if no toothpaste is available)

CX

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 03:15 AM
link   
No real advice on this apart from what has been mentioned already, just wanted to say what a much neglected subject this can be in survival.

Don't forget, poor dental hygiene can be a major contributor to coronary heart disease, thats even if you are fit and healthy. Keeping your teeth in check means much more than shiny teeth!

Does'nt saliva help fight off plaque and the likes? I've heard that chewing gum can help with teeth cleaning as it produces more saliva, so surely you could get the same effect from chewing plants?

CX.

join