It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Satan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Intrigue has yet again brought me to ATS. Who is Satan?

Through reading various articles it seems the religious amongst us believe that the NWO is the agenda of none other than Satan himself. I am very sceptical when it comes to religion, however I do try to keep an open mind.

You see I had a rather disturbing dream a few nights ago. Some worldwide 'event' had taken place (natural disaster or nuclear explosion, something along those lines) and I was watching an almost burned out television with my surviving friends and family. A 'man' (who at the same time wasn't a man) was approaching the camera from a great distance. This 'man' was the obvious reason behind the broadcast and a news reporter's voice was narrating. Apparently this 'man' was well known in certain circles and had seemingly risen to power during the disaster. He was here to address the remaining citizens of Earth. At this point I awoke.

The strangest thing was his face, or lack thereof. He was cloaked in shadow, yet distinguishable as a man. This was the part that disturbed me, he was familiar somehow.

Sorry for going off on a tangent but this dream provoked the question, who is Satan? The idea of Satan rising to power during some major disaster has always been a popular one amongst religious communities, is this dream accurate from a religious point of view? Or is it just that, a dream...

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:06 AM
link   
My first impression was that if we managed to get a glimpse of this guy's face, we would see ourselves.

In a close second was, hey, I know this guy....Or at least he sounds really quite familair to me..I've had similar dreams, probably others have also. would be interested to know if he said anything in his dream and what he said...

but, well, here's my opinion as to who satan is. when God decided to go "physical", well he introduced duality into the picture, starting with himself. he kind of divided, there is God, the creator, the god of love, and all things that God saw as good...but then there was another part of God, those things he really didn't like of himself, the destroyer, the god of fear, ect. he pushed these unwanted parts away from him, they became Satan. and the stage was set for the great cosmic play to begin...

The anti-christ of the Bible, if you ask me, is a spirit, it can manifest itself if those men and women living on earth choses to give it enough power to manifest. are they ruling others through fear, are they destroying more than they are creating, ect. spirits are non-physical beings. they have no power over the physical that isn't lent to them by the physical and man is the only ones who has been granted the ability to choose where our energies should go.
if this guy in black, as I call him, is a spiritual energy introducing himself to you, he only has this power because you have given it to him somehow. you let your energy go out into the cosmos, and he has managed to snatch it up. which is why I think that we never can see his face, we would see ourselves within it.

at least that is what I think of the matters....
but still would like to know if he said anything.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
My first impression was that if we managed to get a glimpse of this guy's face, we would see ourselves.

In a close second was, hey, I know this guy....Or at least he sounds really quite familair to me..I've had similar dreams, probably others have also. would be interested to know if he said anything in his dream and what he said...

but, well, here's my opinion as to who satan is. when God decided to go "physical", well he introduced duality into the picture, starting with himself. he kind of divided, there is God, the creator, the god of love, and all things that God saw as good...but then there was another part of God, those things he really didn't like of himself, the destroyer, the god of fear, ect. he pushed these unwanted parts away from him, they became Satan. and the stage was set for the great cosmic play to begin...

The anti-christ of the Bible, if you ask me, is a spirit, it can manifest itself if those men and women living on earth choses to give it enough power to manifest. are they ruling others through fear, are they destroying more than they are creating, ect. spirits are non-physical beings. they have no power over the physical that isn't lent to them by the physical and man is the only ones who has been granted the ability to choose where our energies should go.
if this guy in black, as I call him, is a spiritual energy introducing himself to you, he only has this power because you have given it to him somehow. you let your energy go out into the cosmos, and he has managed to snatch it up. which is why I think that we never can see his face, we would see ourselves within it.

at least that is what I think of the matters....
but still would like to know if he said anything.

All I know is that he was coming to 'address the nations'. It was quite frightening, HE was frightening. But as I said before, a dream may just be a dream.

With regards to your views on Satan, one may speculate that Satan (evil) lives in all of us, just as God (good) does in the eyes of the religious. If this is the case, and each is integral to our existence, then how can either of the two ever gain dominance? Is it an illusion? When things are good are we just temporarily dismissing the bad things, and vice versa?

In this case Satan's potential reign will be temporary, eventually giving way to the ever presence of God. This sounds like an endless cycle to me.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 05:48 AM
link   
there's a reason for all things to be, even the bad things have a little good to them...
a never ending cycle, well, maybe, but then maybe not. can we find a way of understanding that can find value in destruction, fear, ect, ect,....all those things that we accertain as being evil? fear, if we let the emotion rule us, isn't too good, but well, that same thing can give you a little extra boost if you're facing a life or death crisis and need to run!! somehow, it all blends in to a perfect picture, a symphony if you life, we just can't' understand how it does this. when we do, we will stop trying to caste half of ourselves away from us, declaring it evil or whatever. there will be no need for a Satan anymore.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Yes I can definitely relate to that. We create boundaries for ourselves, good/bad, right/wrong - these things divide our perception. Take a look at Adolf Hitler, somebody who is generally considered 'evil' or 'bad'. The majority of us would find it hard to acknowledge a 'good' side to him, regardless of whether or not a good side existed. However there are those who seem him as a 'good' guy and find it difficult to see bad in him. It depends purely on your perspective.

It can be argued that Satan is the face of humanity in general, it's just the other side of the coin. If our perception wasn't divided in this way, what would we see? Is it impossible to comprehend existence without good/bad, right/wrong? Or is good completely independent from bad, can 'pure evil' actually exist?

Back on topic - It would seem that evil has an agenda. In what way does Satan want to change the world? What does he want to change it into?

[edit on 18/1/07 by thebox]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Whether you believe satan or not, others do, or at least try real hard.

They are not nice people. You would want to try and avoid them (unless you're like me, then you service with Minions ((HaHa))).

These are the ones who will arise in a Time of Chaos to advantage their personal desires to have wrought the destruction, in any form possible: their own.

They would lay to waste whatever crossed their paths.

Satan? Who knows. But some do believe.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Well not all believers are worshippers...

Is Satan said to come to power through politics, or peace?

top topics

join