It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How concerned are you about the FBI's warning?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 08:11 PM
link   
are terrorist planning an attack on american soil going to be on the holidays or new year?

I NEED BLOOD

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 09:30 PM
link   
just want to know what the i need blood is about if anyone can tell me

posted on Nov, 16 2002 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It is his signature; a link to his site.

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It's a very unclear topic. Is this "concern" about the content of the warnings; or "concern" that the warnings are being issued, and very frequently?

If the former -very little: anthrax to-day, exploding sneakers to-morrow - and precious little evidence to suggest that the FBI would/could do much about it.

As to the latter, very concerned -if only on the "Cry wolf" basis that it may make people indifferent.
Or, it may invite heaven knows what skulduggery to manipulate public opinion and limit individual freedoms without the tiresome necessity of an electoral mandate.

I think someone should start a site devoted to the informed exploration of governmental conspiracies.

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 02:20 AM
link   
had there been a warning a little over a year ago that plane might be flown into building would we have taken it seriously? We might not take it all that seriously if we were warned that a suitcase nuke was about to go off - until a city is wiped out. A warning in and of itself might also be a deterrent, meaning that if they know we know maybe �they� wont act out. The longer we go w/ out a major attack the more I am concerned and if there is no attack I believe that we just may be winning the war on terror at this very moment in time. I know a lot of us here are 'anti-government' and all - but there are a lot of those evil 'feds' who really do want to protect us - don't underestimate the good guys.

posted on Nov, 17 2002 @ 02:36 AM
link   
A good question, and you must ask yourself is the reason we won't heed warning going to be the "Don't Cry Wolf" reason or the "FIRE!" reason?

Mine is the "FIRE!" reason.

The "Don't Cry Wolf" reason is or should be obvious enough, after enough "warnings" (and we've had plenty) you lose concern and stop paying attention.

The "FIRE!" one may be a little less obvious, it deals with psychology of how a person acts in a fire.

Contrary to popular belief, people rarely panic in fire situation. In fact it is just the opposite. If you were to scream Fire in a crowded theater and then run out, chances really are that the people will continue to shove popcorn in their faces.

Numourous studies have concluded this, among some of the most famous is the "arson" study. Where they paid a few kids to go into a store and light a fire in one of the item racks. They left and the rack burst into flames and the camera of the store caught the fact that people in the line NOTICED the rack was on fire, but nobody spoke up to tell the person in back, the store owner. They simply talked to themselves about if they should, and as if THAT wasn't enough, then a mother and her two children entered, she paused a moment seeing the flaming rack, but then shrugged it off and "avoided" it but continued to try and buy what she was after.

This is a common problem and it goes for ALL warnings.

We all have a prescribed habit of sorts, and it is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to break yourself out of. This is why the the Subways in Japan rotate their worker's postition every hour randomly, to keep them alert so if there were a fire they'd immediately respond to it. Rather then sit there and think it's nothing.

It has to do with the lack of imediate danger, as with fire, terrorist warnings lack imediate dangers. In a fire situation usually it starts small, stays the same a short bit, then explodes out of control before anyone could have done anything. Same with terrorism, you are warned, you follow your routine ignoring the warning, then it really happens and you think to yourself, woooo that was a close one, I better be more prepared. But because of the HUGE amount of time between attacks, you never actually prepare. You panic and buy stupid crap like gas masks, and then forget about them.

Well anyways...I made this longer then I had to but Fire Psychology is pretty funny
although deadly

Anyways...I'm the "FIRE!" person, I am not changing my routine just so I can be a bit safer from "terrorists"

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 18 2002 @ 10:21 AM
link   
freemason

you say that the fire is safer than crying wolf but why even cried out be a patriot and stand out for you must protect the given freedom of life,liberty,and freedom.

posted on Nov, 19 2002 @ 08:43 PM
link   
they make sooooooooooooo many warnings no 1 cares

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The gap between attacks has got a strategic purpose. By constantly informing public of up coming attacks they wearing us out, people live in fear and when the next strike arrives everyone will beg bush implant chips and increase security.

I think the next attack will carry this reinforcement - verdi chips.
It could be trains for example, and they will say no profane will ever board train if we have chips in the security system.

[Edited on 20-11-2002 by Tyler]

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I would be concerened if the warnings were more specific.When they say there might be a terrorist attack somewhere in the world,I just kinda shake my head.I wonder why they even bother,since the warnings are useless.And it has gotten to the point that nobody pay's attention now.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 11:20 AM
link   
When hundred thousands of people will start dying, public will pay attention to every sound they make.

posted on Nov, 20 2002 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Also consider that there have been links from some of these attacks that lead straight to the US Government for supplying training, equipment & *protection* to terrorist groups...If you want specific URL's to such terrorist-to-USGovernment links, merely troll these boards.

So it's not a matter of *if* people start dying, it's a matter of *when*. The Government *wants* to create that fear, *wants* to acheive that control...And they manipulate people & events to get it.

Most American Citizens are more concerned about what they're saying to us rather than trying to find out what they're trying to keep hidden...Even though the evidence comes out & slaps them in the face once in a while.

new topics

top topics

join