It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origin of Reptilians

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I have a quick question about the Reptilians.

Does anyone have factual information on the first mentionings of Reptilians? I am not refering to any ancient texts that might be manipulated into being the popular concepts, but the first mentioning of these Reptilians in the current era.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The ONLY mentioning of reptillians are from modern times by the "crazys".
And i'm sure some of them "crazys" will post here in this very thread babbling on about a load of bull s**t.
I'm sure a "crazy" will have some thing entertaining to say.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK
And i'm sure some of them "crazys" will post here in this very thread babbling on about a load of bull s**t.

Mayhap, but I am interested in where the 'crazys' got their ideas. FOr instance, there was a television program called 'V' back in the day, and I was wondering if the current ideas were spawned from that or from some of the pulp magazines where the ideas of 'greys' solidified.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The only people i say could have brought about the reptillians are the Sumerians. Only because they have figurines that imo look like reptillians(annunhaki). So it's my guess that people have been looking at ancient Sumerian relics and seen reptillian like figurines-then stories and such arise of the "reptillian menace thats going to enslave humanity" ,or something like that

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 11:57 AM
link   

The only people i say could have brought about the reptillians are the Sumerians. Only because they have figurines that imo look like reptillians(annunhaki). So it's my guess that people have been looking at ancient Sumerian relics and seen reptillian like figurines-then stories and such arise of the "reptillian menace thats going to enslave humanity" ,or something like that

I'm willing to bet that these guys were reading Ray Bradbury before they were studying the Sumerians. Perhaps the interest in the Sumerians came from their interest in Sci-Fi.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
[I'm willing to bet that these guys were reading Ray Bradbury before they were studying the Sumerians. Perhaps the interest in the Sumerians came from their interest in Sci-Fi.

I subscribe your point of view. In my opinion, all this reptilian affair is just plain bad science-fiction mixed with a scoop of Dungeon & Dragons. Anyway, does anybody have a picture to one of this summerian statues that resembles, even if remotely, a reptilian? (and no egyptian deities, please)

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Don't know if this helps or not, but HP Lovecraft wrote a story in 1921 called "The Nameless City", about an ancient city somewhere on the Arabian peninsula populated by crocodile-like beings. If there's an earlier reference to "reptilians" in the modern era, I'm not familiar with it.

Read it here.

This is probably too obvious, but actually, Wikipedia has a pretty good article about this topic here-

en.wikipedia.org...

[Edit to add] Actually Edgar Rice Burroughs wrote a series about the hollow Earth beginning in 1915. Pellucidar. Populated by a variety of humanoid races, including a reptilian one.

Big pulp fiction fan. The genre, not just the movie.

[edit on 1/18/2007 by yeahright]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
That is a pretty good find, yeahright. This is at the very LEAST steer me in the direction I was hoping to go, and at the very most of hopefulness, it will answer a good bulk of my questions.

After having skimmed through the wiki article, I saw that there is reference to the Dinosauroid, the idea of which has always fascinated me.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Has anyone ever heard of Credo Mutwa... yes I agree some of the associations, especially surrounding Icke are a bit kooky. but i found some of Credo's revelations and studies of African ET contacts compelling. Many involve ancient Annunaki which were considered Lizard men by the Africans who in part are descendants of the Sumerian legacy.

an interview regarding this:
www.metatech.org...

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
yeah I never got the sumerian "reptilian" thing either. I don't see reptiles when I look at sumerian depictions of their gods.

Almost all sumerian gods look like humans except they are depicted much larger. Maybe to show their signifigance. the egyptians did the smae thing. The gods were said to be fair skined and with blond hair and blue eyes. Not talking about aryan stuff here. The local sumerians were called the blackheaded people by the gods cause they had black hair and stood out as different from the gods.

Sometimes they depicted their gods as a half man half fish, sometimes as a winged man just like an angel. Enki and his clan's symbol was a serpent and were depicted as snakes with wings (the medical staff symbol is derived from Enki's ancient symbol) but that doesn't mean evil reptiliods.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Hank, there are the Sepherim.
Those are fiery reptilians angels that serve "God".
Its Jewish and Christian. (the latter is not as familiar, but its there)

So the Bible can be one source, Im sure others sources will be pointed out also.

(For those needing reference, ask your local Sephardic Rabbi...meaning, Im not coming up with some idea off the top of my head for those not familar with this.
)

Peace

dAlen

[edit on 18-1-2007 by dAlen]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
So at what part in our history do we start to believe that the reptilians are part of a conspiracy against humans?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   

The problem is, it comes from religous text.
As pointed out in my above post. Most people in the religion dont ever get into all the nitty gritty details of things.

But, as I said, fiery reptilian angels are with God according to Judaism and Christianity.
(At least from the Bible. Sepherim.) Again, a rabbi would/should know this...a pastor probably wont have a clue. (no offence, but the Christians I know, dont know much about things in the old testament.)

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by HankMcCoy
So at what part in our history do we start to believe that the reptilians are part of a conspiracy against humans?

Interesting.
If you follow the Judaic tradition and say, "o.k. sepherim were fiery reptilians".
Then start to question the nature of the "Elohim" (gods - plural) they serve.

Your interpretation on the events of Genesis are open for debate then, and I guess you could say at the start of creation.

Genesis is understood on 4 levels in Judaism (whereas Christians take it for face value).
P.R.D.S.
In the light of the above statement, a lot is open for interpretation. (that statement isn't a rabbinical one.
)

Peace

dAlen

- this thread deals with one potential 'theory' when playing off of certain ideas.
Have fun with it, never take things to serious, and dismiss or believe to quickly.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dAlen

Interesting.
If you follow the Judaic tradition and say, "o.k. sepherim were fiery reptilians".
Then start to question the nature of the "Elohim" (gods - plural) they serve.

what is sephirim? is this in hebrew?
and elohim is not necessarily plural... it ends with a plural pronunciation but doesnt have to be.
most (if not all) of the reference to god in the bible in hebrew describes god as one. in hebrew the verb is also pluralized and when refering god in the hebrew bible they referred to him as one.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeMitsuko
what is sephirim? is this in hebrew?
and elohim is not necessarily plural... it ends with a plural pronunciation but doesnt have to be.
most (if not all) of the reference to god in the bible in hebrew describes god as one. in hebrew the verb is also pluralized and when refering god in the hebrew bible they referred to him as one.

I understand your point about Elohim. But the topic of God in Judaism really is a lengthy one. Not all that cut and dry. (I have started in my ATS blog talking about this whole concept of God. Not something you can really talk about/type about, in one sitting...)

Sephirim is a type of angel - one of Gods high angels too.
And they happen to be fiery reptilian.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
maybe it was the aztecs who were visited by the reptillian god Quetzlcoatl maybe it was just imagination or an aincent visit from a reptillian alien who knows

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:50 PM
link   

I understand your point about Elohim. But the topic of God in Judaism really is a lengthy one. Not all that cut and dry. (I have started in my ATS blog talking about this whole concept of God. Not something you can really talk about/type about, in one sitting...)

i just wanted to make it clear because its a common misconception among none hebrew speakers that elohim is plural in hebrew...

Sephirim is a type of angel - one of Gods high angels too.
And they happen to be fiery reptilian.

Peace

dAlen

oh you mean "Seraphim". the hebrew meaning of seraph is "angel". nothing reptilian. i even think its an angel with 6 wings, not sure.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeMitsuko

oh you mean "Seraphim". the hebrew meaning of seraph is "angel". nothing reptilian. i even think its an angel with 6 wings, not sure.

My apologies. Im a bit tired right now. (long week.
)

But suffice it to say, some rabbi(s) are teaching that they are fiery reptilians.
Does it matter? Only in the sense that this reptilian thing seems to be steeped in various traditions, and doesnt appear to be just a new fad.

Even with David Icke, hes pulling material from older teachings/thoughts.

Peace

dAlen

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
One thing i read suggested that the reptilians had something to do with the dinosaurs and mutation, due to a cosmic event...

IMO i don't buy the reptilian thing. Whilst i believe there is other life out there, in this dimension and others, i think the lizard thing is Icke (and others) getting their evidence a bit mixed up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join