It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran announces limb amputations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 06:12 AM
link   
www.ncr-iran.org...

I have NO idea if this is accurate or not. I am reporting this here for you all to make up your own minds on as to if this is accurate reporting - or just propaganda (or both).

According to this news story, the government of Iran will have an official law enforcement policy of limb amputation - such as the cutting off of hands if someone is found guilty of theft. They are returning to the 'old' way of doing things.

I think this is possible. But I don't know if it is true.

read more here

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Actually they still do that in countries like Saudi Arabia, when my husband was in Saudi, he said that he saw hangings and limb amputations.

He said that after a while you just get used of the public display.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I know it sounds barbaric but it would be a guarantee that America wouldn't have the crime we do if we resorted to that type of punishment.

Imagine how that would affect rapes.

I know they still abide by the Laws of Hammurabi in other countries to this day.

Personally I think it's a very just way to punish IMHO.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DDay
I know it sounds barbaric but it would be a guarantee that America wouldn't have the crime we do if we resorted to that type of punishment.

Imagine how that would affect rapes.

Unfortunately for the women it would be real bad for them.
Most rapes in countries where laws like this prevail end in the woman being stoned to death, either by the man she claims raped her or by her own family or both. I think it was in Iran, a teen girl, retarded, was hung from a crane after being raped.

www.iranfocus.com...

www.iranfocus.com...

Yup, gotta love Shariah. Woo-hoo! Caliphate now!

[edit on 18-1-2007 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
They cut off your hand for theft.They cuf off your ear for eavesdropping.

What happens if you committ a rape?

I suppose there would be fewer repeat offenders.

Of course, we civilized Americans have only about 10 times the crime they do. But correlation is not causation. There's not necesarily a connetion.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
But it was still wrong to hang sadamm.....

/sarcasm off

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Yes, in countries where women are considered property I imagine it's bad for them to make an accusation.
In the US tho the man would just lose his jewels. I see nothing wrong with that.

new topics

top topics

join