It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Same Old Rhetoric...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Bush's New Iran Policy - No Evidence for IED Charge

Does this sound familiar.... The "Smokling Gun" evidence of WMD's trumped up to justify the invasion of Iraq.

Now no evidence to support the claim that Iran is assisting Iraqi terrorists.

WASHINGTON - For 18 months now, the George W. Bush administration has periodically raised the charge that Iran is supplying anti-coalition forces in Iraq with arms.

But in the past, high administration officials have always admitted that they have no real evidence to support it...

And I really like this...

...few days after the stories appeared, Rumsfeld declared that these shaped charges were "clearly, unambiguously from Iran" and blamed Tehran for allowing the cross-border traffic.

But the administration had a major credibility problem with that story. It could not explain why Iran would want to assist the enemies of the militant Shiite parties in Iraq that were aligned with Iran.

When are we going to quit accepting the Bush administration's lies?

posted on Jan, 17 2007 @ 07:36 PM
link   
What they are doing is the same old rhetoric, they HAVE to do this to keep their supporters. Also it will throw the "human rights" groups (which never do anything when it comes to IMPORTANT subjects) thrown untill they can prove otherwise. However, you must remember they can just add more tunnels in the rabbit hole if someone gets close.
They are just trying to throw people for a loop right now. Here is something to think about though: Irans main oil areas are near Kuwait, and North East Iran near Afghanistan last time I checked.
I wish Iran the best of luck, they need it considering the military is going to bombard them form 200+ miles away.

join