It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

best viewing areas at area 51

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:45 PM
link   
i was doin some browsing around on google earth and i noticed this town "Mercury Nevada" which seems to straddle the border to area 51. To me this appears to be a much closer viewing area than the black mail box. Is this little city even still on the safe side of the border?...it looks like military installions everywhere around it. Where else would be a better viewing area other than the infamous Tipakoo Peak (spelling) and black mail box. From what i see on google eath, there are much better potential locations to view the juicy stuff.

Indian Springs, and Creech Airforce Base also look pretty interesting.

also keep in mind area51 encompasses not only just the airfield, but a much larger area.

[edit on 17-1-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I believe the closest you can get is 26 miles away from Area 51. You need a fairly high powered telescope to see anything.

To me, it's a waste of time to go there. The possibility of seeing anything is pretty much nil, especially in the day. Unless you want to see the day to day operations of an air force base, than be my guest.

I wouldn't even bother.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 10:40 PM
link   
i totally disagree, when i went i camped out and spent all day and night there. Saw some amazing things that definatly made the trip worth my time. The camo dudes was even more exciting than the giant rotating balls of lights that would frequent the mountain tops. I have no doubt anyone will see something very unusual if they were to spent 3 solid days/nights and a good vantage stop. I just think the black box ect... is definatly overrated and there are much better locations. Anyone want to look with me on the maps?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by hiii_98
i was doin some browsing around on google earth and i noticed this town "Mercury Nevada" which seems to straddle the border to area 51. To me this appears to be a much closer viewing area than the black mail box. Is this little city even still on the safe side of the border?...it looks like military installions everywhere around it. Where else would be a better viewing area other than the infamous Tipakoo Peak (spelling) and black mail box. From what i see on google eath, there are much better potential locations to view the juicy stuff.

I don't know where you think the border of Area 51 is but Mercury, NV is not on it. In this case common knowledge is correct, Rachel is closer than Mercury but neither are view points. Also the Black Mailbox isn't a viewing point like you said because you can't see the base from it.

You have to remember that physical distance isn't the only thing which decides whether a place is a good view-point or not, its altitude and hills and mountains in between.

Tikaboo Peak is one of a few places you can see Area 51 from, it is also the best. You are not going to get a better view unless the gov open up Freedom Ridge and White Sides again!

[edit on 18/1/07 by gfad]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Mercury is the main camp for the Nevada Test Site (NTS). It is about as far as you can get from Area 51 and still be on the edge of the Nevada Test and Training Range (NTTR). The "town" of Mercury is actually inside the NTS boundary in Area 23. If you climbed the nearby hills just east of Mercury, you could see into Area 5 (Frenchman Flat).

The "Black Mailbox" is much closer to Area 51, but only provides a view of the airspace above the base. There are many parts of the NTTR boundary that are closer to Area 51 than Mercury.

Tikaboo Peak is still the only viewsite for the Area 51 main base complex.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Tikaboo Peak is still the only viewsite for the Area 51 main base complex

I'm in a weak position here,i disagree, but as of yet i cannot provide any proof why. Why not hop into google earth and look at the 3d models from the base or even better s-4 perspective and find out which mountains would have a great view. Ever consider Tip..Peak is overated and sensationalized and there are really possibly better vantage points yet undiscovered on private land? I understand fully...NOT CLOSER... yet closer is worthless when you consider how large the base is and where the test flights actually occur. I would think and from what i saw most of these occur on the southern or western side of the range. Both of these areas are actually FURTHER than good 'ol Tipk Peak.

And yes of course i realize the black mail box will not overlook the base, and i wasnt impressed with its position and found it more of a tourist vantage point than an effective one.

Not trying to create a problem but gfad, why do you care and get so worked up about area51 logistics and infiltrating the base?... your own logistics are in the UK!! How often do you take a visit to the base? I'm only interested in those who have actually been there and want to improve a viewing spot. Not those interested in American folklore. Maybe you have been there i dont know, please enlighten me.

[edit on 18-1-2007 by hiii_98]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I'm in a weak position here,i disagree, but as of yet i cannot provide any proof why. Why not hop into google earth and look at the 3d models from the base or even better s-4 perspective and find out which mountains would have a great view. Ever consider Tip..Peak is overated and sensationalized and there are really possibly better vantage points yet undiscovered on private land? I understand fully...NOT CLOSER... yet closer is worthless when you consider how large the base is and where the test flights actually occur. I would think and from what i saw most of these occur on the southern or western side of the range. Both of these areas are actually FURTHER than good 'ol Tipk Peak.

I guess its possible that there are other view points on public land but I doubt it. I think they would have been found by now.

Shadowhawk are you forgetting about Reveille Peak? It offers a view of the main Area 51 base doesn't it? Not brilliant I admit but it does give a good line of sight straight down the runway.

Desert Secrets Panorama from Reveille Peak

Not trying to create a problem but gfad, why do you care and get so worked up about area51 logistics and infiltrating the base?... your own logistics are in the UK!! How often do you take a visit to the base? I'm only interested in those who have actually been there and want to improve a viewing spot. Not those interested in American folklore. Maybe you have been there i dont know, please enlighten me.

If you're not wanting to create a problem then don't patronise someone you don't know anything about. I think you are totally out of line with your comments and you have no right to talk like that. Yes I may not ever have been to the base but I have done extensive research and IMHO I think I know more about it than you. You asked a question on a public board and I answered it. If you don't want my opinion don't read it, in fact don't post your questions on public boards at all!

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   

, in fact don't post your questions on public boards at all!

listen buddy, i never asked you to leave and seeing as I initiated this thread why dont YOU take off.

i also noticed that you offered nothing to support your interesting in this topic other than you are a foreigner who likes to possibly read ufo books and browse the internet. I have personally made several trips to the base been chased by camo dudes to a point where i thought my life was in danger, and have very real near term plans to visit the base with some expensive equiptment within a months time.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Gentlemen. Gentlemen, please...

Let's not work our knickers into a bunch.

Thanks, GFAD, I hadn't thought of Reveille Peak. It's just so incredibly far away and difficult to climb. I've never bothered with it myself. Tikaboo provides a much more useful view.

hiii_98, it's true that there are many vantage points overlooking the NTTR (not Area 51, speciffically) and that the test aircraft fly within the NTTR airspace. Of course, there is usually no way of knowing when any exotic test vehicle might overfly a particulary section of the range. Most observers favor Area 51 because of the chance (however slim) of seeing an airplane involved in ground operations, takeoff or landing.

So far the only aircraft I have seen flying over Groom Lake include the B-2, F-117A, F-16, 737 and various helicopters.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
"So far the only aircraft I have seen flying over Groom Lake include the B-2, F-117A, F-16, 737 and various helicopters. "

most of those planes i can confirm as well as having viewed, i also saw alot of flares being dropped and hovering, as well as missle flares shot at other planes. I thought i read somewhere that some of the planes in the sky are there so that if the supposed UFO was to try to defect they are to shoot it down. Perhaps possible signs that a ufo might be launching might include abundance of air traffic , and also i noticed that the camo dudes will become very aggressive about 15 minutes before anything usuual pops over the mountain peaks. I also like what you said about how the entire air space is used and that airspace is NOT limited to where the aircraft take off from. Besides if ufos do exist why woudl they take off from the runway at the base? Where does most of the training activity take place..and i would guess the best view point is not the front gates area. Second keep in mind the size of the area51 boundary, its HUGE, and the s-4 area is not in the same location as the base itself. Given this i think a better vantage point could be realized, but i'm no expert in maps, but willing to look if someone points me in the right direction. Also where is that other mountain you recommended?

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If you want to see exotic aircraft testing, your best vantage points are Tikaboo Peak (for Area 51), hilltops north of Tonopah Test Range (Area 52) and the hill near Mercury (for a view of the airspace above Area 6).

Don't expect to see any extraterrestrial craft. There aren't any at these facilities. The "S-4" site is a myth createed by Bob Lazar. See this article by Stanton Friedman (includes link to Tom Mahood's research):

www.v-j-enterprises.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
"Stanton Friedman"
Isnt that the crackpot who madeup the myth of Rosewell and ufos/aliens?

an interesting read about the all knowing Friedman...

www.totse.com...

Friedman wrote and entire book about a UFO
crash at Corona and it never happened! His main informant turned out to
be completely unreliable and admitted that he was a fraud.

Its all a matter of who to listen to, and I think both Friedman and Lazar have a piece of the big puzzel, but despite what they would lead us to believe it is only a tiny piece. Although when i went i did NOT see any "alien spaceships" however i saw 3 instances of UnIdentifiedFlying aircraft displaying some very very usual characteristics, impossible for anything with a jet engine to perform. Where they saucers?.... who knows..too far away... where they flares with rotational engines on them? again who knows.. However to me what they were was INTERESTING and definatly worth a second look armed with some decent equiptment (and ALOT of free time).

BTW

best vantage points are Tikaboo Peak (for Area 51), hilltops north of Tonopah Test Range (Area 52) and the hill near Mercury (for a view of the airspace above Area 6).

Thank you for the suggestions, i will definatly try to check out all three locations.

another interesting perspective on lazar/friedman i found on the net
www.ufomind.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The most important material on Bob Lazar can be found here:

www.serve.com...

Tom Mahood did some solid research. I respect him a great deal.

posted on Jan, 29 2007 @ 11:29 PM
link   
what about "Mount Charleston" i read somewhere that Lazar claims this is an excellent viewing area for the s-4 region. Is this still within public lands? If so what direction should i start looking?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
In this interview Bob Lazar says you can see vehicles at S-4 moving from Mount Charleston even though it is 100 miles away. I highly doubt this.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Is this still within public lands? If so what direction should i start looking?

You always seem to answer a question with an unrelated opinion rather than with a answer. Whether or not Bob is full of it or not is not my concern, i just want to know where the Mountain is in relation to S-4/ area51. I'm still interested in researching better viewing areas, especially areas where the flight tests might cover. In later interviews Lazar claimed the mailbox was not a good viewing area in comparison.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I've never been to Mt. Charleston, but I understand it provides a decent (if distant) view of the airspace over the Nevada Test Site and Nellis Range.

During the 1950s, reporters and photographers went to Mt. Charleston to observe the atomic tests at Frenchman Flat and Yucca Flat. Some of the photos they took were pretty good.

You would need some decent optics.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by Shadowhawk]

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
thanks
do you know where the mountain is in relation to the base? I'd like to locate it on google earth and plan a trip there.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   

"Stanton Friedman"
Isnt that the crackpot who madeup the myth of Rosewell and ufos/aliens?

no.... the "myth" as you put it was brought forward, by all the people involved in the incident.

All the military personell who eventually told something, the news paper articles from 1947, mainly the people who lived out there on the ranches where this thing crashed.

Thats where the story comes from.

posted on Jan, 31 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Yes i believe they all saw a military object that crashed on the ranch. I have actually visited the town, spoke to several of the residents, and visited the crash site (not to mention read all the silly books and watch Friedman's interviews). Nothing convinces me that aliens from zeti reticuli crash landed. However i do believe a very sensative military object did crash in the fields.

[edit on 31-1-2007 by hiii_98]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join