It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Vague Question. Do you ever feel as though your journey did not begin here?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Forgive me for the vagueness of the question. If it makes sense to you, then you might be able to supply an answer, specifics are not necessary as far as i'm concerned. I'm just curious as to your responses, and what they might mean.

This is one of the shortest intro posts to any thread I've authored. I'm not sure if i am referring to reincarnation or not. Perhaps something different.

The entire premise for this thread is this question:

Do you ever feel as though your journey did not begin here?

I thank you in advance for any and all responses.

thank you,
john

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Yes I do. But I'm not that good with words, and I don't think words alone would be able to explain it. So I'll just leave my answer at yes.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluesteel
Yes I do. But I'm not that good with words, and I don't think words alone would be able to explain it. So I'll just leave my answer at yes.

I understand your point about not having the words.

I sometimes think words fail to describe the "it" we are referring to.

This is why i did not expect, nor do i expect specifics, as i stated in the intro. I know it is difficult to put into words. I also know that there are too many words that can be used to describe it.

thanks for sharing,
john

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I think so many times i have flashbacks and memories which don't belong to me so it may not of been a long life or one that was too far in the past but yes my journey started before my current birth.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Hi Teacher.

Many things have happened to me over the years that have led me to conclusions to complicated to narrate here in one go. But I will give you this.

As a two year old, I told an Aunt of my time working in a munitions factory during the Great War. The intriguing part of the story is that it was in Germany and It involved U boats. Coming from the mouth of a two year old ENGLISH child this caused a certain amount of consternation within my family, and was actualy kept secret from me for many years. It was not until I emigrated to Canada in my late twenties that the story was told to me along with other revelations about things I told them as small boy.

Space does not permit further elaberation, but if indeed like myself you are a seeker of the truth, I will happily continue this dialogue.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
i have pondered (and many others have) at times that my "journey" can and must not end here (earth)...

even though i am not "100% christian" or anything like that, i still, at times, know / feel that this life is not all that there is...

sorry that this is the exact opposite of what we are discussing, but it is on topic...

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker PI
Space does not permit further elaberation, but if indeed like myself you are a seeker of the truth, I will happily continue this dialogue.

I have no reason to doubt your story, nor am i judging.

I appreciate your willingness to share your experiences. For the purpose of this thread i am more interested in initial reactions rather than specific details that i know are personal and intimate for you to share.

If you want to elaborate further, i am willing to listen.

However, i am not prying. I merely wanted to know if you personally feel that your "journey" may have begun elsewhere.

I sincerely thank you for your openness,
john

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

even though i am not "100% christian" or anything like that, i still, at times, know / feel that this life is not all that there is...

sorry that this is the exact opposite of what we are discussing, but it is on topic...

I don't think it is too far off topic at all.

Actually you bring up a point that is a valuable one.

In many circles there are highly learned people (PHDs & the like) who earnestly believe that there are portions of the subconscious that do recall and remember future events just as we consciously recall past experiences.

Is there a soul? Can consciousness itself cease to exist?

These may be pertinent questions. Who's to say we travel one way through time.

Perhaps a person's journey began in the future ... (just a thought)

Can we have what are "gut feelings" that exist because we somehow remember as a memory something that has not yet occured, yet we feel a familiarity with the event anyways?

I am not the one to say it is impossible, and i would be lying if i said i could prove that there is not any mechanism whatsoever that allows us to recall future events. I simply do not posses enough information to discount it as a possibility.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I can do vague.. if thats the dance.. lol

EyE did not start here... in this (I).... Yet EyE continue here.
This (I) houses this other EyE.
This EyE, is an open eye into different memories, not (I)'s.
This EyE, is small in those who do not water or cultivate it properly.
This EyE, is fierce and kind, ruthless and merciful.
(I) is terrified of EyE, and tries to indentify with it on all levels out of fear.
EyE searches far and wide, narrow and deep.. thoroughly... for anything to convince the (I) that it is NOT the same entity, but a luckier version of a much older EyE.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

(I) is terrified of EyE, and tries to indentify with it on all levels out of fear.
EyE searches far and wide, narrow and deep.. thoroughly... for anything to convince the (I) that it is NOT the same entity, but a luckier version of a much older EyE.

The bold is where i started understanding the first time i read it.

The second time through it made a lot more sense.

This is not too vague to me. I understand most of what it is you are trying to convey.

Was this written on the spot, or is this a version of something you already wrote, with your current mood serving as editor?

[edit on 17-1-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Because "ever" and "feel" are general and unempirical enough that they do not require me to profess an absolute certainty or a belief to which I might tenaciously cling, I feel comfortable saying, "Yes, I sometimes feel that my journey did not begin here."

What that signifies, if anything, is an open question of course. I do sometimes (as opposed to always) feel (as opposed to know) that my journey (whatever that means) did not begin here.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by AceWombat04]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I have experienced things in my life that indicate to me that our journey began long ago, far from here.

Assuming time and space aren't illusions. I've had some experiences that suggest that as well.

Vas

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Much appreciated Teacher.
I'am not looking for an ear, I was just intrigued by your question.
This is just a transit stop along the way.
I like your thought on the journey flowing in two directions. I'll have to give that some thought.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

Originally posted by PuRe EnErGy

The bold is where i started understanding the first time i read it.

The second time through it made a lot more sense.

This is not too vague to me. I understand most of what it is you are trying to convey.

Was this written on the spot, or is this a version of something you already wrote, with your current mood serving as editor?

[edit on 17-1-2007 by Esoteric Teacher]

On the spot.. the EyE speaks thru, there's no need for pre-writing.. When the (I) can sit at the EyEs feet and listen intently, much can be done.. too bad most times the EyE feels no need for arousing the (I) .... So it happens when it happens.. it can't be forced.

[edit on 1/17/2007 by PuRe EnErGy]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Curious at your choice of the word "journey," when we could really all be just heaps of molecules orbiting in a never ending universe of interdimentional synchronicity with no possible chance of cosmically comprehending that reasons don't exist.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I thank you in advance for any and all responses.

No.

I'm not even convinced that it is a journey.

If you're correct, and it is, then the only destination I can imagine is despair.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   

We never die, we are eternal.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I feel like I had to chime in here...

I have been pondering the meaning of life for some time now. I is not simply "I," but WE. We are all one heart, one soul/spirit, and one body. This is what I believe the breaking of bread (communion) in Christianity is trying to confer.

Religions only skim the surface of reality because there is so much more to understand than our physical universe. There are micro and macrocosms, inner and outerverses, as well as dimensions which we cannot possibly comprehend to life. The journey does not end with death, nor did it begin with birth. Life and love are all that exist, duality and singularity at the same instant. Superposition in quantum physics, oneness in Islam, etc.

We are all sparks of light living this creation for the greater knowledge of the ONE. First Source brings us life and breathe with every instant. We are who we are who we are. I AM WHAT I AM WHAT I AM!

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:36 AM
link   
It is an interesting question, and one I'll be honest, I've never
thought about.

I don't think that anyone, myself included has a specific set
journey, rather as we live and experience we create our own
journeys moment by moment, experience by experience.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   
well this is interesting. As to whether I think that my journey began here I would have to say no. I say this for many reasons the first of which is that I feel almost as if i have lived many lives in my short stay here on earth almost like the phoenix. But on a deeper since I have never felt scared of death because deep down I know that I have come before and that I will come again. Also teacher as to your thoughts about weather a persons journey could begin in the future I think that it could be a definite possibility, for example right before I saw the Idea in your post I thought it. Now whether I saw your writing out of the corner of my eye causing my subconscious to blast the image at me or I legitimately thought it all by myself I am not sure but if I did think of it on my own then I would definitely put it under the category possible memories from the future.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join