It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinking Ship In English Channel 'Dangerous Cargo'!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I just thought i'd post thislink

The story has been briefly covered all morning but they don't know what is in the containers. Its apparently 'dangerous'. The winds here are crazy so it must be bad out at sea! Let hope whatever is in them wont cause any environmental problems for the south coast.

[edit on 18-1-2007 by fiftyfifty]

Sky News

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
more on this now,

news.sky.com...

Its leaking,

People are being told not to try and grab the barrles as some come near shore as many may contain harmfull chemicals,

Up to 200 tonnes of oil may have leaked from a fuel tank on the listing vessel, sparking pollution concern.

It has emerged that the ship previously ran aground off Singapore in 2001.

Department of Transport salvage chief Robin Middleton said he had decided the ship should be towed in and beached in Lyme Bay to reduce environmental damage.

The 62,000 tonne vessel was carrying 2,323 containers, 158 of which are classed as having potentially hazardous contents.

Three of the containers already washed overboard contained battery acid and perfumes. Others housed a variety of goods including BMW motorbikes and car parts.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Well its turned in to a free for all now,

People are grabbing what they can, Including BMW motor bikes, Purfume, and babie nappys,

People are being told to be aware of the law, You have to register what you have taken,

Looters have taken goods worth thousands of pounds that were washed ashore from the stricken ship MSC Napoli, beached off the Devon coast.
Police are patrolling Branscombe beach to try to stop more contents from about 20 washed up containers being taken.

Branscombe Police said looters have been warned it would be a crime to keep any of the ship's cargo.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Around 50 BMW motorbikes were carried off the beach last night

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I saw that on FOX News, people just taking free stuff off the beach!

I wish one of those would crash near me!

I'm sure the cargo was insured and they'd rather just get the insurance money than go looking for the stuff.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I like how the folks are willingly committing crime whilst being interviewed on TV!

You can't just go and take what you want. It is the property of the people who purchased the shipments.

posted on Mar, 17 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Hey.. My last name is BRANSCOMBe lol

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Peyres

Wouldn't this fall under maritime salvage laws (meaning basically "finders keepers")?
Second line.

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
i live in manchester stretford 2 mins away from stockport and i havent heard a thing anywer about the storms and strong winds killing people or the shipping container washed ashore all we see hear is libya ,bit of barhain ,bit of yemen,syria just in the last few hours but libya is big for us well david camerien but yea funny how americans know more about whats happening down the road from me then i do
gotta love the days we are slaves to

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
to be fair, it was a few years ago
check the thread date

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by EDL2011

might want to check date of origional post

new topics

top topics

join