It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The new MK5 weapon, changing caliber 9mm to .45 under 2 min.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Pretty impressive. Like to try my hands on it. Never heard of MK5, going to look it up.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Its an MP5K the K stands for the german word commando...I think..

This is not a one liner...

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well then the presenter said it wrong then. I knew its based on the MP5. Thought maybe he was showing a new improved model or something. He says it like "MP...MK5."

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Its an MP5K the K stands for the german word commando...I think..

This is not a one liner...

'Fraid not Devil! Wrong - again!

The weapon in question, is the bog standard H & K MP5A2 with collapsing shoulder stock. I know this, 'cause I have one and have used the MP5K on ops.

The 'K' in MP5K does not stand for commando, it stands for Kurz which, as everybody knows, is German for short.

The MP5K is the ideal conceal 'coat' gun favoured by various under cover SF troops that operated in NI but to be honest, using it in .45 calibre with a mag like that, it becomes a 'car' gun as you could never conceal that in a shoulder and belt holster rig!

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
'Fraid not Devil! Wrong - again!

The weapon in question, is the bog standard H & K MP5A2 with collapsing shoulder stock. I know this, 'cause I have one and have used the MP5K on ops.

The 'K' in MP5K does not stand for commando, it stands for Kurz which, as everybody knows, is German for short.

The MP5K is the ideal conceal 'coat' gun favoured by various under cover SF troops that operated in NI but to be honest, using it in .45 calibre with a mag like that, it becomes a 'car' gun as you could never conceal that in a shoulder and belt holster rig!

Trust an englishman to become sticky on details eh, bloody english...anyway we can both agree it is an MP5, not an MK5 ...what ever the hell that is...

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Devil, I am always happy to keep you on your toes.

Many thanks for calling me an Englishman. You are the first person to describe me as being English because everybody else, from the government to Gloucester City and County Council, regard me as being British.

But there again I am just being pedantic or am I just being sticky?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by fritz
Devil, I am always happy to keep you on your toes.

Many thanks for calling me an Englishman. You are the first person to describe me as being English because everybody else, from the government to Gloucester City and County Council, regard me as being British.

I call myself a scottish first and british second, personally I'd take being called english an insult but hey SOMEONE has to be from that side of the border...

But there again I am just being pedantic or am I just being sticky?

Personally I'd say your being annoying but hey what do you expect from an ex squaddie

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 06:20 PM
link   
wow been a while since I've posted here, but I still come on and see what's going on in the forums, but this caught my attention, that clip is sweet I wanted to post about it since I first saw it last week but didn't have the time, pretty awesome weapon there, wonder how the kick would be when fitted out for .45 did any of u guys get to check out the Magpul Masada i had to wipe the drool off my face when I saw it, sounds like a pretty good competitor for the FN scar, wonder how rugged it is in comparison though it has all the best from the xm8, g36 and fn scar.

here's is something new for u guys to drool over ssk 6.5 MPC looks to beat out the 6.5 grendel and 6.8 spf and very plausible replacement for both 5.56 and 7.62. here is the link......

www.defensereview.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
Trust an englishman to become sticky on details eh, bloody english...anyway we can both agree it is an MP5, not an MK5 ...what ever the hell that is...

... and then wait for the German to clear things up

The weapon in question indeed is a "MK5" by the company "Professional Arms". It is, quite openly, a copy/adaption of the HK MP5 (not the MP5K), with the added capability for caliber change and some minor bells and whistles.

top topics

join