It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

US Intelligence believes China tested anti-sat Weapon

page: 3
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
China = free pass
They can do whatever they want because everyone wants their money/cheap products. I don't hate or fear China, but I wouldn't mind if Wal-Mart/China-Mart would say "you launch another missile and we pull out". Of course Wal-Mart has about as many scruples as China.

The debris from that satellite explosion is what worries me more than the actual missle launch. I think there's probably 20 other countries in this world that could do the same thing China did if they tried.


It's amazing that the anti-space weapons people aren't posting under this topic but were all over the US when they came out with their space policy in the fall. Where are all the outrage posts...or were those posts just an excuse to complain about the US?

Hello? Where are you "no weapons in space" posters?




posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The answer to does this threaten US GPS satellites the answer is no. They are far too high an orbit for this 2,500 km max range missile.

As for political ramifications - not much...it won't disrupt US-Chinese relations it'll merely vendicate our actions.

It is not "set up by the Bush Administration" as China claimed and the US verified. So China is claiming they can.



posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atomic
China = free pass



It's amazing that the anti-space weapons people aren't posting under this topic but were all over the US when they came out with their space policy in the fall. Where are all the outrage posts...or were those posts just an excuse to complain about the US?

Hello? Where are you "no weapons in space" posters?


Well my standard answer to that is that the left in this country is a bunch of self hating marxists themselves, and probably is quite proud of China for it's technological prowess. Of course the US having such a capability is warmongering, and agressive, against the peaceful people of the world. The hipocricy is mind-blowing. They did the same thing during the Cold War, where it was ok to them if the Soviet Union gained nuclear and general military superiority, but we were evil if we tried to buy the weapons necessary to defend ourselves from the Soviets.

You know where this is all going don't you?
Taiwan is in China's gunsites, and the US is the primary obsticle to that goal of taking back their renagade provence


[edit on 21-1-2007 by Hiphar]



posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreiMaurer
The answer to does this threaten US GPS satellites the answer is no. They are far too high an orbit for this 2,500 km max range missile.

As for political ramifications - not much...it won't disrupt US-Chinese relations it'll merely vendicate our actions.

It is not "set up by the Bush Administration" as China claimed and the US verified. So China is claiming they can.


actually all US spy satelites fly on the same orbit as chinese weather satelites so that you know, so I don't think US satelites are safe anymore.



posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hiphar
Well my standard answer to that is that the left in this country is a bunch of self hating marxists themselves, and probably is quite proud of China for it's technological prowess. Of course the US having such a capability is warmongering, and agressive, against the peaceful people of the world. The hipocricy is mind-blowing. They did the same thing during the Cold War, where it was ok to them if the Soviet Union gained nuclear and general military superiority, but we were evil if we tried to buy the weapons necessary to defend ourselves from the Soviets.

You know where this is all going don't you?
Taiwan is in China's gunsites, and the US is the primary obsticle to that goal of taking back their renagade provence


[edit on 21-1-2007 by Hiphar]


You should have seen my other thread where certain people launched personal attacks on me that didnt refute my point. Appearently when one makes such a claim as you did certain members of this forums will say you are absurd! even though it is the reality and status quo. China didnt do this for any other reason other than as a possible counter against the US. And the they would have no reason to knock out a US satellite unless the US and China are in war and US would never attack China. However US has a defense pact with Taiwan since the 1950s but however again certain people claim by connecting the dots and looking at the obvious it is an ABSURD CLAIM. Lol....but certain people think China has a right to defend itself because Taiwan doesnt and the US comes to its aid then attacking US forces will be defending China. That is the reality of Chinese ASATs. I know .... such an absurd claim....lets all blind fold ourselves and say China didn't do this to saber rattle at the US.

The real question is will this technology be exported to Iran through Pakistan like China did with everything else? The real threat is if Iran can say HEY! WE CAN DO THAT TOO! in 5 years or something.



posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Does this really surprise anyone, I mean really? Look at it in this context... China used an anti ballistic missile to do this from what I understand. Now they really might not have any real plans to develop an anti sat. weapon, then again they may, either way after bush minor claimed that America has the right to deny anyone access to space that it deems a threat... (a claim that is supremely arrogant and short sighted if you ask me but what else is new from that moron?) do you think that any power worth its salt, especially one with a space program, is going to let that pass without some form of challenge? I fully expect to see more acts like this from other countries with space programs now. They really have no choice.

Call Iran... Call North Korea... he's at it again! Way to go shrub provoking the very responses we don't want, AGAIN!

[edit on 19-1-2007 by grover]


Well actually theres many space faring or those capable of space faring nations that dont possess ASATs that could develope it but simply dont choose to as they dont see the US as a strategic threat. China's neighboor Japan can develope ASATs if they wanted to probably within months as they have a space program and many people think if they wanted to they can develope nukes too within months and they possess the knowledge for it but they dont choose to. France and England dont possess ASATs they feel no need to. Countries like Brazil, Canada, Australia, Israel, Germany possess the know to to produce ASATs of the american kind the ones launched by F-15s are much more efficient and economical for those nations than building a ICBM program to put an ASAT vehicle on it. But they choose not to as they dont view the US as a threat and neither does the US view their intentions with suspicion. Those countries I listed could also develope nukes and ground based ASATs on ICBMs as well very quickly but choose not to for the same reason.

So its not Bush provoking China, China would have done it with our without Bush as the strategic interests of China are threatened by the US with bases strung along your coastlines. Only countries that could persue this are other countries that view the US as a threat, maybe North Korea, it would be very logical for them to as their working on their going from their short range SCUD technologies to medium range. Iran is a step behind North Korea but would love to have these to brag and turn the heat up on Washington even more.



[edit on 21-1-2007 by pilotshinjiikaru]



posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by K_galmine

Originally posted by FreiMaurer
The answer to does this threaten US GPS satellites the answer is no. They are far too high an orbit for this 2,500 km max range missile.

As for political ramifications - not much...it won't disrupt US-Chinese relations it'll merely vendicate our actions.

It is not "set up by the Bush Administration" as China claimed and the US verified. So China is claiming they can.


actually all US spy satelites fly on the same orbit as chinese weather satelites so that you know, so I don't think US satelites are safe anymore.


GPS satellites are in HEO and way out of the reach of 'this' missile launch.
Only photo imaging recon sats in LEO are in danger.
This includes gathering intel for various purposes: electronic(terrain mapping etc) and human eyes..



posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   
STAR WARS is the future !

As information would be the first valuable thing in a war, killing satellites would be the first thing to do if you ever want to prevent the enemy from gathering intel. The Chinese have just shown they are capable of taking out US sats as well as US forces are able to kill satellites either with F15 (some of them are designed to do this) or by missiles.

As the wolrd falls asleep, I wonder if we'll wake up someday.



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join