It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Arkansas - Air Force colonel reports lights 'not of this world'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:12 AM
link   

In the wake of reports of unidentified objects flying over Chicago's O'Hare Airport, a retired Air Force pilot has his own mystery with a rash of bright, colorful lights he photographed hovering in skies over western Arkansas last week.

"I believe these lights were not of this world, and I feel a duty and responsibility to come forward," Col. Brian Fields told WND. "I have no idea what they were."

Fields, 61, was cooking chicken at his Van Buren, Ark., home Jan. 9 when just before 7 p.m., he observed two intensely bright lights as he looked to the southeast close to the horizon.

wnd.com...

Mod Note (This Appears On Every New Thread/Post Reply Page): MEMBERS: Do not simply post news articles in the forums without comment. If you feel inclined to make the board aware of current events, please post the first paragraph, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item.

[edit on 1/18/2007 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:19 AM
link   
You beat me to the punch by a min, i saw this hit the drudge, we need moew info

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I just saw this on FOX news. It was interesting. The Colonel said that he saw the lights for at least an hour. There were three, then one, then five, then three ... ever changing. He also said that he had never seen anything like it. He managed to get some pictures. They look like orange energy balls Very interesting.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:47 AM
link   
From the pictures it just looks like an energy ball but according to the viewer, he says it looked like a frisbee (saucer). And it moved up and down like a yo-yo.

I don't think he helps his claim by going into Bible prophecies at the end. Albeit, he could be right, let's stick to what he saw and not what it means because going into that direction makes him come across as a crazy man.

[edit on 18-1-2007 by Jack_Deth]

jra

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 06:01 AM
link   
There's already a thread on this here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
i love the fact that they feel its worth mentioning that he was cooking chicken, like it had some consequence to the story

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frakkerface
i love the fact that they feel its worth mentioning that he was cooking chicken, like it had some consequence to the story

Yea, I guess the editor probably cut out that he was also cooking some french fried 'potaters'

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
This incident was just mentioned on Fox News Channel's morning show, Fox and Friends. They posted on picture that the pilot had taken. Very interesting indeed, especially since they commented on his credentials. They of course tried to make it seem like all lights were explainable and tried to joke it off at the end, but they comment that this was something to be ligitimatly concerned with, given that the pilot has exemplary records.

Edited to add that I just noticed there is a headline to this article at WND on Glenn Beck's homepage under the headlines. Strange that it's getting so much mainstream media coverage.

Glenn Beck

[edit on 18-1-2007 by jhanks28cold]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jack_Deth
I don't think he helps his claim by going into Bible prophecies at the end. Albeit, he could be right, let's stick to what he saw and not what it means because going into that direction makes him come across as a crazy man.

[edit on 18-1-2007 by Jack_Deth]

I agree. But one must consider the source: World Net Daily is a right-leaning publication, so I am not surprised that the article has that twist to it. On the one hand, it appeals to WND's audience. On the other, it alienates the WND people (who are disinclined to believe in UFO's) and everyone else (who is disinclined to embrace Bible prophecy).

new topics

top topics

join