It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthlings from Mars

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I do not believe the Ape-Man evolution theory, while life evolved on this planet modern humans came from elsewhere. I think modern man came from Mars, there is now enough evidence that Mars once had inteligent life on its surface. The martians knew they were facing a global catastophy and knew that in order to survive some of them would have to leave the planet. Massive ark's were made that sailed off into space, at least one landed on Earth, these Martians now Earthlings seeded the Planet and gave us the Pyramids and many other advanced structures.

Our history is strewn with Myths and Legends of inteligent beings coming to the Earth and starting modern man's existance, from the Bible to foklore Alien beings are mentioned. Scientists looking for the missing link will never find it because it dose not exist. Mars was not destroyed Millions of years ago but in recent history, the Face is the Martian legacy that man once lived on that Planet. Much imformation on Mars is being withheld by NASA and others, they dont want us to now the truth. They know life existed on Mars thats why their planing to go there.

The Earth has an history of inteligent life springing up all over the Planet with no explanation of who these people were or how they came by their technology, there is no begining or pre history of them. Yet the legacy of these inteligent lifeforms is all over our Planet.

If we on Earth knew of a coming global disaster would we not plan for the future and try and get off this planet, one day traveling in space will be like taking a train ride. Would we not leave messages for those who may visit our dead world in the future.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I've been working on a theory that Adam and Eve were just an escape pod from a dead or dieing Mars. The only reason none of the technology got passed down is because the pod was not equiped to train them. If it had been planed say with a colonizing ship maybe Earth would look more like Corsucant, or another planet from Star Wars.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Wow, thats three of us with similar theories independent of eachother. Heres my original post! Life Explained

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
there is now enough evidence that Mars once had intelligent life on its surface.

OK Cool. So could you show us some of this undeniable evidence of intelligent life on Mars in it's past. I guess intelligent life, if it evolved there, would require a compatible eco system to sustain it along with numerous other species. I would love to see some information about that. If they were able to build interplanetary arks to get here and colonize, I would guess that they would have had to develop an industrial complex society. In that case, there should be some clear evidence of that on Mars. Roads, Factories, etc. Some people pointed to the supposed "Face" on Mars as evidence, but higher quality images have shown it to be just a natural formation. Besides, if they were so advanced why would a simple face be all that they left behind? I would love to see more information on the evidence of their existence. Perhaps you could look to the new Hi Resolution Images of Mars that are now available and not just the older fuzzy ones.

I was hoping that perhaps could you also explain the extensive fossil record of the evolution of Homo Sapiens. While you are on that subject perhaps you could also explain the known DNA evidence of Human evolution as it relates to our ancestors.

The Max-Planck Institute of Evolutionary Anthropology sequenced the DNA of Neanderthal Man and that might be a good place for you to start.

I look forward to learning more.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 10:03 AM
link   

If we on Earth knew of a coming global disaster would we not plan for the future and try and get off this planet, one day traveling in space will be like taking a train ride. Would we not leave messages for those who may visit our dead world in the future.

Yes! I totally agree we would. . . But we would also pass along the knowledge and physical evidence of our past life & journey from Mars to our decendants.

If we were that intelligent then how did we all of a sudden just "forget" about our ancient history on Mars?

How did we forget we built the pyramids & other structures? That we traversed space? What happened to all the technology?

. . . And then one day we just start painting things on cave walls & passing on legends of alien beings visiting the earth in the distant past???

According to your theory, they are not alien beings. They are "US" right? So how could this happen?

Even if the original Martians were "the lost civilization of Atlantis" let's say, and everything was destroyed in some cataclysmic event. Again, accoring to your theory the people left to tell the tales are still Martians! How do you explain this?

Did our ancestors have some strange need to erase all the memories of the past from us? Why? What purpose would this serve? They deemed it necessary for their race to deevolve for some reason?

I like the effort, and no offense, but at this juncture it's just not "stirring the Kool-Aid" for me, but what the heck do I know??? Anything is possible I guess. . .

Maybe with some of these questions answered it would be more appealing to me.

It is a cool concept Magicmushroom. I look forward to reading more of this thread. Keep up the good work.

Shouldn't this topic be more appropriate in Skunk Works though?

2PacSade-

[edit on 19-1-2007 by 2PacSade]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Thank you for the replies thus far. If the planet Earth was subjected to either a massive single bollide impact or multiple smaller ones the planet as we know it would be changed forever, the atmosphere may be stripped away, all life could be killed off and proof of our existence would be all but removed. The bulk of the worlds population and our habitats are below a thousand feet altitued. Massive tsunami's would scoure the land removing all trace of us, couple that with terra forming from volcanic activity then the Earth would be a very different place.

Mars shows all the signs of such an event and as with the above scenario little evidence would be left of inteligent existence. One cannot assume that if we faced such a catastrophy that all the smart people would survive to start life all over again or to escape the planet if we make plans to save some of us.

To those who doubt the images from Mars, well who's controlling the info, do you think we would be told the truth when the authorities continue to deny the exitence of alien life or UFO's. Knowledge is power and those in power want to control that knowledge especially if it involves making money.

With regard to our pre history the problem is that the facts aren't facts at all but accepted theories and idea's of those who claim to be experts. They try and make the evidence fit their theories and anything that dossent fit is discarded or hidden away, again its the knowledge is power situation.

One assumes that as our technologies advance we become smarter but how many modern people could survive in the natural environment, who knows how to hunt, grow crops, live off the land, cure illness and disease. The rality is that we loose skillsat the rate were going you will have kids who cannot write thier own name or do simple math in their heads

We have not forgot our history of coming from Mars, our recent history is strewn with myths and legends of those who came from the stars, but again the so called experts just scoff at this and call people cranks and nut jobs. Well if they cannot prove otherwise so maybe they should start taking notice of those myths and legends.

If we believe that the universe is teeming with life then one must accept that there must be all cycles of life out there and there will be life forms that will have the knowledge and means for travelling in space.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Myths and legends are great, but can you deny DNA evidence? Can you deny a fossil record?

I am all for speculation and inventive concepts, but you have to consider a great deal of evidence. If you choose to deny evidence then you are just playing the same games that you accuse "them" of doing. You claim "They" they are hiding evidence while you choose to ignore evidence. If you could fit in the evidence that is well established, along with your theories you would do much better.

I have yet to see any clear evidence of former intelligent life in Mars. I have done contract work on projects related to the Mars Rover Missions and other work with the Chandra Space Telescope team, and I have never gotten the feeling that the scientists and technicians were trying to hide anything from me. Most of the people working for NASA are not government politicians, but rather they are just like you and me. Skilled workers, engineers, machinists, physicists, and those with a strong desire to learn and to expand our knowledge.

it would be great if you added some substance to your theory that included what we do know, and then added to it with further evidence you have to support your idea. Simply claiming that "They" are hiding the truth while adding nothing just doesnt cut it.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hi terra, I dont deny any evidence, the problem is that people have just pieces of the jigsaw and are trying to say what the whole picture looks like. Its a fact of life that knowledge is kept from us, dose not Malin have 6 months to look at all the info coming fom Mars before its released to the public, why?

You, your colleagues and I would not be told of what was really going on on Mars, the images that are released are doctored images. Why when the quest is to search for life do so many experts come out of the woodwork to deny anomolus images on Mars. Look at it the other way round the Great wall of China can be seen in space, what would other lifeforms think when they observed this structure, signs of inteligence/natural structures, dont you think they would want to have a closer look especially when ther sole purpose of coming to the planet was to search for life.

And your right man has a thirst for knowledge and wants to know whats out there, but that is all controlled by the military/industrial complex, anything that can give the military and edge or line the pockets of the ones that control us will be kept secret from us.

Since discovering these structures on Mars more effort has been spent on denying them rather than trying to find out what they are, well thats the story for public consumption anyway. Many theories lack substance but are readily believed by the masses because they are the accepted view, therefore if the experts said we have a theory that Mars once had life then that theory would be accepted. Why have so many of the space probes we sent to Mars have gone missing, there does not seem to be any problems with the others we send off into deep space.

There is no proof of who built the pyramids, for what purpose or when but Eygptologists spend much time puting forward theories and carry out little experiments to say how it was done but thats not proof is it. How can one provide the proofs for Mars when just a few people are controlling the info supply, I would like nothing better for the truth to be told but thats not going to happen, if you were digging in your back garden and struck a vein of gold would you tell the newspapers?

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Some things to consider:

Mars is one-third the size of Earth. If homo sapiens evolved there, would we not have bodies that reflect that lower gravity? I have seen no fossil records of such beings here on Earth. I have seen a clearly defined evolutionary process reflected in fossil records indicating a terrestrial origin. There is no sudden "Jump" with unusual evolutionary changes what would indicate an outside source of origin. Homo Sapiens first left Africa 120,000 years ago. Given that, and the 5.3 million year evolutionary tree, where did "Mars Men" enter the picture?

Current estimates indicate that the majority of the water on Mars was frozen into the soil sometime about 2.8 billion years ago. As we are a water saturated species, how could we have evolved in such a dry place? Remember that the Earth, tomatoes, and humans are all about 75% water.

Humans have circadian rhythms that match our planet. Menstrual cycles, for example, perfectly match the Earths lunar cycle. Mars has two very small moons, more like captured asteroids or large rocks. Why did humans evolve with lunar cycles? If we came from Mars, we would not have any lunar cycles so we would not adapt ourselves to Earth moon cycles.

Ultra Violet Radiation is damaging to a number of key macromolecules, particularly DNA. As Mars never had sufficient atmosphere to filter out this harmful radiation, how did we survive?

The Idea of Martian ancestors is interesting, but there are too many holes in the theory that need to be filled.

[edit on 20-1-2007 by Terapin]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Yes , are you one of those who will jump off the cliff because others say its safe to do so?. What truths have you, none but those that are controlled by others with a vested interest not to tell you the truth. When the truth sreams so loud many will not hear it, you like so many others are conditioned to believe a particular story, Will you stand on the beach and say i dont believe the tsunami is coming till you can see it?

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
All I am asking for is more information that supports your theory. You seem to be avoiding that and I was also wondering about your thoughts on how your theory fits in with established evidence. If you can't add anything to support your theory then it remains just an opinion.

Are you claiming that fossil records and the Human genome are hoaxes?

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Oops bad posting....see below

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 08:03 PM
link   
But yet there is no evolution evident on Mars...the last activity of significance on the martian surface was billions of years ago.

jra

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 08:15 PM
link   
It is an interesting theory, one that i've thought about myself a little bit as well, but for the reasons Terapin has brought up, it makes it seem more unlikely. I have yet to see any evidence of past intelligent civilizations on Mars. I've seen websites that claim otherwise, but I don't buy it personally.

But still, it's a neat theory to think about anyway.

Why have so many of the space probes we sent to Mars have gone missing, there does not seem to be any problems with the others we send off into deep space.

A large number of the failed missions were launch failures and a lot of those happened in the 60's and 70's, and most of those failures were by the Russians. Also we've sent more probes to Mars then anywhere else (either that or the Moon, not sure), thus more failed missions to Mars. We've only sent 4 probes into deep space. Only one each specifically to Jupiter and Saturn and a few to Venus. So it's kind of hard to compare.

[edit on 20-1-2007 by jra]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Look at it the other way round the Great wall of China can be seen in space, what would other lifeforms think when they observed this structure, signs of inteligence/natural structures, don't you think they would want to have a closer look especially when their sole purpose of coming to the planet was to search for life.

Actually, the Great Wall can barely be seen from the space shuttle. At low altitudes, you can make out all sorts of man made objects but from space it is a different story. From the Moon you can't make out a thing.

The very clear high resolution images now coming down from Mars are quite amazing to see, Hi Rise images but they clearly show that the supposed Face on Mars is just a geological formation. If there was an advanced civilization on Mars in its recent past there would have to be much more evidence. We are now gathering images of Mars in High resolution that can even see small details such as rovers, and eventually we will have the entire planet imaged much like Google Earth. On Earth we have a great deal of ancient evidence of mans presence. An advanced society would leave behind even more evidence.

You suggest that Martians came to earth and are now us. Homo Sapiens evolved a relatively short time ago. In that span of time, since modern man appeared, there have been no massive bolide bombardments of Mars so there would have to be clear evidence of an advanced society on Mars such as cities.

People talk about the missing link a lot but it is misleading. We have a clear fossil record showing mans evolution. We even have Neanderthal DNA to compare to. Where do you propose that Martians entered the process?

If you can present your theory on Martian involvement in mankind's origins in a coherent manner with some details that fit in with the significant amount of evidence we have, then I would be willing to listen. I never close my mind to new concepts but I would be a fool to believe without evidence.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I've read before that if we were to vanish from Earth, after 50,000 years, there would be nothing left than a small scattering of archaeological remains to arguably show that there was ever a civilization on this planet. I'm sure the same holds true for Mars.

Did Martians begin humanoid life on Earth? I don't think so. Could they have come here and joined an Earth already inhabited by primitive humanoids? Plausible. If the relatively same conditions existed on both planets millions of years ago, it's possible life sprouted on both planets. And if the same "stuff" that made us made them too, there should be a resemblance. If they did come here to escape catastrophe, and bred with the locals out of necessity, it's possible that we might have a smidgen of Martian in us.

As for The Face... I think that the space agencies are very capable of manipulating graphics, and it would fit into their agenda to do so. Why is every photograph of interest held for months before being fed to the public?

Even if they didn't manipulate the photo of it, how is a giant face supposed to look after anywhere from 10's to 100's of thousands of years of deterioration? Like a no-doubt-about-it pristine face? Please. After all those years of crumbling and being battered by the elements, it would sort of look like a face. For reference, the pyramids and the sphynx would be rubble only 1000 years from now without their constant upkeep. So I'd say the face on Mars looks pretty much like I'd expect it to look nowadays, if that's what it was to begin with.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:04 AM
link   
i have heard theories with characteristics to this.

In one of Drunvalo Melchizedek lectures of the flower of life, he explains of a civilization that was similar to ours and how it was destroying the earth. He explains of how an "outside help" (which in this case would be ETs) came to the civilization to tell them something about themselves that would help the civilization with there problems. history repeats...

if your not familiar with the flower of life you check out Drunvalo Melchizedek lecture here

[edit on 1/21/2007 by BouvrE]

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by D_Hoffman
I've read before that if we were to vanish from Earth, after 50,000 years, there would be nothing left than a small scattering of archaeological remains to arguably show that there was ever a civilization on this planet. I'm sure the same holds true for Mars.

Conditions on Earth are very much different from on Mars. The Earth has active plate tectonics, volcanoes, earthquakes, a very active weather system, a very active bio system. All these things contribute to weathering and aging and can help obscure things over time. Mars does not have a molten core, no tectonic movement, no volcanoes, minimal weather, minimal if any bio systems. If Martians came to earth and became us it would have had to happen in the past 120,000 years which is about the time of modern humans evolution/arrival. Mars has been a dead planet for much longer. Almost no atmosphere, no surface water, no major geological movement for about 2 billion years. Other than some cratering it hasn't changed much since then. Do you propose that the entire surface of Mars has been changed due to cratering in the past 120,000 years? If that was the case, and there was such a significant amount of debris raining down on Mars, then there would also be signs of the same debris impacting on Earth. That isn't the case.

If the Martians were capable of creating a monolithic face, would that be the only thing they created? Would there not be other great works or cities? Perhaps not, but building such a huge monolith would also leave traces of its construction. Where did all the material come from? Hi Rez images of the supposed face show a weathered hill that looks nothing like a face except at certain angles when shot with a low quality camera. You can take blurry photos of almost anything and with the right lighting make it appear to be just about anything you want. On closer inspection they reveal their true nature as in the newer hi rez images of the "face." When people look at the moon they see "the man in the moon" facial image. We know this to be simply surface features and mans predisposition to visualize faces. Humans are prewired with facial recognition and people have seen faces in everything from tree bark to potato chips to the virgin Mary in a toasted cheese sandwich.

Apparently everyone here is willing to gloss over the fossil record of human evolution, and to ignore DNA data. I would love for someone to propose when the Martians entered the picture here on Earth and then to fit that in with the data. Perhaps it is easier to ignore DNA and fossil records simply to perpetuate a desire to believe in extraterrestrial origins. It would be better to address the known data and to fit it into a new theory, than to simply choose to ignore it.

I for one would love to see some more thought out input as it is an interesting proposal. Until someone isn't afraid to fit the pieces together, there isn't much to the Martian theory other than it being a fun story.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
thats quite an interesting way at looking at things but I continue to ffollow my relegion

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by D_Hoffman

Unless it all melted there would be a great abundance of styrafoam & plastic. They would think that "McDonald's" & "Burger King" were great rulers. . .

Here's a good question that I do not know the answer for;

Have any of the orbiters ever detected "junk" in the space around mars? If we evolved there, we would have had to at some point go through an infancy with respect to space travel. Wouldn't you expect to see the same "junk" orbiting Mars that we have in orbit around our planet? AND, If so then the stuff should last forever in space should it not? I think there's something on the order of @ 9000 object we track 24x7 orbiting the earth.
Again, I don't know if we've even had the capability of accomplishing such tasks. . .

Thanx for the replies MM. Good topic!

2PacSade-

top topics

<<   2 >>

join