It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force colonel reports lights 'not of this world'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:27 PM
link   
I apologize if this is a repost but you can check out the story here:

wnd.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LuckyStrike

wnd.com...
I really like it when someone as important as an air force colonel comes forward like this.You can petty much bet he is not a hoaxer and knows his aircraft.Good find Luckystrike!

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I was just gonna post this article but you beat me to it. If this report is true, it will be a real advantage to the UFO community considering who is making the claim.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I saw this about 20 mins ago on the Drudgereport site, but the link there is dead.

I particularly liked his take on UFO's and Christian end times prophecies, as I tend to beleive the UFO phenomenon may take on that exact explenation.

Definately interesting to see the pic and the take from a 30 yr Col and F-16 pilot.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   
As I read things like this article, I have to wonder what made this person feel free to come forward, and whether those circumstances can be learned from and used to encourage other military or aviation witnesses to come forward. I was wondering if anyone had thoughts about why this guy decided that he could freely talk about this?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by crowpruitt

wnd.com...
I really like it when someone as important as an air force colonel comes forward like this.You can petty much bet he is not a hoaxer and knows his aircraft.Good find Luckystrike!

Why is that when people have a certain ranking in society, immediatly have a good credibility if they talk about UFO's, light or whatever? I don't understand this. Do you mean that just ordinary people are hoaxers at first hand? I am not attacking you personally but it's not the first time I read this. There are 100.000 stories like this, why shouldn't they be credible?

Nevertheless it is a very interesting story and hope this could be something

[edit on 18/1/2007 by rai76]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I was an Aircraft Weapons guy in the air force for close to six years, and I have to say that looking at the pictures I was saying to myself that these were only countermeasure flares that he was seeing....

Well, that was before I read the part about how he was a fighter pilot for a number of years. Trust me, if anybody would know what a flare looks like it would be this guy.

I will admit though, that he has some serious balls coming forward like that, especially giving his name and everything.

It very well could be that we are inching closer and closer to disclosure (in whatever form that may be)

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Why is that when people have a certain ranking in society, immediatly have a good credibility if they talk about UFO's, light or whatever? I don't understand this. Do you mean that just ordinary people are hoaxers at first hand?

Rai76- I believe the word you're searching for is stereotype. Our daily lives have become so busy, that our brains are crammed with information.. some useful some not. In order to make this process simpler and easier we develop stereotypes.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rai76

Originally posted by crowpruitt

wnd.com...

Why is that when people have a certain ranking in society, immediatly have a good credibility if they talk about UFO's, light or whatever? I don't understand this. Do you mean that just ordinary people are hoaxers at first hand? I am not attacking you personally but it's not the first time I read this. There are 100.000 stories like this, why shouldn't they be credible?

Nevertheless it is a very interesting story and hope this could be something

[edit on 18/1/2007 by rai76]
I didn't mean no disrespect to anyone,what I meant was an officer in the air force has alot to lose,so I' d bet he isn't lying about what he saw.Sorry for the mix-up in my words

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sr Wing Commander
I saw this about 20 mins ago on the Drudgereport site, but the link there is dead.

I particularly liked his take on UFO's and Christian end times prophecies, as I tend to beleive the UFO phenomenon may take on that exact explenation.

Definately interesting to see the pic and the take from a 30 yr Col and F-16 pilot.

Interesting that many people bring religion and UFO into the same conversation as of late. If in fact some UFO or beings are capable of time travel as stated by many here, it would make perfect sense as to many of the prophecies in the Bible, and countless other religious texts worldwide. We are obviously changing our environment, polluting the world so it eventually will no longer sustain life without our intervention of the pollution that we create. If these beings time travel, then in my opinion, they are right on que, and I would expect over the next few years to really start seeing some heavy action.

Another thought about sightings, is O'hare for example. If the government was in control, so to speak, or in contract with, we would not be seeing ANY sightings, as you can rest assured that would not be part of the agreement. For whatever reason, being they are aliens that are outside of our contact, or the "rebel" teenage alien taking dads car for a ride, they are none the less being seen, and photographed. Now you can reason a few things from that information, but for me, the bottom line is obviously our government is not in "complete" control over everything UFO and Alien related ;-)

The next 5-10 years should be very facinating, as many of the elder men and women that have worked on numerous projects are passing on, and one would hope they share their experience before they go.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I'm a believer in UFO's but those photos aren't very convincing. Looks like they've been knocked up using photoshop. They just look computer generated, especially the third one. Could they be holgrams. Possibly.

www.worldnetdaily.com...

Demos of holograms

www.laser-magic.com...

Information on creating holograms.

innovation.swmed.edu...

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Looks like a bunch of Tylenol3 if you ask me.

Originally posted by Mechanic 32

I enlarged the picture here, and increased the sharpness. You can see the odd similarities in the different colored objects.

i45.photobucket.com...

On this next one, I brought up the levels individually of the blue, green then red channels. But did not enlarge it.

Yo can now see that there are a couple more objects that were not otherwise visible...

Now it appears that it is indeed a pill.
Tylenol 3!!

Look at this, taken from the link below...

, and cropped and resized. Also sharpened the pic slightly so the "3" is more pronounced.

source:

www.eplanetshopping.com...

from this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 1/19/2007 by Mechanic 32]

new topics

top topics

join