It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

hmm. Attila?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:04 PM
link   

i have no idea what AMMO is.

[AMMO] - A team from the University of West Timisoara in Timisoara [UVT] may have begun investigations into the origins of a massive city 20km north of that western Romanian centre which has mystified the very few who are aware of its existence. The identity of the builders and the reasons for its abandonment seem to be hotly debated issues among them but answers may be on the way … maybe.

The four walled city, as large as ancient Rome, is quite unique in that the famous coliseum could fit comfortably astride one its walls, the length of which total over 33km. When contacted, prominent European archaeologists say they had no knowledge of the site until very recently and that they are fascinated by the great achievements of … somebody.

pics from Rootsweb

LINK

````````````````````````````````
edited to trim large cut/paste and add link

You have a U2U

[edit on 17/1/07 by masqua]

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Awesome! New discoveries are great, don't you think?

Perhaps Attila built his capital atop the foundations of an older city.

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nextguyinline
Awesome! New discoveries are great, don't you think?

Perhaps Attila built his capital atop the foundations of an older city.

Luv em. The bigger the better.

This i cannot believe noone noticed.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
strange that ive havent read and heared about it.

Speaking about Atilla. Its generally accepted that the huns were turkic tribe. I wonder if they could be understood by modern turkic speaking people

I know that arabians can understand classical arabian from 8th century ad. Maybe they cant understand the street version of it then.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomcat ha
strange that ive havent read and heared about it.

Speaking about Atilla. Its generally accepted that the huns were turkic tribe. I wonder if they could be understood by modern turkic speaking people

I know that arabians can understand classical arabian from 8th century ad. Maybe they cant understand the street version of it then.

I have read that Chuvash would be pretty close to Hun. Search Chuvash on YouTube, I seem to remember it was the clip with a horse and it started half way through the bit with the Chuvash.

It seems that the Romanians are keen to keep this quiet. In one forum post a member of the UVT team says they are afraid of "people madness".

Apparently the Candians had been trying to get in contact with the Romanians but could not so they went public a bit. The Romanians contacted them then. The Canadians say they offered to fund the work and were declined but the Romanians proceeded to report to an Italian investigator that there would be no work done because they had no funding. They were standing by their initial assessment that the site was middle bronze age. The Canadians saw this report and got in contact with a prominent archaeologist who contacted the Romanians who then reported that work had begun.

Interesting.

[edit on 18-1-2007 by omnicrap]

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I love the name atillia, I should name myself that but anyway new discoveries are good to know where we really come from and how advanced people really were back in our history.

top topics

join