It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origin of Reptilians

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen

Check with your local Orthodox, Sephardic Rabbi at the Yeshiva, Kollel, for full explanation...they teach it as Reptilian...so tradition is there.

Peace

dAlen

i always thought that seraph is an angel with 6 winges "wearing" a human form. and i dont know any rabbi or yeshiva or kollel... lol.
if you have some link to that, please share.

[edit on 18-1-2007 by DeMitsuko]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeMitsuko

Check with your local Orthodox, Sephardic Rabbi at the Yeshiva, Kollel, for full explanation...they teach it as Reptilian...so tradition is there.

Peace

dAlen

i always thought that seraph is an angel with 6 winges "wearing" a human form. and i dont know any rabbi or yeshiva or kollel... lol.
if you have some link to that, please share.

[edit on 18-1-2007 by DeMitsuko]

I didnt mean to come across in a rude manner.
After re-reading what I wrote, it appeared that way, so I edited it.

Im just extremely tired. (Been sick all week)

If I get around to finding more detailed info that can help clarify this...I will try to post it. (I have the source on CD, just have to dig it out...) Im curious now to remember what he said about it in detail.

Anyway...

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   

I didnt mean to come across in a rude manner.
After re-reading what I wrote, it appeared that way, so I edited it.

no it wasn't rude i just find it funny that people dont understand the life in israel. most of the people is secular. and i've been to a synagogue maybe twice in my life so you said your "local orthodox rebbi... ". and im like "hmmm i only see rabbis in american movies." LOL.

Im just extremely tired. (Been sick all week)

If I get around to finding more detailed info that can help clarify this...I will try to post it. (I have the source on CD, just have to dig it out...) Im curious now to remember what he said about it in detail.

Anyway...

Peace

dAlen

ok i want to see this, im very interested with bible conspiracies. thanks.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   

no it wasn't rude i just find it funny that people dont understand the life in israel. most of the people is secular. and i've been to a synagogue maybe twice in my life so you said your "local orthodox rebbi... ". and I'm like "hmmm i only see rabbis in american movies." LOL.

Actually, I understand your point.
I hear about the goings on in Israel on a frequent basis from an Israeli, just didn't know you were Israeli, etc.

Since your in Israel, Im sure you could talk to some different rabbis, it would be interesting to see what they think. Talk to a chassidic, sephardi, better yet...find one that studies/teaches Kabbalah. (again, if your not observant they aren't going to start you off with Kabbalah, but at least they should answer your question concerning the fiery reptilian.) If enough disagree, then I have a unique source.
(Though all the rabbis and rebbes I meet seem pretty connected to the ones in Israel.)

Enough...I am tired, I have to rest.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
yeah I never got the sumerian "reptilian" thing either. I don't see reptiles when I look at sumerian depictions of their gods. Almost all sumerian gods look like humans except they are depicted much larger. Maybe to show their signifigance.

Enki and his clan's symbol was a serpent and were depicted as snakes with wings (the medical staff symbol is derived from Enki's ancient symbol) but that doesn't mean evil reptiliods.

I don't believe so either. Reptoids (or snake people) have been depicted throughout history in the myths of Indigenous peoples from African to North America for thousands of years. The idea of Reptoids as evil enslavers of man isn't a new one either since some myths stated that people were fed to the "dragon-men" but I think recently the myth has been dusted off and refurbished by people like Icke(sp?), he certainly should not be credited for creating the notion though.

Also keep in mind, there are more positive depictions of reptoids in myth than negative and the snake is considered a source of wisdom by many cultures.

Look at the Eden myth. It was the snake that actually wanted to EDUCATE us, not keep us blinded by ignorance.

There were Reptile depictions of Sumerian gods though and a number of strange figurines. I believe they were usually buried with the dead, and some speculate it was for protection against evil spirits.

Check this out:

[edit on 18-1-2007 by lee anoma]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I've been raised in the Catholic tradition, and never in my whole life I have heard of "Seraphims" angels described as reptiles.

I have visited tens of churches, some of them more than a thousand year old, in my home country (Spain) and across all Europe, and never seen any religious art representing any kind of angel (much less Seraphims) as reptiles.

I also don't remember any Bible passage describing reptiles (with the exception of the snake in Adan and Eve).

Were does this stuff come from?

[edit on 18-1-2007 by Celtibero]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Actually, I understand your point.
I hear about the goings on in Israel on a frequent basis from an Israeli, just didn't know you were Israeli, etc.

my mistake. i should put israel in the avatar.

Since your in Israel, Im sure you could talk to some different rabbis, it would be interesting to see what they think. Talk to a chassidic, sephardi, better yet...find one that studies/teaches Kabbalah. (again, if your not observant they aren't going to start you off with Kabbalah, but at least they should answer your question concerning the fiery reptilian.) If enough disagree, then I have a unique source.
(Though all the rabbis and rebbes I meet seem pretty connected to the ones in Israel.)

Enough...I am tired, I have to rest.

Peace

dAlen

ill try to find some answers to this. maybe i'll ask my friends if they know anyone religious. and fyi kabbalah have a bad rep here so ill stay away from them and what they say... they do not represent the true jewish mysticism.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:05 PM
link   
The idea of reptilians has been around a long time but i dont know the origin.
I recall a kids show i watched as a kid called Land of the Lost. Their enemies were reptilion, i think they were called the sleestack..lmao i cant believe i remember that lame a** show

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Celtibero
I've been raised in the Catholic tradition, and never in my whole life I have heard of "Seraphims" angels described as reptiles.

Were does this stuff come from?

[edit on 18-1-2007 by Celtibero]

Good point, where does it come from.

Here I am posting after 10, tired as can be...

If I ever get around to digging in my CD archives, and actually listening to them again...and if there is actually more I can add to the subject - more than "the rabbi said such and such" - then I will try to do so.

But until then,
It has to be on the net somewhere, who knows.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK
The ONLY mentioning of reptillians are from modern times by the "crazys".
And i'm sure some of them "crazys" will post here in this very thread babbling on about a load of bull s**t.
I'm sure a "crazy" will have some thing entertaining to say.

I can't speak for the "crazies" but you should seriously check out the ancient myths of indigenous peoples like the Hopi, Zulu, Aborigines, even some sects in India to name a few.

They have elaborate stories regarding Reptoids (reptile or snake men) that existed LONG before the birth of Icke's ideas.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

ill try to find some answers to this. maybe i'll ask my friends if they know anyone religious. and fyi kabbalah have a bad rep here so ill stay away from them and what they say... they do not represent the true jewish mysticism.

I totally understand about the Kabbalah Center.
Personally I dont have anything against them. To each their own.

But, in regards to the info I provided, it may help to talk to an orthodox rabbi who studies what you would call "traditional" jewish mysticism.
Im not sure how easy it is to find...one guy I talk to said a real Kabbalist is hard to find, but anyway.

I guess my whole point, I was trying to add to Hanks thread, was that the idea of Reptilians have been in the minds, and imaginations of people for centuries...and that its not a new fad David Icke brought up.

He collected works, came up with a theory...and made money selling his books.
(I have even bought some. Fun read.
)

But anyway...

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

yeah I never got the sumerian "reptilian" thing either. I don't see reptiles when I look at sumerian depictions of their gods. Almost all sumerian gods look like humans except they are depicted much larger. Maybe to show their signifigance.

Enki and his clan's symbol was a serpent and were depicted as snakes with wings (the medical staff symbol is derived from Enki's ancient symbol) but that doesn't mean evil reptiliods.

I don't believe so either. Reptoids (or snake people) have been depicted throughout history in the myths of Indigenous peoples from African to North America for thousands of years. The idea of Reptoids as evil enslavers of man isn't a new one either since some myths stated that people were fed to the "dragon-men" but I think recently the myth has been dusted off and refurbished by people like Icke(sp?), he certainly should not be credited for creating the notion though.

Also keep in mind, there are more positive depictions of reptoids in myth than negative and the snake is considered a source of wisdom by many cultures.

Look at the Eden myth. It was the snake that actually wanted to EDUCATE us, not keep us blinded by ignorance.

There were Reptile depictions of Sumerian gods though and a number of strange figurines. I believe they were usually buried with the dead, and some speculate it was for protection against evil spirits.

Check this out:

Hank these are the pics of sumerian reptiles that i was on about^^^^^^

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Back in 1983-1985 there was a movie and TV series called V (which is where I get my avatar from BTW) it was about reptile aliens doing a fascist take over of the world. They were freezing humans and eating them. Sort of a low budget show some times you can see the mic booms and they loop some scenes as to make them longer.
Pretty cool show to watch, not educational but entertaining none the less.
That was the first I had ever heard of reptile aliens. Then I heard about David Icke and his views but I'm not to sure I agree with him who knows though. I didn't know any one believed in reptile aliens in todays world until I seen Icke.

I recomend checking at least the movie out it's quaility was better than the TV series.

Raist

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   

The ONLY mentioning of reptillians are from modern times by the "crazys".
And i'm sure some of them "crazys" will post here in this very thread babbling on about a load of bull s**t.
I'm sure a "crazy" will have some thing entertaining to say.

I can't speak for the "crazies" but you should seriously check out the ancient myths of indigenous peoples like the Hopi, Zulu, Aborigines, even some sects in India to name a few.

They have elaborate stories regarding Reptoids (reptile or snake men) that existed LONG before the birth of Icke's ideas.

Well said. There´s many interesting accounts in these myths, people tend to bash Icke for digging all this stuff out. I guess they rather have it left alone and not disturb their "bubble".

I cannot ignore this subject no more than I can ignore the UFO-conspiracy or the 911-conspiracy. There´s so many accounts throughout history.

What I´d like to know is when the first modern day accounts started to spread. Does it reach back into the 1980´ies? I know that Lady Diana (supposedly) made some interesting comments to her closest confidant, Christine Fitzgerald. This was about the Windsors not being Human at all, rather Lizards! Offcourse this is "1996´ish"...

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Check this out:

Hank these are the pics of sumerian reptiles that i was on about^^^^^^

Yeah dude, that's why I posted them.

There were also carved pictures of Reptile-looking Bird people in the same manner as the giant human depictions.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:33 PM
link   

The only people i say could have brought about the reptillians are the Sumerians. Only because they have figurines that imo look like reptillians(annunhaki).

They're called "cthonic figures" and they're not the only civilization with them. The cthonic deities/figures, however, are NOT part of the Annunaki. The Annunaki are completely human -- according to the original Sumerian source texts.

So it's my guess that people have been looking at ancient Sumerian relics and seen reptillian like figurines-then stories and such arise of the "reptillian menace thats going to enslave humanity" ,or something like that

No, the folks who are into reptilians are pretty unaware of the cthonic images (other than the few they select as proof) and are completely unaware of context.

I think Hank may have something... that it started about the time of the Godzilla movies. "Laserblast" also featured a reptilian bad guy, as did one episode of "Star Trek"... all in the early 1960's. As far as I know, the first mention was with the alleged "Dulce Base" information back in the 1970's.

Answers.com mentions a sighting in 1969 (a few years after the Star Trek episode) but it's unclear what the aliens looked like (greys or reptoids):
www.answers.com...

Great question, though!

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
You're famous now Hank after last night's broadcast

Anyway, i didn't think you of all people would be starting a topic about reptilians... Whats the go?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Hank, there are the Sepherim.
Those are fiery reptilians angels that serve "God".
Its Jewish and Christian. (the latter is not as familiar, but its there)

So the Bible can be one source, Im sure others sources will be pointed out also.

(For those needing reference, ask your local Sephardic Rabbi...meaning, Im not coming up with some idea off the top of my head for those not familar with this.
)

The Jewish tradition doesn't have any reptilian firey angels, nor are the seraphim described as reptiles. They are described as humans with four faces -- read the bible for youself and you'll see this is so.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I remember reading that the figurines you just pointed out were supposed to be creations of the annunaki to help the annunaki. Personal assistants, but robotic somehow. They were supposedly contraptions not the actual annunaki (the figurines). The annunaki were depicted in lots of different configurations.

They had half man half scaled fish depictions too. Are those sea serpents/reptoids. Or are they just associating the gods with animals that they share traits with. Enki and his clan like water. Depict him as half fish to show he is associated with water.

The annunaki that could fly were depicted as eagle men with wings (some people say they look like reptiles with wings, I say they look like bird men)

The egptian god horus is depicted as a flacon cause he was supposedly able to fly around in his celestial boat and view his land.

Lots of different cultures have winged serpent gods. Could there really be winged serpent aliens running the show. Or where the depictions a conglomeration of various associations the gods had, a symbol or trademark.

ENki was depicted as a serpent. ENki also had the ability to get around so they depict him as a serpent with wings. Other sumerian and babylonian gods as well as egyptian ones depict sun discs with wings. Are there orb aliens with wings that compose the annunaki and run mankind?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I remember reading that the figurines you just pointed out were supposed to be creations of the annunaki to help the annunaki. Personal assistants, but robotic somehow. They were supposedly contraptions not the actual annunaki (the figurines). The annunaki were depicted in lots of different configurations.

I think you mean THESE figurines were the robots. They were shorter statues and had large eyes. These were associated with the now popular Greys and were thought to be a representation of the Annunaki assistants or "robots".

The other figurines were reportedly found buried in tombs. They were more reptilian in appearance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join