It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airport Security at its best: 9 yr old makes it to texas with no papers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Runaway boy, 9, sneaks on to two planes, makes it to Texas

Source

LAKEWOOD, Wash. -- A 9-year-old boy with a history of stealing cars and running away sneaked on to a plane bound for Texas, getting caught only after flubbing an airport connection, officials said.

Fourth-grader Semaj Booker apparently found a Southwest Airlines boarding card and made it through airport security Monday, hopping two separate flights but landing in San Antonio, Tex. -- short of his Dallas destination, police said.

"We're looking into it," Southwest spokesman Beth Harbin said. ...

Easy to point fingers but that will lead nowwhere, the question is what measures will be taken to fill the holes this scenario presented....

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:25 AM
link   
anyone watch home alone 2?

edit extend the one liner
when he runs into the check in assistant

[edit on 18-1-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Wow, a 9 year old kid sneaking on planes, stealing cars, etc. How can a kid be so bad at 9? I wonder why he was trying to get to Dallas....

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Wow, a 9 year old kid sneaking on planes, stealing cars, etc. How can a kid be so bad at 9? I wonder why he was trying to get to Dallas....

The article states he was unhappy with his suburban home, and another article (or this one - I don't remember which) stated he was afraid of a sex offender in his neighborhood and wanted to go back to living with his grandpa.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
I wonder why he was trying to get to Dallas....

To get to the other side?
Seems to me that the article suggests he doesn't like where he is living as of right now. Prefers to see his grandfather.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Ah, musta missed that part, thanks guys. Sometimes it's hard to work and read at the same time.

EDIT: I take back the 'bad' comment, looks like the little guy just wanted to be with his grandpa, although high speed police chases aren't the way to go...

[edit on 18-1-2007 by 27jd]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

Smuggling Crack.

new topics

top topics

join