It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Vague Question. Do you ever feel as though your journey did not begin here?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Do you ever feel as though your journey did not begin here?

I thank you in advance for any and all responses.

thank you,
john

Absolutely. I can not put it into words either, but i get the feeling that i've done things before that i have actually yet to do in this current lifetime. I think alot of people have this feeling in the current age, maybe theres something more to it than just coincidence
dun dun DUN!!!...

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 07:08 AM
link   
One of the more profound experiences/posts imo is that submitted by SeekerPI regarding his very early childhood memories of an adult existence in a land other than that of his (in this life) birth.

If we speak of journeys to mean (primarily) our existence in our current lifetime, how can SeekerPI's out-of-time-and-place memories be explained, other than to suspect SeekerPI's journey did not begin 'here' but in fact incorporates other 'heres' and other times?

SeekerPI's experience is the more poignant to me because I've experienced something very similar which also involves Germany and England. As a very young child in England, I used to cry (seemingly inexplicably) whenever the German national anthem was played on the radio, yet I was born into a family of stoutly British war veterans who'd fought determinedly against Germany. As an adult, on occasion, I still experience brief (and enjoyable) flashes of 'memory' about Germany which invariably create in me a deep longing and homesickness, despite that I've never been to Germany (in this life).

But as a young child I experienced other memories too, far more ancient and in which I was of the opposite sex.

Helen Wambaugh elicited from hundreds of subjects memories of not only other existences/incarnations but also pre-birth memories. Interestingly, numerous subjects reported they had been reluctant to take possession of the human body allocated to them and had not done so until several months after their birth. Clearly, their bodies were inhabited by *some*thing, someone, during this period -- but who, what? And where were the designated 'owners' during the period in which they postponed occupancy? They claimed they continued their preferred existence on other planes/dimensions. Finally and without relish, they bit the bullet and took possession of their infant bodies and lives.

Clearly, for those reluctant occupants of bodies already-arrived on the planet, their journey did NOT begin here.

And what of those obliging temporary-occupants of those infant bodies -- who, what were/are they? Do they operate as 'temps' similar to those who fill in for office personnel? Do they occupy unwanted infant bodies as a favour for the designated occupants, as in: " Oh, ok. I'll fill in for you, but only for five months. " ? Do the parents notice an alteration in the infant's demeanor after the exchange? Where do the 'temps' go after relinquishing occupancy? *Their* journey apparently neither begins nor ends 'here'.

Some decades ago in the UK, two girls were born to parents who'd lost two previous daughters in an accident. The two later-born girls apparently bore birthmarks in echo of scars and damage that had occurred to their dead siblings. Further, they were allegedly able (as young children) to identify possessions which had belonged to their dead siblings and to point out houses, locations, etc. known to their dead siblings. Their father believed that the two later-born girls were reincarnations of their dead sisters. So ....... an interrupted journey ? Some believed 'suggestion' on the part of the father was responsible. Nevertheless, the scars and birthmarks on the later-born girls were photographed and did coincide with marborne by the dead girls.

The OP may intend 'journey' to be interpreted as multiple-incarnations (and everything in between) and 'here' as basically our spirit in its current state, in which case I tend towards the view of the poster who stated we are all one, when it's all said and done :-)

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 07:31 AM
link   
To answer the question,

I dont think i belong or belonged in outer space, however, the Aquarius in me likes exploring the Universe, wonders what is out there and is very interested in more than a 3 block radius of where i live. I know there are many who could care less...not me. I am part of this great Universe and i want to know more as i feel tuned into the vastness of the universe as a whole.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I dont think I ever thought my journey began here.

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy
IEyE did not start here... in this (I).... Yet EyE continue here.
This (I) houses this other EyE.
This EyE, is an open eye into different memories, not (I)'s.
This EyE, is small in those who do not water or cultivate it properly.
This EyE, is fierce and kind, ruthless and merciful.
(I) is terrified of EyE, and tries to indentify with it on all levels out of fear.
EyE searches far and wide, narrow and deep.. thoroughly... for anything to convince the (I) that it is NOT the same entity, but a luckier version of a much older EyE.

Most perfectly stated.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
i have been told that i'm a future throwback by close & insightful friends
(BTW, that is nothing like a time traveler)

but to my own inner search of the person i now wear, my immediate past was of being an early human or neanderthal, say 30,000BCE.

its still unresolved, to my mind- - as to how one have a former life in the future
and have a still have a past-life regression of a former life in the early stone-age

i'm still exploring the realm of conscious & how time/space are created by counsciousness,
and not as our current paradigm has it- - -we see the picture as time-&-space gives rise to matter which in turn gives rise to sentient life which then evolves to create the many levels of consciousness.

if, on the other hand, 'consciousness' itself was the progenitor of light, time/space & matter...(which are only quanta of energies)
then the preceived 'universe' was only as large as could be conceived or consciously experienced by the sentient forms in that era.
but i digress too much.....

imagine a string of paper dolls cut from folded paper,
the paper would correspond to 'consciousness'
the dolls represent the 'you'
the dolls linked together in a string represent seperate packets of time of 'you'

anyhow, i'm still working on it,
there's just way too many web links to "conscious universe" et al, to cite any...
however my latest read is with a site by Peter Russell
which has a form of free e-book available

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
St Udio: Interesting !

But WHOSE consciousness ?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

i'm still exploring the realm of conscious & how time/space are created by counsciousness,
and not as our current paradigm has it- - -we see the picture as time-&-space gives rise to matter which in turn gives rise to sentient life which then evolves to create the many levels of consciousness.

if, on the other hand, 'consciousness' itself was the progenitor of light, time/space & matter...(which are only quanta of energies)
then the preceived 'universe' was only as large as could be conceived or consciously experienced by the sentient forms in that era.
but i digress too much.....

Boy oh boy are you going to have fun thinking about consciousness
It is something i have thought long and hard about, and is most enjoyable when you reach the conclusion, although i wont tell you wat it is, because (trust me) it will be far more of a revelation/enlightenment for u if u realise it urself.

I think you put it as i have it in my mind, that consciousness creates the material universe, not the other way around, as science tells us.

I believe you would really enjoy a book by Michael Sharp called "Ascension: The divine world order". Dont let the name fool you, it focus's on consciousness for the majority of the book, and you can read half of it online at his website. He puts it down very simply, but the first time i read it it made more sense than anything ive ever read (not to say its all true).

What the book says is what i've come to conclude. I used to think past lifes were possible, but now i see it as one continous life. There is no past, present and future, all have and are happening at the same time, yet, it appears from our perspective that time is seperate (and organisms for that matter). what this means is, if you have memories from "another time", you are merely linking to that part of time/space and experiencing it, rather than remembering it.

Someone mentioned bodies not being occupied until several months after birth. I think this is entirely possible, and maybe the length of time could be even longer than this.

My conclusions is somewhat similar to Buddhist teachings, that "all is one", everything we see (and can't) is the same at the fundamental level, and that fundamental is consciousness itself, or the spirit.

God consciousness is interesting!

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

EyE did not start here... in this (I).... Yet EyE continue here.
This (I) houses this other EyE.
This EyE, is an open eye into different memories, not (I)'s.
This EyE, is small in those who do not water or cultivate it properly.
This EyE, is fierce and kind, ruthless and merciful.
(I) is terrified of EyE, and tries to indentify with it on all levels out of fear.
EyE searches far and wide, narrow and deep.. thoroughly... for anything to convince the (I) that it is NOT the same entity, but a luckier version of a much older EyE.

The bold is where i started understanding the first time i read it.

The second time through it made a lot more sense.

This is not too vague to me. I understand most of what it is you are trying to convey.

Was this written on the spot, or is this a version of something you already wrote, with your current mood serving as editor?

[edit on 17-1-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

On the spot.. the EyE speaks thru, there's no need for pre-writing.. When the (I) can sit at the EyEs feet and listen intently, much can be done.. too bad most times the EyE feels no need for arousing the (I) .... So it happens when it happens.. it can't be forced.

[edit on 1/17/2007 by PuRe EnErGy]

I agree with this. You can not force art, it must be inspired in its own time. Who would listen if the the EyE spoke? Who would recognize the EyE for who and what he was? Who would follow his direction? I believe the EyE has spoken many times, in many places. He has asked, he has begged, but he has never ordered.

The (I) has been kept ignorant, poisoned, and pitted against itself. The EyE has patently awaited the awakening of those who can effect the greatest change.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

I agree with this. You can not force art, it must be inspired in its own time. Who would listen if the the EyE spoke? Who would recognize the EyE for who and what he was? Who would follow his direction? I believe the EyE has spoken many times, in many places. He has asked, he has begged, but he has never ordered.

The (I) has been kept ignorant, poisoned, and pitted against itself. The EyE has patently awaited the awakening of those who can effect the greatest change.

You know... I've never thought of the fact that "he has never ordered"
It really got me thinking..

I .for one. AM getting increasingly disgusted with the current situation plaguing our lands.

I'm not listening to the BS anymore and I don't/won't tolerate ANY from anyone else.

I think we should have a limit, ... .EyE 4 OnE. (141) Think enogh BS is enough, it doesn't take a genius to understand this is just a big playground, for a severly limited amount of people.

and you have to take whats in existance as a great example of what they "permit" or enjoy... it can't be that hard for someone to control their game, especially a group trained in NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming), and wealthy enough to initiate their programming.

I'm the bio-mechanical hate machine
I hate to dream,
because it seems to venerate their schemes
diss-sin-too.?....great!, (disintegrate)
damn straight we bleed, but does that mean .EyE. don't see their gleams?
polished up a diseased clean...
with pleasing smiles to rile up the Godly, who cares if it makes them pile up their bodies...........
we got beams for wise men: your fellow scum,
carry these in your EyEs men.
See their vibes, into their lives end, into de-sized dens
does this jive friend?
It's not like it makes a difference,
if you just jive but refrain from the dive in,.. get your kerchiefs
afraid of people like sitting alone at the drive-in or the circus.
with novacaine fingers on blind-men who rush to touch the surface,
numb to read... but driven to be enlivened with no purpose
so you succumb to the speed and join to be a FiGHT'Ling
armies curse us fighting without thinkin' of who they're smiting
righting the wrong along the way,
poor little FLiGHT'Lings and shame on the slave kings for being that way
for laughing at the prey as they .pray. to be one of the saved

gutterbuddha.spaces.live.com...

I wrote the above last-night, (the rest of it is at the link above)
I figured it applied to my rant, some of it I can't post due to lyrical content..

but don't you think humans killing humans has gone on long enough? how uncivilized is that, for us humans to have SOOOOO Many tools to communicate with. so many ideologies, concepts and beliefs, so many public-speakers who advocate PEACE, they are on PEACES side.. not on WARS SIDE *TRYING* TO CREATE PEACE (a kingdom divided against it self WILL FALL) I really hope BUSH READS THIS CRAP!
and anyone else too busy with work, or school, or WAR! .. or THEMSELVES.
How can you tolerate the landscape? Sitting here spouting off how mans so great!
Tears man, years of tears among peers who fear clearing the rubble
like its any trouble.. step out of your bubbles and drop to the planets surface and realize who originally ran its service because if you can't touch what hurts kids...... you've lost your purpose.

[edit on 1/18/2007 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's a great question! And one that hasn't been really posed before...Although reincarnation has been mentioned, that seems to relate specifically to a past life on this planet.

I'll tell you that I've had powerful, lucid dreams most of my life of interplanetary travel, ufos, foreign planets, flying in ufos and watching the landscape from inside of them, and other "space" dreams.

Every one of these dreams elicited a strong response in me, sometimes very emotional. I've never met anyone who's had dreams like this - and for so long.

I have a friend who is a medium, a good one, who has done readings for me a couple of times. During one of my readings she asked me if I had questions for my "guides". I asked about these dreams and was told that they are memories of past lives.

The thing is, I'm very curious if there are any future dreams in there as well, because they could be mixed up. My guide may have been referring to some of them, because I have this nagging sensation that there were some future dreams mixed in there as well, but until they come to pass I just won't know.

I had a somewhat shocking out of body experience about four or five years ago (maybe more) where I was sleeping lightly and found myself wide awake, but when I looked down I didn't see my blankets, I saw my nude body. My body was an almost transparent, translucent blue glow (actually, looking back, it may have been bright white, or bright yellow - it was a while ago), but it looked like my body. I was surrounded by pitch black...

I think I hovered there for about four or five seconds, then started to feel uneasy and woke up in my physical body. This event showed me something I'd never seen before, and obviously wasn't prepared for, but I've never forgotten it...

So, this makes me think that we are something different than our physical bodies. Not only that, but if this body is a suit, then we must have put it on, and will be taking it off...

Thank you for asking the question. My answer is yes.

[edit on 18-1-2007 by OnTheDeck]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
!!WOW!!

So many very truthfull and inspiring replies, all of them!
I'd like to comment more on all of them, but it seems people already are on the same page concerning the thread content, just the words seem to be a little different, but not the feeling that it is possible our journey (or journies) began elswhere.

No one has dissapointed me with their responses, and i intend to read in closer detail everyones responses a couple more times before making more comments/post.

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by OnTheDeck

I'll tell you that I've had powerful, lucid dreams most of my life of interplanetary travel, ufos, foreign planets, flying in ufos and watching the landscape from inside of them, and other "space" dreams.

Every one of these dreams elicited a strong response in me, sometimes very emotional. I've never met anyone who's had dreams like this - and for so long.

I think we have common ground here. I too have had the kind of dreams you seem to be describing. Very detailed in what is seen, accompanied by an extreme emotional response, and i have had these kind of dreams off and on for my whole life, 35 years, as far back as i can remember.

In one dream there are "ufos" that seem to be dancing in unison in the night sky, with many colored lights on them. The sky seems different, although at night there is a tint of light blue and purple to the sky, especially the horizon. Above in the sky it seems the planet has a ring, but a distinclty different ring than what we are used to. The planet has a ring that is a rainbow, encircling the entire planet. The first time i had this dream i was in 2nd or 3rd grade, i believe. And i was not really interested in ufos, nor am i sure how i was ever introduced to the idea, although it may have been tv cartoons like "superman" that introduced me to the concept.

So, this makes me think that we are something different than our physical bodies. Not only that, but if this body is a suit, then we must have put it on, and will be taking it off...

There may indeed be a lot of truth to the above statement.

I believe it was either Plato or Socrates who said something extremely similiar.

posted on Feb, 22 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dock6
SeekerPI's experience is the more poignant to me because I've experienced something very similar which also involves Germany and England. As a very young child in England, I used to cry (seemingly inexplicably) whenever the German national anthem was played on the radio, yet I was born into a family of stoutly British war veterans who'd fought determinedly against Germany. As an adult, on occasion, I still experience brief (and enjoyable) flashes of 'memory' about Germany which invariably create in me a deep longing and homesickness, despite that I've never been to Germany (in this life).

Dock6.
Revisting this thread some weeks after the original posts, I have to say your comments raised the hair on the back of my neck. I cannot explain how profoundly moving your statement is to me. As a child I vividly remember hearing Deutchland Uber aller for the first time and like yourself being moved to tears for no accountable reason. Thanks for shareing and may peace be with you, for I believe that PEACE is the lesson to be learnt and the reason we have returned.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join